Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

So many great festivals going ahead lile Tramlines, Kendal Calling, Y Not.... oh wait... the exact guidance they needed announced when it's too late 

Tramlines is going ahead ain't it?

But yeah it's shite 

14 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Tramlines is going ahead ain't it?

But yeah it's shite 

Poo I meant Truck! So many have cancelled now I've lost track of what's still going ahead! Agreed though my thoughts are with all those effected by the cancellations but at least this means we should be able to have a season in 2022

20 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Poo I meant Truck! So many have cancelled now I've lost track of what's still going ahead! Agreed though my thoughts are with all those effected by the cancellations but at least this means we should be able to have a season in 2022

Going ahead: Latitude, Standon Calling, Camp Bestival, Wilderness, Boardmasters, BDs, R+L, Creamfields, Lost Village, Big Feastival, EOTR.

Plus IOW and NASS on rearranged dates, and mini versions of Shambala and Boomtown. Probably a few others I've missed as well - but there's enough there that while it's nowhere near a proper summer, everyone should still be able to find something to interest them.

If the rumours about todays announcement are true, then I'd expect all of those to make it. It'd feel odd to hold out this long and then cancel when you get an effective "all clear".

Green Man is technically still on at the moment, but are in Wales under different rules and it sounds like they're about to cancel.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Going ahead: Latitude, Standon Calling, Camp Bestival, Wilderness, Boardmasters, BDs, R+L, Creamfields, Lost Village, Big Feastival, EOTR.

Plus IOW and NASS on rearranged dates, and mini versions of Shambala and Boomtown. Probably a few others I've missed as well - but there's enough there that while it's nowhere near a proper summer, everyone should still be able to find something to interest them.

If the rumours about todays announcement are true, then I'd expect all of those to make it. It'd feel odd to hold out this long and then cancel when you get an effective "all clear".

Green Man is technically still on at the moment, but are in Wales under different rules and it sounds like they're about to cancel.

It's going to be interesting to see what Drakeford does, if he's too harsh on restrictions while England opens up he'll get crucified.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Also, Watchet, Farmer Phil's  and Equinox still listed and looking good now, will believe it all when I see it but things seem to be going the right way.

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Also, Watchet, Farmer Phil's  and Equinox still listed and looking good now, will believe it all when I see it but things seem to be going the right way.

Yeah, knew I'd miss a few.

Also, Lakefest, We Out Here, Carfest, and if someone gets really fucking desperate, Rewind.

35 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Question… is insurance not still an issue? Insuring against a re-imposition of restrictions? Its not likely but you’d want to be insured for it

Exactly this, even if Bowjob announces a lifting of restrictions today the essential problem remains; can they get any insurance in case of a sudden reimposition of restrictions?

22 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Exactly this, even if Bowjob announces a lifting of restrictions today the essential problem remains; can they get any insurance in case of a sudden reimposition of restrictions?

Dowden said last week that they will look at what the insurance industry does AFTER 19th July before looking into any government backed insurance. So no help at all from government and still the same doubts over restrictions bei9ng put back in especially as large gatherings will be first to go if that happens.

15 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

If I was a festival I'd ensure testing before entering is mandated.

It's up to them to make the call, but it definitely helps them escape the incoming blame if infections sky rocket.

Plus it'll probably ease a lot of minds 

Makes total sense but has a couple of potential problems.

Will the government make tests free for such things? If not then where is the cost met, does the festival take it on or do the punters have to pay?

I think it should happen but sooner or later LFT's will cease to be free to all and I am sure most cannot afford loads of PCR tests to go places.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Makes total sense but has a couple of potential problems.

Will the government make tests free for such things? If not then where is the cost met, does the festival take it on or do the punters have to pay?

I think it should happen but sooner or later LFT's will cease to be free to all and I am sure most cannot afford loads of PCR tests to go places.

