Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Has there ever been a year where the regular influenza virus has hospitalised and killed as many people as Covid? Just bizarre that these comparisons are still being made. 

I don't think anyone suggested that.

Just musing about the fact that with fairly minimal public health interventions we've probably always been able to stop thousands of deaths from flu didn't. 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s a bit of a slippery slope if we were to have restrictions for controlling flu in the future, where does it all end? How risk adverse should we be?

2 hours ago, El Matador said:

Exactly this. We haven't considered putting restrictions in place for flu previously, no matter how bad the flu season has been. Provided we're not at risk of exceeding hospital bed capacity, there's no reason to start now. 

I agree with you both but I find it fascinating that it is a choice and not an inevitability.

Vaccines have made covid more manageable like flu, but I don't think it's unreasonable to look at better ventilation, mask wearing in certain places, or push that people should stay home if ill if helps reduce the spread of various respiratory viruses. Those are some restrictions that surely we could live with if helps saves lives.

31 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Infections appear to have peaked now too over last 4 days - here's hoping its finally under control.

We've passed the Euros peak, but I don't think we've seen the full effect of step 4 yet.

But it doesn't matter, because we're not allowed to talk about it anymore.

31 minutes ago, Simsy said:

We've passed the Euros peak, but I don't think we've seen the full effect of step 4 yet.

But it doesn't matter, because we're not allowed to talk about it anymore.

It’s difficult I guess … I’d still like to talk about it … but trying to avoid the toxicity that that thread became … wasn’t helpful in the end … would it be better to discuss in the other section of the forum ? I find myself asking questions to friends about some covid stuff that would be relevant to here 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we should be careful not to turn this into another shit thread … the forum has been noticeably more pleasant without that thread 🧵 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Fair enough! I'll keep my posts on here strictly on festivals 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Infections appear to have peaked now too over last 4 days - here's hoping its finally under control.

Interestingly we've spent this afternoon, after our unfortunate medical related early exit from Latitude yesterday, planning/talking about/looking forward to the other gigs and festivals we've booked this summer. 

There's no signal at all on site there so I came away gutted yesterday and expecting to see 70k+ cases but its gone massively the other way. We now feel more confident about the next few weeks at least. It looks like festivals are actually back for now

We got the Thursday of festival atmosphere and the Friday of music though...and it felt every bit as good as expected to be back. Honestly it was the first escape from the covid world for 18 months. It was everything I wanted to see in the 18 months of the shit thread and finally have faith in it continuing. Had to see it to believe it 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

Not looking good at Standon Calling

Unfortunately due to flooding we will no longer be able to proceed with the festival. 

If you can safely leave the site this evening please do so as soon as possible.  We are working on getting everyone off site as safely and quickly as possible. Please bear with us as we are experiencing considerable delays exiting the car parks.. Please do not attempt to drive if you are intoxicated.

If you are unable to leave site safely (for example if you are intoxicated, your lift cannot get to you or you can’t get to your public transport this evening) please head to the Campsite Office in the Village Green (or reception if you are in boutique or Lavish Lands) where we will be providing details on the provisions we will be making for you. In the meantime please stay as warm, hydrated and dry as possible. 

We will post the latest updates straight to the Campsite Office as well as on twitter and our web page.

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Unfortunately due to flooding we will no longer be able to proceed with the festival. 

If you can safely leave the site this evening please do so as soon as possible.  We are working on getting everyone off site as safely and quickly as possible. Please bear with us as we are experiencing considerable delays exiting the car parks.. Please do not attempt to drive if you are intoxicated.

If you are unable to leave site safely (for example if you are intoxicated, your lift cannot get to you or you can’t get to your public transport this evening) please head to the Campsite Office in the Village Green (or reception if you are in boutique or Lavish Lands) where we will be providing details on the provisions we will be making for you. In the meantime please stay as warm, hydrated and dry as possible. 

We will post the latest updates straight to the Campsite Office as well as on twitter and our web page.

Geez, that doesn't sound good at all. I wonder what they'll do for people that can't leave the site?

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Geez, that doesn't sound good at all. I wonder what they'll do for people that can't leave the site?

Fucking hell the Facebook and Instagram comments are interesting. "Can we come back for our tents" "we'll update you in the morning" 

I can't even imagine to be honest 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Fucking hell the Facebook and Instagram comments are interesting. "Can we come back for our tents" "we'll update you in the morning" 

I can't even imagine to be honest 

That sounds horrible, is it really that bad that they can't go back for tents? I suppose it would be carnage if everyone did that.

56 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Interestingly we've spent this afternoon, after our unfortunate medical related early exit from Latitude yesterday, planning/talking about/looking forward to the other gigs and festivals we've booked this summer. 

There's no signal at all on site there so I came away gutted yesterday and expecting to see 70k+ cases but its gone massively the other way. We now feel more confident about the next few weeks at least. It looks like festivals are actually back for now

We got the Thursday of festival atmosphere and the Friday of music though...and it felt every bit as good as expected to be back. Honestly it was the first escape from the covid world for 18 months. It was everything I wanted to see in the 18 months of the shit thread and finally have faith in it continuing. Had to see it to believe it 

Fingers crossed. Case numbers going down 5 days in a row is a massive boost.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Oh wow - one of my mates is there with his wife.... 😕