Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Just got this press release - though most looks like it it in the info above:

LATITUDE CONFIRMS IT WILL GO AHEAD AT FULL CAPACITY THIS SUMMER

THE FESTIVAL WILL FEATURE IN THE LATEST PHASE OF THE GOVERNMENT EVENT RESEARCH PROGRAMME ( ERP)

The multi-award-winning Latitude has confirmed it will welcome a full capacity audience onsite this year. The festival will feature in the latest phase of the UK Government’s Event Research Programme (ERP).

Latitude returns to the picturesque grounds of Henham Park, Suffolk, on 22nd-25th July 2021 with headliners Wolf Alice , The Chemical Brothers, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club, Bill Bailey, Katherine Ryan, Jo Brand Reginald D. Hunter and Simon Amstell topping a diverse bill where music meets the arts in a full on cultural explosion. Weekend and day tickets are on sale here.

Last week Latitude announced it would be the first major festival to take place in 2021 and continues to add world-class music and arts names to the bill.

Festival Republic who operate Latitude and also hosted the Sefton Park and Download ERP events will work closely with the ERP experts, scientists and in particular the director of Public Health in Suffolk on the specific conditions of entry that will enable the festival  to operate safely.

Melvin Benn, Festival Director of Latitude, commented:  We have been working extremely hard to make sure that Latitude Festival can go ahead safely at full capacity.  Becoming an ERP event gives us the security of going ahead. Crucially the additional research collected at Latitude  will benefit all festivals and live events moving forward. Everyone will be welcome to attend as long as they have a negative lateral flow test or proof of two vaccinations.

After many months without live music and arts, we are ecstatic to return with a full capacity festival. Restarting festivals is crucially important to the wellbeing of everyone in society and we hope that Latitude will be the first of many festivals to take place this summer!”

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said: “We are working flat out to find a way to get festivals back up and running safely, so it is brilliant that Latitude will go ahead as part of the Events Research Programme and build on the success of our pilots at Download and Sefton Park.”

Latitude Festival will be in touch with all existing ticket holders with further details about how the festival will operate as a pilot event. Ticket holders will be asked for either proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of arrival at the festival,, or proof of full vaccination, the second dose having been received at least 14 days prior to the first day of attending the festival.

I'm with @bennyhana22 the gov are a bunch of corrupt asshats, that are only interested in lining their own pockets😠

On a purely selfish note; doubled jabbed & having Latitude tickets - I'm jumping around the house, over the flipping moon that I get to dance in fields this summer.

Obviously the ideal outcome would be for all festivals & gigs to be allowed & for this shoddy gov to be ousted!  I have tried the write to you MP approach on many an issue but unfortunately our MP is that slimy Vaccine Minister who only ever tows the party line ☹

I will be supporting more grassroots arts, as i know Latitude is a corporate, mass sponsored event - I've got tickets for a little local festival in Aug so really hoping that can go ahead.

13 minutes ago, Copperface said:

LFT and proof of vaaccination I understand. What's proof of immunity?

I think it is a positive test result in the past 6 months but obviously there is some lower limit on it too (not in the past couple of weeks at least I imagine).

Something like that anyway.

Edited by northernringo

Fabulous news about Latitude!
I did Download Pilot and the key things for me were:
- How emotional everyone was to get back at it - audience, bands everyone. A genuine outpouring, tears of happiness
- Give the sound techs some love - after 15 months, they will mess up and they need everyone's support
- Drinks are expensive (£6/£6.50 a pint), start saving now!

Have a fabulous time! Check your camping gear now.

52 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I'm with @bennyhana22 the gov are a bunch of corrupt asshats, that are only interested in lining their own pockets😠

On a purely selfish note; doubled jabbed & having Latitude tickets - I'm jumping around the house, over the flipping moon that I get to dance in fields this summer.

Obviously the ideal outcome would be for all festivals & gigs to be allowed & for this shoddy gov to be ousted!  I have tried the write to you MP approach on many an issue but unfortunately our MP is that slimy Vaccine Minister who only ever tows the party line ☹

I will be supporting more grassroots arts, as i know Latitude is a corporate, mass sponsored event - I've got tickets for a little local festival in Aug so really hoping that can go ahead.