Not to mention logistically tens of thousands getting PCRs every week to get into events isn't possible, especially alongside the likely hundreds of thousands needing tests. 

21 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

If I was a festival I'd ensure testing before entering is mandated.

It's up to them to make the call, but it definitely helps them escape the incoming blame if infections sky rocket.

Plus it'll probably ease a lot of minds 

On this that's possibly one positive about festivals being forced to cancel (if there are any) - once the blame game starts, and I doubt it'll take long, they can't be blamed because they won't have been happening. 

"Personal responsibility" vs the "freedom day" celebrations we'd expect to see are not two things that go together. If anyone is to be blamed it'll be the public in general 

I’m going to Goodwood festival of speed Friday, so I did a trial run of getting my ‘events pass’.

As I’m not fully vaccinated I need to present a negative lateral flow test. Easy stuff. Did the test and went to upload the results, expecting i’d need to take a photo of it… nope.

You self certify to test results! Absolutely bonkers, what are the chances that people are going to:

1- do the test correctly, on themselves

2- not lie about it because all their mates are negative 

6 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I’m going to Goodwood festival of speed Friday, so I did a trial run of getting my ‘events pass’.

As I’m not fully vaccinated I need to present a negative lateral flow test. Easy stuff. Did the test and went to upload the results, expecting i’d need to take a photo of it… nope.

You self certify to test results! Absolutely bonkers, what are the chances that people are going to:

I think a lot of that has been going on for the England games at Wembley this summer.

14 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Yep, this seems to be a massive hole in most places’ supposed requirement for a negative test. Like Latitude. I’d hope most people wouldn’t be awful enough to go knowing that they are positive, but there’ll be a few.

16 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

The incentives just aren’t there. I’ve got a vaccine certificate, and even though it would be a good thing for me have a test as well beforehand, there’s no reason to do so.

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think a lot of that has been going on for the England games at Wembley this summer.

I’ve been there 3 times in the last few months, and I don’t think my test result/qr code was properly looked at once.

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

The incentives just aren’t there. I’ve got a vaccine certificate, and even though it would be a good thing for me have a test as well beforehand, there’s no reason to do so.

I’ve been there 3 times in the last few months, and I don’t think my test result/qr code was properly looked at once.

I've been to two England games (Czech Rep & Germany) and they just had a quick look each time.

1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

The system has always had an element of trust in it there isn't really any other way to do it effectively. 

Sure some people might lie about it but those numbers would probably be far smaller than those who do test positive and don't go.

1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

I'm currently having to isolate due to being pinged on the app. So I thought I'd get an isolation certificate for my employers. Don't think they are asking for one, but figured it wouldn't hurt. Thought it might be linked to the app, or my booking a test, but nope. You just fill in a form and get a note that pretty much just says 'philipsteak has to isolate. Honest guv.'

So if anyone wants a week off...

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I'm currently having to isolate due to being pinged on the app. So I thought I'd get an isolation certificate for my employers. Don't think they are asking for one, but figured it wouldn't hurt. Thought it might be linked to the app, or my booking a test, but nope. You just fill in a form and get a note that pretty much just says 'philipsteak has to isolate. Honest guv.'

So if anyone wants a week off...

I'm actually trying to get some time off so I can go to Latitude, so this could be good...

Others suggested it would be safer to just call in sick, but I disagree

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm actually trying to get some time off so I can go to Latitude, so this could be good...

Others suggested it would be safer to just call in sick, but I disagree

It's ridiculous how easy it is. The equivalent of writing a note from your mum to get out of PE. But signing it 'mum'

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

The system has always had an element of trust in it there isn't really any other way to do it effectively. 

Sure some people might lie about it but those numbers would probably be far smaller than those who do test positive and don't go.

It would be incredibly easy to have to scan the whole of the lateral flow thingy, confirm the qr code and confirm the line is in the correct place.

Could always just get the negative friend to take the test for you, but it’s another line of defence. I guess people will always lie