Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/will-latitude-festival-2021-go-ahead-8065770

Looks as if the government could be about to launch some form of insurance 

"They basically have to underwrite our insurance and the DCMS are telling us they are really close to getting the Treasury to sign off."

definitely sounds promising! 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Potentially not, but surely it's easier to control a ticketed event with testing instead of a carnival anyone can turn up to watch? 

Yeah that's true. i guess anywhere with an arena you can require proof of a negative test, whereas carnival they can't really control who attends. Fingers crossed. All the uncertainty plus the crap weather we're now having is really testing me! 

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

Yeah that's true. i guess anywhere with an arena you can require proof of a negative test, whereas carnival they can't really control who attends. Fingers crossed. All the uncertainty plus the crap weather we're now having is really testing me! 

Just remember where we were in April - things are def on the up and up and there is loads more to do now!

1 minute ago, DirtyLurker said:

Saturday night Chems is going to be epic 😍

And yes, yes, yes to other festivals & events being able to go ahead 🤞😁

Yeah I can't wait, Wolf Alice on Friday will be amazing too, especially after Blue Weekend 

Saw an interview with Melvin and he's said it will probably be a test event if it can't happen normally but the fact he's been talking to government officials gives me a whole lot more confidence for it 

I wonder also if more festivals the same weekend will announce their plans now too 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Glastonbury pal of mine is at the Download pilot.

I'm not into metal.

It's raining.

I'd join him there now in a heartbeat.

Ben

Me yesterday- ‘perhaps it’s for the best that I didn’t get a ticket as it looks like it’s going to rain’

Me today- ‘I wish I was there in the rain’

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah I can't wait, Wolf Alice on Friday will be amazing too, especially after Blue Weekend 

Saw an interview with Melvin and he's said it will probably be a test event if it can't happen normally but the fact he's been talking to government officials gives me a whole lot more confidence for it 

I wonder also if more festivals the same weekend will announce their plans now too 

We've just seen Bill Bailey is on the Obelisk on Sun afternoon, a comedian on the main stage!  Amazing😍  love Bill & comedy tent is so rammed every time he headlines.

I'm quite happy for it to be a test event if that's what's needed to get the entertainment industry back on it's feet - I'll show my vaccination certs, do a lateral flow or pcr, whatever, just get me in a field with live entertainment again ❤

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Latitude is going ahead as planned 

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Me too! Hopefully this will give more confidence to other events this summer too

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

"Latitude in particular"- pretty sure it'll be a test event. Won't help others like kendal and y not as results will be too late, but will help him put that on and reading maybe! Just like ALW - appease those who shout the loudest 

Hope im wrong obviously! And obviously happy for you Latitude people 

Edited by efcfanwirral

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Glastonbury pal of mine is at the Download pilot.

I'm not into metal.

It's raining.

I'd join him there now in a heartbeat.

Ben

Tried to get a place with Oxfam but missed out, made other plans, then more places came up but couldn't do it now. 

Just watching the report on BBC News. What I wouldn't give to be there watching bands I've never heard of, in a genre I'm not into, in the rain