Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

Guys what are we going to do about Ireland, help me here, I need a bunch of folk from here to come over to Ireland with me and overthrow our government, they seem to be stopping all our festivals and gigs and they need to be put into the ground, help me here.

Errr a bunch of mostly British people heading across the Irish sea to overthrow the Irish government probably isn't going to go down too well.... That's just a guess though.

13 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

Guys what are we going to do about Ireland, help me here, I need a bunch of folk from here to come over to Ireland with me and overthrow our government, they seem to be stopping all our festivals and gigs and they need to be put into the ground, help me here.

I’ve got a stag do today and Bloodstock Festival in a fortnight but am free in the days in between (as long as it’s not tomorrow as I’ll be hungover)

2 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

If this is true, looks like Glasto is going to be an all vax’d affair 👀

7895A5F0-1E4B-4401-8782-DAF200A265E1.jpeg

can't read the article but the Premier League headline?

They were always going to go above and beyond government guidelines to ensure full stadiums at all times due to the £££ involved. Outdoor summer festival next year is a different animal, I wouldn't put too much weight in it. 

29 minutes ago, august1 said:

can't read the article but the Premier League headline?

They were always going to go above and beyond government guidelines to ensure full stadiums at all times due to the £££ involved. Outdoor summer festival next year is a different animal, I wouldn't put too much weight in it. 

suggestions in the article that this will be government regulation. Latitude currently requiring covid pass for guests, I can see Glastonbury requiring double vaccination, especially being the first event coming out of an expected bad winter.

Wonder if that means the healing fields will be less busy! How many who are against vaccines would still be if it means they can't go?

Screenshot_20210725-010834.thumb.png.5f9d040c81905bbc2a26b5fec1c121fb.png

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

suggestions in the article that this will be government regulation. Latitude currently requiring covid pass for guests, I can see Glastonbury requiring double vaccination, especially being the first event coming out of an expected bad winter.

Wonder if that means the healing fields will be less busy! How many who are against vaccines would still be if it means they can't go?

Good news for me and my lack of ticket/whacky pro-vaccine viewpoint.

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I wonder if this would make it easier in the resale? 🤞

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd expect you'll have needed a booster by then too.

I think I'll try in the October sale, but even after having my 2/3/4/whatever vaccines I will never use vaccine proof to get in somewhere, so if it looks like that's where we're heading I'll give it up ahead of the resale.

I just don't believe that vaccine proof is good enough and makes no sense at all - even the health secretary caught it after two vaccines so it seems illogical and the only conclusion can be that it's about ensuring compliance. If it involved a testing regime like the one above, where you prove the negative test via a picture or whatever that sounds much more logical to actually stop the virus spreading.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think I'll try in the October sale, but even after having my 2/3/4/whatever vaccines I will never use vaccine proof to get in somewhere, so if it looks like that's where we're heading I'll give it up ahead of the resale.

I just don't believe that vaccine proof is good enough and makes no sense at all - even the health secretary caught it after two vaccines so it seems illogical and the only conclusion can be that it's about ensuring compliance. If it involved a testing regime like the one above, where you prove the negative test via a picture or whatever that sounds much more logical to actually stop the virus spreading.

I’d doubt there will be any October sale … think we will go straight to resale because of limited returns at that stage …. People won’t have paid their balance so it will remain very close to being sold out 

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So you’ll no go to football, gigs or whatever again? Quite the stand considering you’ll have it.

And the point is when you have had your vaccinations you’ll suffer less from it, so it’s not about not getting it it’ll be those that show they’ve had their vaccinations and attend bigger events will have less affect on the NHS! This that haven’t will have more affect on the NHS, it’s literally as simple as that

31 minutes ago, sisco said:

So you’ll no go to football, gigs or whatever again? Quite the stand considering you’ll have it.

And the point is when you have had your vaccinations you’ll suffer less from it, so it’s not about not getting it it’ll be those that show they’ve had their vaccinations and attend bigger events will have less affect on the NHS! This that haven’t will have more affect on the NHS, it’s literally as simple as that

Fair enough- but those things are clearly no longer for me, and that's fine.  I could still have it and pass it onto someone vulnerable who would burden the NHS after the gig or whatever else, so maybe these events just shouldn't be happening come winter?

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Fair enough- but those things are clearly no longer for me, and that's fine.  I could still have it and pass it onto someone vulnerable who would burden the NHS after the gig or whatever else, so maybe these events just shouldn't be happening come winter?

But why wouldn't this vulnerable recipient have had both jabs as well?

12 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

If this is true, looks like Glasto is going to be an all vax’d affair 👀

7895A5F0-1E4B-4401-8782-DAF200A265E1.jpeg

This premier league thing should be the case from August when it starts. Literally what is the point is fans being able to go but then making the restrictions tougher? That's just a backwards way of doing it.

Lift the restrictions should align with double vaccine. It is that simple. Yes some people haven't had that but that doesn't mean they won't be able to attend when their time comes.

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This premier league thing should be the case from August when it starts. Literally what is the point is fans being able to go but then making the restrictions tougher? That's just a backwards way of doing it.

Lift the restrictions should align with double vaccine. It is that simple. Yes some people haven't had that but that doesn't mean they won't be able to attend when their time comes.

I know their reliability is questioned, but it can’t be beyond the biggest brains in the land to find a way to make reporting a lateral flow test less easy to fake.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Had a fascinating discussion the other day that as R for flu is a little over 1 we've always had the ability to stop a "bad winter with 20,000 excess deaths" by putting some restrictions in. Imagine if each January large events just didn't happen for 3 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Had a fascinating discussion the other day that as R for flu is a little over 1 we've always had the ability to stop a "bad winter with 20,000 excess deaths" by putting some restrictions in. Imagine if each January large events just didn't happen for 3 weeks. 

Or the 50 000 excess deaths (mostly influenza) in 2017 after which...literally nothing  happened!

Ben

17 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd imagine people travelling to work in public transport and busy shops for Christmas shopping would be a bigger factor.  Telling people to work from home if possible in winter sounds doable. Can't imagine retail would be willing to give up their busiest time of year every year though. 

18 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s a bit of a slippery slope if we were to have restrictions for controlling flu in the future, where does it all end? How risk adverse should we be?

Exactly this. We haven't considered putting restrictions in place for flu previously, no matter how bad the flu season has been. Provided we're not at risk of exceeding hospital bed capacity, there's no reason to start now. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Has there ever been a year where the regular influenza virus has hospitalised and killed as many people as Covid? Just bizarre that these comparisons are still being made. 

I'm not sure that they are Kali. I don't think it's too way off to compare influenza and post-vaccination/pandemic SARS-CoV-2. It's likely that vaccination and natural immunity over the next few years will render CV at the same kind of threat level as influenza or less - don't forget we already 'live with' quite a number of existing coronaviruses, which would have been much more virulent and dangerous when they too were 'novel'.

Ben

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Has there ever been a year where the regular influenza virus has hospitalised and killed as many people as Covid? Just bizarre that these comparisons are still being made. 

I’m pretty sure not. But what’s worse, 129,000 in 18 months or a much higher figure than that over considerably longer? You could argue either way I’d say.