Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It does … we will never know the things /thing that made them pull the plug … 

I hold out hope for a normal Pilton Party sized event.

Hate myself for falling down a rabbit hole but the wording used "We've decided not to go ahead with the September gig idea..." certainly opens the door for Pilton Party.

License already approved
Smaller capacity
Aimed at locals
etc.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Victorious Festival sent out their guidance for entry so it’s looking good now!

Except it's not guidance it's mandatory vaccine passport, jabbed or test,

"Like many other events happening this Summer, we ask all ticket-holders aged 18 and over to demonstrate their COVID-19 status upon entering the festival by supplying one of the following:

• Proof of full vaccination– both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the festival) or
  • Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test– taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the festival or
  • Proof of natural immunity– based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result)."

it remains to be seen how much this delays entry and how strictly they adhere to these rules. 

30 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

"Like many other events happening this Summer, we ask all ticket-holders aged 18 and over to demonstrate their COVID-19 status upon entering the festival by supplying one of the following:

• Proof of full vaccination– both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the festival) or
  • Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test– taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the festival or
  • Proof of natural immunity– based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result)."

it remains to be seen how much this delays entry and how strictly they adhere to these rules. 

If people have their proof of vaccination and/or negative test ready then I see no reason for delays. It’s the idiots refusing to comply and kicking up a fuss over a simple request that will hold things up. And I imagine they’re gonna adhere to the rules pretty strictly. 

34 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Mental the amount of people kicking off in the comments about this. They're not asking for mandatory vaccination ffs, one Karen even calling it medical apartheid. Hope these people don't bother frankly, world is better off without them anyway. 

Most festivals ask for mandatory proof of age. Given the current circumstances I really don't understand what the issue is. Don't want to do it? Then don't go. 

Clubs already often scan ID and have search requirements, if you don't agree with those you don't get in. 

I'm volunteering at wilderness so I'm really hoping that there's a side queue to send those people down that don't have their app ready. So the rest is sped up.

17 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Mental the amount of people kicking off in the comments about this. They're not asking for mandatory vaccination ffs, one Karen even calling it medical apartheid. Hope these people don't bother frankly, world is better off without them anyway. 

My local venue is asking for one of the three options for their events starting from tomorrow, as you said you'd think they'd just said they were sentencing their families to death the way some people were reacting in the comments. It's the safest way to get gigs running again and avoiding the venues from having to shut for periods if there were outbreaks related to the venues. I bet you these are the people who would moan first if events had to be cancelled and restrictions toughened 

Had both my jabs and have zero objection to taking a test prior to going (took one ahead of last night's gig) and sharing the result as required, but there's something about the vaccine passport thing I have deep misgivings about. And I know I'm going to have to make a decision about it come October.

Having said that, the people likening it to apartheid or Nazi Germany can get right in the fucking sea.

• Upvote 1

This is mental

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=374985890653288&id=100044256408248

London Freqs crew. I just did a rapid test with a couple of photos to demonstrate how we’re running things on the door on Friday night & how easy this is, it’s very simple. 1. Take a photo / selfie of yourself with your unused rapid test showing the code & number. (See photo 1 below) 2. Take the test & wait 30 minutes. 3. Take another photo of yourself with the completed test showing the code & number. (See photo 2 below) 4. Bring photos (dated on your phone) & the negative test result with you & you’re in. This takes seconds & couldn’t be easier. This system doesn’t need any NHS or track & trace apps. No data is stored & it’s totally private & between us. If you’re feeling sick or have any Covid symptoms whatsoever please do not even think of coming. We will also be doing temperature checks on the door & have plenty of rapid tests at the venue should anyone not be able to grab rapid tests. 

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Had both my jabs and have zero objection to taking a test prior to going (took one ahead of last night's gig) and sharing the result as required, but there's something about the vaccine passport thing I have deep misgivings about. And I know I'm going to have to make a decision about it come October.

Having said that, the people likening it to apartheid or Nazi Germany can get right in the fucking sea.

Yeh the vaccine passport doesn't sit 100% right with me, bit on the fence atm, but in cases where providing a testing / natural immunity alternative there's no excuse.

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

This is mental

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=374985890653288&id=100044256408248

London Freqs crew. I just did a rapid test with a couple of photos to demonstrate how we’re running things on the door on Friday night & how easy this is, it’s very simple. 1. Take a photo / selfie of yourself with your unused rapid test showing the code & number. (See photo 1 below) 2. Take the test & wait 30 minutes. 3. Take another photo of yourself with the completed test showing the code & number. (See photo 2 below) 4. Bring photos (dated on your phone) & the negative test result with you & you’re in. This takes seconds & couldn’t be easier. This system doesn’t need any NHS or track & trace apps. No data is stored & it’s totally private & between us. If you’re feeling sick or have any Covid symptoms whatsoever please do not even think of coming. We will also be doing temperature checks on the door & have plenty of rapid tests at the venue should anyone not be able to grab rapid tests. 

That's the latitude testing routine for Oxfam volunteers. I think places that actually want to check it will do something like this. 

Although how they'll check on the door I've no idea.

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Unfortunately I think this may just be how its going to be for a little while, hopefully festivals will have sense to book some back ups too just in case 

Or bands have some backups ready to jump in (although if you're lead singer goes down that becomes a bit harder)

3 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

Exactly the same on the Beautiful Days facebook comments (multiple people). Mental.  

30 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Exactly the same on the Beautiful Days facebook comments (multiple people). Mental.  

You should check out some of the psytrance community comments!   Mind you, these people think you can heal the world with fucking crystals. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

You should check out some of the psytrance community comments!   Mind you, these people think you can heal the world with fucking crystals. 

Oi oi oi! No having a pop at psytrance!!!*

Ben

*yes, many of those that love it are a little bit mental

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi oi oi! No having a pop at psytrance!!!*

Ben

*yes, many of those that love it are a little bit mental

Love a bit of psy but it’s er… an eclectic community! 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, stuie said:

Love a bit of psy but it’s er… an eclectic community! 

It's only the miracle of consumer capitalism that means they're not lying in their own shit, dying at 43 with rotten teeth.

Edited by Homer