Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Bit of a fucking joke this is being allowed and yet festivals are not.

I'm not one for rushing restrictions off, but allowing it to go ahead for one industry and not another, is total bullshit and pure posturing. 

Basically comes down to UEFA threatening that they'd move the games to Hungary.

It's a joke as you say that it's so selective in what benefits at the moment.

5 hours ago, km9 said:

Yes I would.

Why does every reply need to be so aggressive? It was just my opinion.

Unfortunately this is the same thing that will see people having to pay longterm PCR tests for events. Because at the end of the day what's the difference between you paying for something, losing it the event but not keeping the money and paying a PCR test for the same price to attend something? The difference is the latter allows you to attend it. Too any clouded minded going in here. £40 from a few people on here will not save anything, a government funding which isn't going to happen would but we will pay for that longterm anyway when you see the price of everything go up again to justify it. 

I'm all for gigs etc returning, I've got my festivals and gigs booked but I'm happy to let them happen in their own time rather than force them. 

How is it an aggressive reply though?

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I went to Pub in the park on Friday. Not massive or anything. a few thousand I guess. No requirement for any tests, no wearing of masks, no keep apart signs. Only thing they had in front of the stage were a hundred odd marked out boxes that you had to be in and only up to 30 people in each whilst watching the bands. However you had to wonder off for food beer etc and that had nothing in place. 

Sounds OK!

Was that one of the ERP tests events?

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

would not have thought so as there is no follow up from it at all, unless they were looking at how people behave (They saw that my mate gets very drunk). Just an annual event

Ah, I see they've incorporated the no more than 30 outside thing into those marked out spaces. Clever way of doing it, even if slightly pushing the envelope of those rules....

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody in the Download thread seems to think that they’ve caught COVID from somebody else at the festival. Not great. 

Unless I've missed a post, I think they're saying that they've been told to self-isolate (presumably as a result of an exposure notification on the NHS COVID app) - if the exposure was outdoors it's very unlikely to translate into catching it.

Tbh I'm debating when to get rid of the app, as it's going to be increasingly less reliable/useful in predicting potential transmission, especially amongst vaccinated people and at outdoor events.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Unless I've missed a post, I think they're saying that they've been told to self-isolate (presumably as a result of an exposure notification on the NHS COVID app) - if the exposure was outdoors it's very unlikely to translate into catching it.

Tbh I'm debating when to get rid of the app, as it's going to be increasingly less reliable/useful in predicting potential transmission, especially amongst vaccinated people and at outdoor events.

I've never had it installed. My wife and most of her colleagues at work deactivated and eventually removed it as it was slightly pointless having it on when they were going into a major hospital every day, and while they didn't have the phones on the wards, they were around the virus in various forms all day. Plus, they were getting tested at least twice a week. If they'd had it activated they never would have been at work, and I'd never have been able to leave the house.

Got back from the absolutely brilliant Bigfoot Festival on Sunday night, gf and I did a test today just in case, both negative.

Not sure if this completely scientifically accurate, but I think it means festivals are completely safe and they should restart immediately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Copperface said:

I've never had it installed. My wife and most of her colleagues at work deactivated and eventually removed it as it was slightly pointless having it on when they were going into a major hospital every day, and while they didn't have the phones on the wards, they were around the virus in various forms all day. Plus, they were getting tested at least twice a week. If they'd had it activated they never would have been at work, and I'd never have been able to leave the house.

Yeah, that makes absolute sense. Pretty sure some Police forces told their staff not to use it for similar reasons.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Yeah, that makes absolute sense. Pretty sure some Police forces told their staff not to use it for similar reasons.

Yes, they did. No-one would ever have been able to go to work.....

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah you’re right, I misunderstood and they’re just isolating at the moment (I think). My bad! 

Yeah I checked too, they're just isolating currently 🙂 no worries though, I think it's hard for them to actually prove where the person they came into contact with actually was though 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Unfortunately this is the same thing that will see people having to pay longterm PCR tests for events. Because at the end of the day what's the difference between you paying for something, losing it the event but not keeping the money and paying a PCR test for the same price to attend something? The difference is the latter allows you to attend it. Too any clouded minded going in here. £40 from a few people on here will not save anything, a government funding which isn't going to happen would but we will pay for that longterm anyway when you see the price of everything go up again to justify it. 

I'm all for gigs etc returning, I've got my festivals and gigs booked but I'm happy to let them happen in their own time rather than force them. 

How is it an aggressive reply though?

It's not £40 from a few people on here though is it? It's £40 from everybody who wants to buy a ticket, so if they sell 20,000 tickets that's £800,000 that they know they can fall back on. Nobody is being forced to pay anything, and you'd think that them having a bit of confidence (ie knowing that they have a bit of cash flow) will help them to get the wheels in motion.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Yeah, my pal received a ping after Download too. Ridiculous, really, but there you are.

Test & Trace app was a condition of entry.

Ben

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah I checked too, they're just isolating currently 🙂 no worries though, I think it's hard for them to actually prove where the person they came into contact with actually was though 

And an absurdity when you hear that two England players are excluded from tonight's game for a post-match chat with Gilmour, but the whole Scottish team, staff etc who shared a dressing room, coach, hotel etc with him are fine. And whole year groups of, essentially, not-at-risk nursery and primary school children are being sent home for 10 days.

More quality, joined-up thinking from my boss of bosses, HanCOCK.

Ben

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, my pal received a ping after Download too. Ridiculous, really, but there you are.

Test & Trace app was a condition of entry.

Ben

Think that checking in was a condition, but not specifically via the App - and once checked in, there's no need/reason to leave contact tracing turned on.

This was the entry procedure:

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Think that checking in was a condition, but not specifically via the App - and once checked in, there's no need/reason to leave contact tracing turned on.

This was the entry procedure:

Cool. I guess that almost everyone will have taken a phone and that they'll likely have had (and not uninstalled) the app as they'll have been understandably desperate to do anything, including committing to giving up their first born, to get back into those fields!

Ben