Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s difficult I guess … I’d still like to talk about it … but trying to avoid the toxicity that that thread became … wasn’t helpful in the end … would it be better to discuss in the other section of the forum ? I find myself asking questions to friends about some covid stuff that would be relevant to here 

I think in the discussion section of the forums would be better rather than the Glastonbury main page...although its difficult to escape it 100% as everything is so COVID related at the moment still.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Interestingly we've spent this afternoon, after our unfortunate medical related early exit from Latitude yesterday, planning/talking about/looking forward to the other gigs and festivals we've booked this summer. 

There's no signal at all on site there so I came away gutted yesterday and expecting to see 70k+ cases but its gone massively the other way. We now feel more confident about the next few weeks at least. It looks like festivals are actually back for now

We got the Thursday of festival atmosphere and the Friday of music though...and it felt every bit as good as expected to be back. Honestly it was the first escape from the covid world for 18 months. It was everything I wanted to see in the 18 months of the shit thread and finally have faith in it continuing. Had to see it to believe it 

So sorry to hear you had to leave early 😞 Hope you and your loved ones are okay. Glad you got to enjoy some of it at least.

56 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So sorry to hear you had to leave early 😞 Hope you and your loved ones are okay. Glad you got to enjoy some of it at least.

Thanks! It was an infected abscess that burst - more of a "get out of these unsanitary conditions" than "get to the emergency room" type situation. 

Was the best feeling to be back in that environment- like going home! 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks! It was an infected abscess that burst - more of a "get out of these unsanitary conditions" than "get to the emergency room" type situation. 

Was the best feeling to be back in that environment- like going home! 

Ah nasty! Sounds like you got the most out of the time you had anyway.

What a weekend at Latitude, it felt euphoric to be back doing one of my favourite things that I've missed so much. Credit to the organisers for putting together such an amazing event with so much on under the most difficult circumstances. It definitely felt odd being around people again but after a while it felt perfectly normal and everyone was very respectful of others wishes and it did feel relaxed too. I hope everyone going to other festivals over the summer has the best time, it's very very good to be back 😁

• Upvote 6

Not sure where else to put this, but for any of the Londoners on here, got sent links for cheap tickets to all the gigs at Crystal Palace bowl in August/September last night. Supergrass and Sleaford dates are now £20; Dizzee Rascal is £25. If anyone wants a link, please DM and I'll fire it across. Ta! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pinrut said:

Masses of positive tests among the festival goers after their return home.

I didn't attend the event.

Some rather interesting views and comments on the Buddhafield Community Noticeboard on FB  🙄

Hopefully it doesn’t spread to the community and the people involved have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine!

18 minutes ago, Pinrut said:

Masses of positive tests among the festival goers after their return home.

I didn't attend the event.

Some rather interesting views and comments on the Buddhafield Community Noticeboard on FB  🙄

Were there any mitigations in place like testing/vax checking on entry? 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Were there any mitigations in place like testing/vax checking on entry? 

No idea, I wasn't there but if there was proof of vaccination required for entry I suspect that everyone would have been turned away.......

Edit, From the FB page...

I wasn't at Buddafield. Caught covid from someone who was there. Just read the covid conscious page on the website and understand that even these lax rules were not adhered to. I love Buddafield but seriously the festival owes a duty of care to volunteers and guests. Irresponsible. Shameful. The faqs made me wonder if I was reading a page from 2019.

Edited by Pinrut

One thing that came out of Latitude is that with covid any festivals we go to you're sort of playing "festival lottery" as i put it on what bands will actually play. 

Fontaines, Arlo Parks, Alfie Templeman and Billie Marten were all on our must see list (had we stayed!) and all pulled out. Mixed bag of replacements - Sleaford mods replaced Fontaines, and I'm not a fan of them, Sports Team replaced Alfie Templeman which would've been a win for me, Self Esteem replaced Billie Marten and I'm not a fan there. Arlo no replacement but I would've got to see Working Mens Club so it would've taken care of a clash. 

It's good that it's all about the return of the experience this summer - I personally wouldn't get too attached to the idea of any particular artist this year with them all testing every couple of days. At least the numbers are going down so hopefully that calms down as time goes on

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One thing that came out of Latitude is that with covid any festivals we go to you're sort of playing "festival lottery" as i put it on what bands will actually play. 

Fontaines, Arlo Parks, Alfie Templeman and Billie Marten were all on our must see list (had we stayed!) and all pulled out. Mixed bag of replacements - Sleaford mods replaced Fontaines, and I'm not a fan of them, Sports Team replaced Alfie Templeman which would've been a win for me, Self Esteem replaced Billie Marten and I'm not a fan there. Arlo no replacement but I would've got to see Working Mens Club so it would've taken care of a clash. 

It's good that it's all about the return of the experience this summer - I personally wouldn't get too attached to the idea of any particular artist this year with them all testing every couple of days. At least the numbers are going down so hopefully that calms down as time goes on

Oh interesting, yeah I guess that's going to be the other side of it. Pullouts and cancellations with almost no notice.

Nightmare from an organisers perspective, hopefully some switched on agents are pitching a rapid cover service!

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

In all honesty I'm shocked they managed to get away with reactively few cancellations, I thought it was going to end up being an almost complete rescheduling after Thursday when there were 3 acts who went out in quick succession. I agree though as cases are now falling  quite quickly so it hopefully means far fewer acts are affected 

Edited by Chapple12345

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Oh interesting, yeah I guess that's going to be the other side of it. Pullouts and cancellations with almost no notice.

Nightmare from an organisers perspective, hopefully some switched on agents are pitching a rapid cover service!

Bar Arlo Parks, Latitude had replaced all the acts within 2 hours of them cancelling so I imagine they'll have a roster of backups for that very reason 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Bar Arlo Parks, Latitude had replaced all the acts within 2 hours of them cancelling so I imagine they'll have a roster of backups for that very reason 

Yeah I was impressed with that. Not sure smaller festivals will have that sort of reach though so hoping it just stops becoming a problem. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:42 AM, Radiochicken said:

I know their reliability is questioned, but it can’t be beyond the biggest brains in the land to find a way to make reporting a lateral flow test less easy to fake.

I went out on Saturday night just gone. It was literally like a normal night out before covid. And I'd 100% do that again than bother taking a LFT before hand.