Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

50 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Agreed. The cronyism, nepotism and blatant corruption is reminiscent of Italian politics of the 90's and 00's.

It’s bizarre isn’t it? I don’t know how they get away with it. It’s so blatant. And zero accountability. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, chuckles07 said:

Am going to Latitude as an Oxfam volunteer, just got in today as was meant to be doing Womad so got preferential access to the extra volunteering slots Oxfam nabbed. I know quite a few on here are going as punters, anyone going with Oxfam? 

Me. Did it last time and it was fine, but didn't love it. Hadn't planned to do it again (apart from anything else, its so far away from me) but when I didn't get a place at the Download pilot I figured it was my best chance of a festival this year so signed up. 

18 hours ago, Skelts said:

It’s bizarre isn’t it? I don’t know how they get away with it. It’s so blatant. And zero accountability. 

The government and the media both act on the behest of the billionaire class, and the public sector has been systematically dismantled. Any and all accountability and opposition has been washed away or brought under the boot.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Me. Did it last time and it was fine, but didn't love it. Hadn't planned to do it again (apart from anything else, its so far away from me) but when I didn't get a place at the Download pilot I figured it was my best chance of a festival this year so signed up. 

Yup me too. Did in 18 & 19 and was not that bothered but need to do at least one festival this year. See you in a Suffolk field at some point. 

Green Gathering in Chepstow CANCELLED.  Not a surprise, given that Drakeford currently intends to keep these nonsense restrictions going for the rest of this year!

Dear Green Gatherers,

Having tried so, so hard to create a brilliant and safe festival for us all this year, we now have to tell you, with huge sadness, that The Green Gathering will have to be postponed until 2022.

We believed a small festival, spread out across wide green meadows under open skies, like ours, could happen safely. Listening to our community, we know everyone wants to come together so much and we worked alongside the local council and covid consultants to plan a gorgeous, safe Gathering. 

With Covid-19 still a long way from being under control, and the increased rate of transmission of the new Delta variant, the Welsh Government issued guidance on July 1st which means our festival would be operating under such tight restrictions it would be unrecognisable and, honestly, impossible.

1 hour ago, music fan said:

Green Gathering in Chepstow CANCELLED.  Not a surprise, given that Drakeford currently intends to keep these nonsense restrictions going for the rest of this year!

Dear Green Gatherers,

Having tried so, so hard to create a brilliant and safe festival for us all this year, we now have to tell you, with huge sadness, that The Green Gathering will have to be postponed until 2022.

We believed a small festival, spread out across wide green meadows under open skies, like ours, could happen safely. Listening to our community, we know everyone wants to come together so much and we worked alongside the local council and covid consultants to plan a gorgeous, safe Gathering. 

With Covid-19 still a long way from being under control, and the increased rate of transmission of the new Delta variant, the Welsh Government issued guidance on July 1st which means our festival would be operating under such tight restrictions it would be unrecognisable and, honestly, impossible.

Honestly it won't just be Wales. Get yourself to Latitude or reading/Leeds if you fancy a camping festival 

• Like 1

Just now, steviewevie said:

I mean, if social distancing rules being relaxed...then that means festivals and house parties are allowed..as well as full pubs etc.

Just can't see any link in the Sunday Timesto what that account refers to.

Yeah, I'm really annoyed on behalf of fests that have cancelled in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping there's some 'reverse' button a couple of them might be able to press to make it happen, but I guess things like site builds and supply chains are so complex that there's no way back once you've cancelled.

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I'm really annoyed on behalf of fests that have cancelled in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping there's some 'reverse' button a couple of them might be able to press to make it happen, but I guess things like site builds and supply chains are so complex that there's no way back once you've cancelled.

I'd hope so too but sadly don't think it's plausible with all the logistics, my heart breaks for all of them though but it gives good confidence for the 2022 festival season which will surely be the party of the century. I imagine we'll see plenty of last minute pop up events/gigs announced over the coming weeks though 

Edited by Chapple12345

Was chatting to a girl yesterday who was working for WOMAD and was workin for Glasto. She had a pretty level headed approach to the situation, but yeah her position was that it's going to be almost impossible for most festivals to go ahead this year unless they are a 'test event'.

Restrictions aside, it's impossible to get the people in who build the sites at this late stage and within the industry it sounds like there is still a lot of unclarity about how things look next year. The test events like 'Latitude' do sound like they've been hand picked through back handers - which is harsh.

Looking forward to next year and heart goes out to anyone in the industry.

3 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

Was chatting to a girl yesterday who was working for WOMAD and was workin for Glasto. She had a pretty level headed approach to the situation, but yeah her position was that it's going to be almost impossible for most festivals to go ahead this year unless they are a 'test event'.

Restrictions aside, it's impossible to get the people in who build the sites at this late stage and within the industry it sounds like there is still a lot of unclarity about how things look next year. The test events like 'Latitude' do sound like they've been hand picked through back handers - which is harsh.

Looking forward to next year and heart goes out to anyone in the industry.

But wouldn't major festivals such as R&L & Creamfields go on with ease?

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

But wouldn't major festivals such as R&L & Creamfields go on with ease?

The main toilet contractor who does all 3 of those normally(A1 Group), are not able to do Creamfields this year due to lack of staff and infrastructure.

There will be a lot more similar issues across the industry, especially on busy weekends such as the BH and where multiple festivals have moved from earlier in the year.  

11 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

The main toilet contractor who does all 3 of those normally(A1 Group), are not able to do Creamfields this year due to lack of staff and infrastructure.

There will be a lot more similar issues across the industry, especially on busy weekends such as the BH and where multiple festivals have moved from earlier in the year.  

Well this will be fun 😂😂

I'm still hopeful both go ahead