Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Richard Ashcroft pulled out of Tramlines as it’s a Government test event

If Victorious does the same I think he'll pull out of that too.

I actually don't blame him though, he's fully entitled to not play under those circumstances and as I said a while back. You start accepting too many testing events and it'll become the normal.

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

Richard Ashcroft pulled out of Tramlines as it’s a Government test event

Realistically come winter he won't be allowed to do any of his own gigs without asking for covid certification, nothing yet been said about insurance for those sorts of events in terms of protecting them from liability around outbreaks but I can't see them getting any without an attempt to be "covid secure". I assume his issue is with the vaccination proof side of things which I get but as long as the test option is there then there's no problem 

Edited by efcfanwirral

56 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

If Standon Calling manages to go ahead without being a test event, I’m not sure why any later festivals would bother participating? After what’s been said this weekend there’s no way Javid is rolling things back within 2 months of 19 July.

It gives the festival the guarantee I suppose rather waiting for gov announcements and insurance policies. 

4 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

It would be incredibly easy to have to scan the whole of the lateral flow thingy, confirm the qr code and confirm the line is in the correct place.

Could always just get the negative friend to take the test for you, but it’s another line of defence. I guess people will always lie 

Scanning the code is a lot easier then building an AI that's capable of recognising the lines in the myriad of light settings people will be submitting. Or have manual verification of the photos.

Possible but at the scale these tests are operating expensive and tbh not worth it for the few dickheads that'd test positive and still go.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Scanning the code is a lot easier then building an AI that's capable of recognising the lines in the myriad of light settings people will be submitting. Or have manual verification of the photos.

Possible but at the scale these tests are operating expensive and tbh not worth it for the few dickheads that'd test positive and still go.

If they made people send photos of their tests I'm sure they could pay serco  £1000per hour (with just under minimum wage going to the employees of course) to get a few in to to spot check some tests and hand out some large fines

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

Have we all given up any hope now? 

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

Yep I'm with you - making me resent the football to be honest, I'm not particularly happy for them out of bitterness around the long term effects on the music industry 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Hope of what? I can't see why anyone would have given up hope of festivals going ahead, it looks more positive right now than it has done in a while. There's at least two - Latitude and Standon Calling - that have already started their builds and open their gates in a fortnight - Standon in particular will be the first non-distanced, non-ERP camping festival to take place in nearly 2 years and so if they're ok to proceed then other events should be as well.

Yes, obviously the needless and futile delay from June 21st was a kick in the balls and caused more unnecessary cancellations, but past July 19th there's still several festivals scheduled to go ahead - there's a couple dozen of them listed on the previous pages. Personally, I've got 5 booked in albeit a couple of them are ones that I wouldn't consider in a normal year.

• Upvote 1

Shambala announced their music line-up for Camp Kin on Friday and it has really ramped up the excitement for me even though I don't know any of the acts on my weekend! The thought of dancing in a field with friends once more is enough.

I did just that on Friday for a little socially distanced village gig with a band and a DJ. Was absolutely cathartic to be dancing again! We need this.

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm also now massively looking forward to Hot Chip and New Order in September. Going to be emotional!

What an amazing day that'll be! Not ashamed to say it but I think I might shed a few tears of joy when I finally get to Latitude in a couple of weeks, it'll feel a proper moment to celebrate