Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Got tickets for Greenman this morning. Was all very impromptu and last minute, just thought I'd try, then suddenly got through and asked the family if they fancied going...and they were all like wtf...err..ok then...so we're going.

Awesome, have a great time mate! Hopefully the weather is nice too. 

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Got tickets for Greenman this morning. Was all very impromptu and last minute, just thought I'd try, then suddenly got through and asked the family if they fancied going...and they were all like wtf...err..ok then...so we're going.

Got tickets this morning with my girlfriend as well, her first camping festival so looking forward to it

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Have a great time! I bloody love Green Man.

• Like 1

You need to find something to fill the hours without the shit thread, I suppose.

Amazing stuff! I highly recommend seeing Stephen Fretwell 

indeed, thought I'd better try one of these festival things everyone keeps banging on about.

I mean, the very idea that there were any people who regularly posted in that thread but didn't even have any actual interest in festivals or music! Who could possibly be that sad?!

tenor.gif

Edited by Homer

On 7/26/2021 at 2:06 PM, Chapple12345 said:

In all honesty I'm shocked they managed to get away with reactively few cancellations

Yeah agree with this l. I felt we were really lucky that none of the headliners had to cancel. 

Wanted to see Arlo Parks, but she would have clashed with Rudimental and they turned out to be one of my favourite sets of the festival. I see Arlo is touring and so will try and catch her later in the year.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I bloody love Green Man.

Me to. Always a good selection of acts and they have a beer festival going on as well - genius 

On 7/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, Homer said:

I mean, the very idea that there were any people who regularly posted in that thread but didn't even have any actual interest in festivals or music! Who could possibly be that sad?!

tenor.gif

Ha! I thought the same myself on quite a few occasions.

All the Barry's seem to have disappeared with that thread....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/26/2021 at 9:52 AM, Homer said:

Not sure where else to put this, but for any of the Londoners on here, got sent links for cheap tickets to all the gigs at Crystal Palace bowl in August/September last night. Supergrass and Sleaford dates are now £20; Dizzee Rascal is £25. If anyone wants a link, please DM and I'll fire it across. Ta! 

Bump in case anyone who missed this and would like a link. I went crackers and picked up a ticket to Fat Whites, Baxter Dury and Jane Weaver for £20 on top of Supergrass and Dizzee yesterday. (Might even stick around for Sleaford Mods.)

49 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

(there's a new thread, so they might come back!) 

And Lost Village have just released their banquet menus.  Whilst I have no interest in banquets while I'm at a festival, it's good to hear them making noises. 

I might actually get to go to a festival this year! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

(there's a new thread, so they might come back!) 

And Lost Village have just released their banquet menus.  Whilst I have no interest in banquets while I'm at a festival, it's good to hear them making noises. 

I might actually get to go to a festival this year! 

its deliberately hidden at the depths of the forum 

7 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Ha! I thought the same myself on quite a few occasions.

Well, to be fair, I know Stu Malinas has been legitimately busy. I understand he was in charge of security at Wembley for the final of the Euros.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Well, to be fair, I know Stu Malinas has been legitimately busy. I understand he was in charge of security at Wembley for the final of the Euros.

Behave.  don't draw all that shite back into another thread, we've just got this place usable again!

Search on twitter "latitude covid" 

I don't think festivals are out the woods just yet 😔. If they want to stop spread I don't even think the answer is to only let double vaccinated people in...

Hoping these whole groups getting it are isolated incidents or exaggerations 

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't think festivals are out the woods just yet 😔. If they want to stop spread I don't even think the answer is to only let double vaccinated people in...

Twitter will be a snapshot of the worst …  Id like to see some way of a work around to prove negative tests belong to the person concerned … along with double jabbed … in the short term … the safest way is to prevent covid getting in … and some clear refund policies for those that test positive will help too 

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm not sure if searching for it like that is the best way forward 

31 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Why on earth would anyone do that?

You'll see exactly what you'd predict even before the festival happened - a few anecdotal accounts, some of which will likely be from bullshitters who didn't even go to the festival.

35 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Given that the majority of festival goers will have only had 1 (or no) jab this isn't surprising in the slightest. Doesn't mean festivals should be stopped. 

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Twitter will be a snapshot of the worst …  Id like to see some way of a work around to prove negative tests belong to the person concerned … along with double jabbed … in the short term … the safest way is to prevent covid getting in … and some clear refund policies for those that test positive will help too 

I think making everyone test would be the safest but they'll never do that 

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm not sure if searching for it like that is the best way forward 

Came up as a suggestion when I typed in latitude...