Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

how they going to abide by step 3 restrictions?

It says "socially distanced" in the tweet.

Presumably they're also at or less than 4,000 people and 50% of the site capacity - in which case they can fit within the current rules much as Bigfoot still appears to be going ahead this weekend.

1 minute ago, incident said:

It says "socially distanced" in the tweet.

Presumably they're also at or less than 4,000 people and 50% of the site capacity - in which case they can fit within the current rules much as Bigfoot still appears to be going ahead this weekend.

yeah, just intrigued how they're going to do it. I can see how the work shops they'll limits numbers in, and some of the talky/comedy stuff...but what about for bands and general walk around areas, kid play areas etc. I guess it's not going to be that strict.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Am onsite at Bigfoot on Thursday, so hopefully it is going ahead 🤣

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Oh, sorry...ignore me (unless you are already!)...just looked at Deershed website and it's not normal Deershed, but a Basecamp thing.

Yeah it looks a bit like the Camp Kin thing Shambala are doing (which we are booked on for) or Worthy Pastures (or whatever it's called). Socially distanced camping with some activities. Camp Kin have always said they can do it at stage 3, but that they will add extra things if they can at stage 4 (presume in terms of music/entertainment as that's the bit that is still pretty vague at the moment).

I was feeling gutted that we hadn't booked a proper festival but I think the uncertainty would be really stressful! So quite pleased with the option we've gone for.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, just intrigued how they're going to do it. I can see how the work shops they'll limits numbers in, and some of the talky/comedy stuff...but what about for bands and general walk around areas, kid play areas etc. I guess it's not going to be that strict.

Kids play areas and general walk around areas are all open at the moment in the real world- there's not a huge amount of social distancing going on (especially in the former) but they shouldn't be the problem.

Bands are more interesting but I guess it just requires people to have a change in attitude - just because an event is standing doesn't mean you have to ram in as close as possible to everyone else. Or just picture the Pyramid field from around halfway back during most mid-afternoon sets. People are stood around and distanced from each other to a reasonable extent. It's just doing that but all the way to the front.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:39 PM, sisco said:

Slap the you’re more likely to get freebies or a bung on you mean 

Or that these events are all 'High Society' events, generating loadsamoney for gambling organisations and the like as well, then they surely must go ahead huh... Some are run by individuals with not inconsiderable influence in the Govt as well.

1 hour ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Found this interesting from a day 'festival' in Shrewsbury (I'm not going, I've just been keeping an eye out as a mate's wedding is nearby and all the hotels are currently booked out!) re a test event shortlist, makes you wonder how many test events there are going to be...

IMG_20210616_212802.jpg

Hmm could every festival this summer fall in the test event catagory? Means the government won't have to pay for cancellation insurance that's been asked for and presents us as gone back to normal internationally as well 

22 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Really sad one of our small local festivals Godney Gathering was due to go ahead on the 17th and 18th july they are devasted they have worked so hard to make it a two day mini festival tht stated off as as evening in a farmers shed! Really feel for them! 

Yeah, great little festival.

I went to what I thought was the first one when Reed headlined with Toploader supporting about 20 years ago.

Wasn’t in a shed though so couldn’t have been the first.

19 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Or that these events are all 'High Society' events, generating loadsamoney for gambling organisations and the like as well, then they surely must go ahead huh... Some are run by individuals with not inconsiderable influence in the Govt as well.

"Gabriel lamented the fact that sporting events can go ahead while music fans faced repeat setbacks. “If we’re doing these test events and we’re doing the Euros or Ascot, let’s give the festival sector a chance too. Maybe it’s a different sector of the population, but they deserve a go at this as well.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jun/17/peter-gabriel-festivals-risk-losing-everything-without-government-insurance

21 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, great little festival.

I went to what I thought was the first one when Reed headlined with Toploader supporting about 20 years ago.

Wasn’t in a shed though so couldn’t have been the first.

Godney gathering would be celebrating their 10th anniversary this year.