James o brien has been discussing all this on LBC this morning- he's on the side of what you're saying and what others were saying yesterday  - that it's got to be malicious to so utterly destroy an industry (this and the brexit thing)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, lemons said:

For the lft do you have to prove you've done it with a photo of result or just trust people aren't just ordering a test to get a barcode and saying they're negative?

Not confirmed but I suspect it'll be physically bring the test to the gate.

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

James o brien has been discussing all this on LBC this morning- he's on the side of what you're saying and what others were saying yesterday  - that it's got to be malicious to so utterly destroy an industry (this and the brexit thing)

This is the happy festivals thread so I'm not going to bang on too much about the stench that are the Tories; but, every single thing they do is geared towards larger corporates & party donors gaining ££££ & the smaller independent losing out - from the initial inklings of brexit stemming from EU tax loopholes being closed to changes in UK tax laws that only affect the middle earners & doing nothing about the massive corporate tax loopholes  to not supporting musicians that need to travel to earn - the list is endless!

I seem to spend my life raging about them!

I've marched, petitioned, written to (useless) MP, encouraged others to do the same but they still keep gaining in the polls - it feels like constant shouting into the void - but we must keep fighting, they can't continue ripping through our rich, colourful, diverse culture & way of life.

20 minutes ago, incident said:

Not confirmed but I suspect it'll be physically bring the test to the gate.

The instructions for mine say that if you look at it after half an hour then it isn't accurate- so you'd have to coordinate timing to make sure someone could see it exactly on half an hour, if it was raining you'd have some real difficulties and there are health issues in putting people into tents maskless to do a test in the dry 

If they do that it'll take all day to process people even at lower numbers with the vaccine proof. But i also agree with the idea they need something other than self testing and self reporting. It's a strange one 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, lemons said:

For the lft do you have to prove you've done it with a photo of result or just trust people aren't just ordering a test to get a barcode and saying they're negative?

For Download it was a trust thing. You did the test, reported it to the NHS by filling out a form. You then got a text from the NHS saying you're likely negative, and this is what you show at the gate, along with photo id.

14 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

This is the happy festivals thread so I'm not going to bang on too much about the stench that are the Tories; but, every single thing they do is geared towards larger corporates & party donors gaining ££££ & the smaller independent losing out - from the initial inklings of brexit stemming from EU tax loopholes being closed to changes in UK tax laws that only affect the middle earners & doing nothing about the massive corporate tax loopholes  to not supporting musicians that need to travel to earn - the list is endless!

I've marched, petitioned, written to (useless) MP, encouraged others to do the same but they still keep gaining in the polls - it feels like constant shouting into the void - but we must keep fighting, they can't continue ripping through our rich, colourful, diverse culture & way of life.

With Latitude, it probably helped that Melvyn and FR had overseen 2 such events already so knew the ropes and had demonstrated competance with those. May also help that he has some influence as well within the right circles. Could even have helped that Latitude is popular with Tory kids? Who knows....

Shame about the rest of those festivals with less influence though. Hope they find some way to proceed after opening up.

47 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I was saying this yesterday and will keep saying it - keeping this as a happy thread and hoping for the best isn't going to be enough- this is a systematic attack on the thing we all love (and the original reason we're all here). We need to keep being angry, keep sharing stuff we see here, keep getting the word out as much as possible especially to people who see pilot events going and think its all ok. Its gaining traction in media, MPs etc and that will help - populism works both ways as horrible as it is.

The more fuss is kicked up, the more they want to shut us up and currently, and I'm not saying this will always be the case, they can't make us just shut up so the easiest thing for them is to give us what we want 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I was saying this yesterday and will keep saying it - keeping this as a happy thread and hoping for the best isn't going to be enough- this is a systematic attack on the thing we all love (and the original reason we're all here). We need to keep being angry, keep sharing stuff we see here, keep getting the word out as much as possible especially to people who see pilot events going and think its all ok. Its gaining traction in media, MPs etc and that will help - populism works both ways as horrible as it is.

The more fuss is kicked up, the more they want to shut us up and currently, and I'm not saying this will always be the case, they can't make us just shut up so the easiest thing for them is to give us what we want 

I pretty much Hulk-out every day so staying angry is not a problem for me 😉

Seriously though, you're right, we need to keep screaming & shouting!