Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Is there a website to have a browse or has anyone got a list of which festivals are actually left standing at this point?

Would be good to see whats actually still a possibility.....

For the most part of set my eyes on next summer.

Efestivals.co.U.K. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Is there a website to have a browse or has anyone got a list of which festivals are actually left standing at this point?

Would be good to see whats actually still a possibility.....

For the most part of set my eyes on next summer.

You're on it mate. The front page is regularly updated with ones are off/moved to next year and which ones are still on .

Just now, Losing my hair said:

Call be cynical (you won't be the first) but:

Wimbledon, F1, Football - on TV = makes us look good = popular.

Music festival - no mass media coverage = couldn't give a shit!

Don't think it's cynical, it's the clear reality. It's all about optics at this point.

Latitude and tramlines happening is probably going to help save 2022, though if the criteria of it being a success is cases then there'll be a LOT about so hopefully it continues to be unscientific.

They'll need a whole range of research events for indoor ones in the winter I imagine, though there is a question of ethics there as doing it at a time of high prevalence would mean there's not much room for error.

Edited by efcfanwirral

48 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

plus Goodwood Festival of Speed, some TV coverage and Earl of March who's a big Tory. 

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I think that’s more a statement of fact than you just being cynical.

Maybe if Glastonbury was due to take place in August it may be different as that would have gone ahead for the same reasons you have listed for the football, Wimbledon,etc.

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

IF?

Deliberate sabotage of the "wrong" type of events because they know reopening fully that date is a big risk, so they'd rather as few events as possible at that time 

Yep, they'll wait for 99% of festivals to cancel, then gallantly step in and offer insurance to the few that are left (and how many of the surviving fests will be run by Tory backers?)

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yep, they'll wait for 99% of festivals to cancel, then gallantly step in and offer insurance to the few that are left (and how many of the surviving fests will be run by Tory backers?)

So you're implying it's not a coincidence that the next three camping festivals left on the calendar are Latitude (land owned by the Earl of Stradbroke whose ancestors were Tory peers), Standon Calling (both the land and Festival owned by Tory peer Viscount Trenchard), and Wilderness (land owned by Tory peer Lord Rotherwick)?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

IF?

Deliberate sabotage of the "wrong" type of events because they know reopening fully that date is a big risk, so they'd rather as few events as possible at that time 

Spot on. My tinfoil hat theory is that the government is going to leave it until the very last minute on 12th July to announce the full reopening to bail some late July festivals into voluntarily cancelling. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Spot on. My tinfoil hat theory is that the government is going to leave it until the very last minute on 12th July to announce the full reopening to bail some late July festivals into voluntarily cancelling. 

They'd better offer insurance or late August and September ones won't have any confidence they won't reimpose restrictions considering we'll be running at huge case rates. We know that doesn't necessarily matter but the public won't 

Edited by efcfanwirral

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They'd better offer insurance or late August and September ones won't have any confidence they won't reimpose restrictions considering we'll be running at huge case rates. We know that doesn't necessarily matter but the public won't 

There’s very little prospect of restrictions being reimposed in August or September. If they are to be reimposed it probably won’t be until at least November. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

There’s very little prospect of restrictions being reimposed in August or September. If they are to be reimposed it probably won’t be until at least November. 

I totally agree but I'm not sure I'd bet any money or the future of an independent business on it! 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For anyone affected by cancellations and desperate to spend a weekend in a field, Latitude still have a few weekend tickets left on Ticketmaster

I see that Saturday day tickets are sold out. The Chems is just gonna be one big ol' party and I can't wait! 

• Like 1

Am going to Latitude as an Oxfam volunteer, just got in today as was meant to be doing Womad so got preferential access to the extra volunteering slots Oxfam nabbed. I know quite a few on here are going as punters, anyone going with Oxfam? 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, jannybruck said:

Back on topic: just snatched a ticket to Latitude – a little surprised they're still available after the recent confirmation it's going ahead, but very excited to go.

Yes I was very surprised when I checked this morning, weekend camping tickets still available.  I think the crowd at this years festival might be a little different in demographics than normal maybe, less Islington in Suffolk?

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

Am going to Latitude as an Oxfam volunteer, just got in today as was meant to be doing Womad so got preferential access to the extra volunteering slots Oxfam nabbed. I know quite a few on here are going as punters, anyone going with Oxfam? 

Yes I was very surprised when I checked this morning, weekend camping tickets still available.  I think the crowd at this years festival might be a little different in demographics than normal maybe, less Islington in Suffolk?

I was going to Womad as a shop volunteer; I asked but there's no shop places left at Latitude. 😞

• Upvote 1