Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

17 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Bath holding its Pub in the Park Festival
Bringing a tear to my eye!!! Hopefully the first of many! 

Was there last night. Can't tell you how nice it was to be outside with people and bouncing around to music. Man I missed it.

I even enjoyed Tom Walker, I did keep telling him off for leaving the light on. I am a Dad it's my Job

Edited by fred quimby

On 6/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Yet we're worried about August festivals not happening...

With the other sporting events it's been a bit different to a festival as they are seated, but golf is similar to a festival in terms of its lots of people standing in close proximity.

Just a bit worried that it's people with influence/connections to the government that are allowed to have test events rather than events in general being allowed.

Doesn't bode well for the smaller festivals

36 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Worried about green man now

it was always a gamble but its not looking great as 4/5 weeks after 19 july - must be about when they start the build

I'm not sure if Green Man would rely on the same things as in Wales? No idea what the current Welsh rules are on events, though.

26 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

With the other sporting events it's been a bit different to a festival as they are seated, but golf is similar to a festival in terms of its lots of people standing in close proximity.

Just a bit worried that it's people with influence/connections to the government that are allowed to have test events rather than events in general being allowed.

Except it isn't really different, is it? 25000 at Kendal Calling vs 145000 at the Grand Prix. No way are you 'better protected' from mixing and transmission if you're in a place with almost six times as many people. 

It's a joke. Bottom line is that there will be no world media showing thousands of waving Union Flags from Kendal Calling...

Ben

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm not sure if Green Man would rely on the same things as in Wales? No idea what the current Welsh rules are on events, though.

Steelhouse festival in Wales seem to be talking positively in their tweets, that’s in about 4 weeks so we’re pretty close to decision day I would have thought.

32 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it could be even less likely due to wales seemingly wanting to be a lot more cautious

however if 19 july goes ahead in england then really it must do in wales as there is no meaningful border so everyone from wales would just pile into england to do what they want to

43 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Except it isn't really different, is it? 25000 at Kendal Calling vs 145000 at the Grand Prix. No way are you 'better protected' from mixing and transmission if you're in a place with almost six times as many people. 

It's a joke. Bottom line is that there will be no world media showing thousands of waving Union Flags from Kendal Calling...

Ben

Yep my thoughts exactly - connections / money / shutting up people speaking against them in the media (ALW, Melvin Benn etc) 

This events research programme will help us for next year but I don't believe theyll let any happen this year without being under that umbrella.

That said, we'd need a completely restriction free winter for insurance to be given for festivals next year so I wouldn't be surprised if we're having these same conversations this time next year 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Agreed. Even my view on sitting down being safer...this is just too far. I agree with seating as long as it's not over half the capacity most but this is purely just on greed and money.

They won't be able to pass R&L like they can this. If Reading becomes a pilot event then expect to be doing PCR tests for it this time next year.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yep my thoughts exactly - connections / money / shutting up people speaking against them in the media (ALW, Melvin Benn etc) 

This events research programme will help us for next year but I don't believe theyll let any happen this year without being under that umbrella.

That said, we'd need a completely restriction free winter for insurance to be given for festivals next year so I wouldn't be surprised if we're having these same conversations this time next year 

Cronyism alive and well in Govt Plc - who'd have thought it. Do any of these 'pilots' actually have any science surronding them now either, or has it just become a badge awarded to those with the right connections...

Beautiful Days still seems to be on - no update on their status.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don’t actually believe the research programme now has any purpose whatsoever …. The early tests show safety but seem to have done nothing for festivals this year … they do need to be scaled up ..but by the time the next year comes around I’d expect we have a normal year and these tests become completely meaningless 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don’t actually believe the research programme now has any purpose whatsoever …. The early tests show safety but seem to have done nothing for festivals this year … they do need to be scaled up ..but by the time the next year comes around I’d expect we have a normal year and these tests become completely meaningless 

If it wasn't for the euros I'm not sure they'd have bothered in the first place