Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, Copperface said:

"The truth is there are a number of ministers and MPs coming to the event... as members of the general public, so they know exactly what it is."

Latitude festival-goers 'can jump, dance and hug in safety'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57678190

Fuck him - as if he pretended to give a shit about the rest of the industry. Talking up MPs going does not help anything. I'm going there for my own wellbeing but I feel pretty dirty about it. 

That said looking at the numbers maybe his big posh party won't be allowed to go ahead...

34 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Fuck him - as if he pretended to give a shit about the rest of the industry. Talking up MPs going does not help anything. I'm going there for my own wellbeing but I feel pretty dirty about it. 

That said looking at the numbers maybe his big posh party won't be allowed to go ahead...

Ha, quite. It's obviously great that Latitude is going ahead for lots of reasons, and I truly hope everyone going has an amazing time, but it's hard to escape the feeling that Festival Republic worked extremely hard to ensure that their festivals could go ahead as planned so they could get back to making money, whilst all other organisers are looking at another year of zero revenue. 

At the end of the day, that's just good business from Festival Republic/Live Nation's perspective, but it makes Melvin's positioning of himself as being an advocate for the wider industry pretty hard to swallow. 

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I was going to Womad as a shop volunteer; I asked but there's no shop places left at Latitude. 😞

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully get something this summer …….

11 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully get something this summer …….

I won't be doing anything with Oxfam unless I do Worthy Pastures.

I've still got tickets for Landed, Green Man/Beautiful Days (same weekend but hopeful one will go ahead) and End of the Road, so keeping fingers crossed for those.

Next Oxfam one is likely to be Bearded Theory.

22 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I won't be doing anything with Oxfam unless I do Worthy Pastures.

I've still got tickets for Landed, Green Man/Beautiful Days (same weekend but hopeful one will go ahead) and End of the Road, so keeping fingers crossed for those.

Next Oxfam one is likely to be Bearded Theory.

Green man/ BD 🤞🏻  Both great festivals. 

14 hours ago, Copperface said:

"The truth is there are a number of ministers and MPs coming to the event... as members of the general public, so they know exactly what it is."

Latitude festival-goers 'can jump, dance and hug in safety'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57678190

We'll that has made me feel all mucky☹

Always loved Latitude & not really looked into it's owners politics before (my bad!)  But bloody hell who wants to be enjoying themselves thinking there are dirty Tory MPs dancing nearby!

I'm truly grateful that I get to go to a festival this year but as @efcfanwirral says not at the expense of other smaller, less well connected festivals.

I will try & balance out my guilt by supporting local, independents & more grassroots entertainment.  That & obviously doing all I can to get the filthy Tories out.

7 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

We'll that has made me feel all mucky☹

Always loved Latitude & not really looked into it's owners politics before (my bad!)  But bloody hell who wants to be enjoying themselves thinking there are dirty Tory MPs dancing nearby!

I'm truly grateful that I get to go to a festival this year but as @efcfanwirral says not at the expense of other smaller, less well connected festivals.

I will try & balance out my guilt by supporting local, independents & more grassroots entertainment.  That & obviously doing all I can to get the filthy Tories out.

It's an augmented version of those pictures Cameron with fag in mouth in the crowd at Wilderness a few years ago. Never have I felt less like attending a festival!

You'll have a brilliant time.

Ben 

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's an augmented version of those pictures Cameron with fag in mouth in the crowd at Wilderness a few years ago. Never have I felt less like attending a festival!

You'll have a brilliant time.

Ben 

Very tempted to emblazon all my festival attire with FUCK THE TORIES so I don't accidentally get into any of their press shots 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Very tempted to emblazon all my festival attire with FUCK THE TORIES so I don't accidentally get into any of their press shots 😉

Just before Jeremy Corbyn was due to appear in the Leftfield tent, there was a guy in there wearing an "I love Thatcher" (or something like that) t-shirt.  When I asked him about it, he said he was left wing but he had lost a bet and had to wear it all day without covering it up.  He was quite nervous!

39 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just before Jeremy Corbyn was due to appear in the Leftfield tent, there was a guy in there wearing an "I love Thatcher" (or something like that) t-shirt.  When I asked him about it, he said he was left wing but he had lost a bet and had to wear it all day without covering it up.  He was quite nervous!

I mean, I understand honouring a bet and all..

But surely you'd go out of your way to not be exactly there, exactly then.

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Sleafords 'Still Hate Thatcher' T is the one to get I think. These days though, Thatcher policies seem positively mild by comparison...

Yeah it's incredible isn't it? At least she seemed to genuinely believe in her policies rather than blatantly lying, cheating and saying whatever they think will benefit themselves and their cronies the most.  

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah it's incredible isn't it? At least she seemed to genuinely believe in her policies rather than blatantly lying, cheating and saying whatever they think will benefit themselves and their cronies the most.  

As bad as she was, she had nothing on this batch of lunatics.

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I never thought I'd dislike another bunch more than her bunch, and then each lot was like "hold my beer".

Agreed. The cronyism, nepotism and blatant corruption is reminiscent of Italian politics of the 90's and 00's.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

And yet they still get votes.  I genuinely can't believe it.

Many reasons for that, but they play well into many peoples predudices of the left as a bunch of commie, identity polictics obsessed tree huggers, and its working.