Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

It is sort of an indoor mass gathering to be fair, not hugely different to a festival, just indoors...

But it is different. It's going to be half the crowds.

Crucially the Wembley events are bring treated as test pilots too and potentially Wimbledon. Are you going to do a test pilot event for larger outdoor events? There is a reason why the outdoor test pilot events are being done at 10k max.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What am I supposed to be getting?

You’re looking at people all crowded together dancing and singing on a Wembley concourse

Obviously you also have them All travelling there, drinking beforehand

Yes It’s a test event, yes they need a PCR test, but outdoor events should happen even if they ask for PCR tests.  

6 hours ago, sisco said:

You’re looking at people all crowded together dancing and singing on a Wembley concourse

Obviously you also have them All travelling there, drinking beforehand

Yes It’s a test event, yes they need a PCR test, but outdoor events should happen even if they ask for PCR tests.  

But in that context we are basically saying that Latitude would need to be half and Reading brought down to 45k for it to go again. So you've now got to tell 45k people they can't go.

Further more. Each Wembley game is a day event, each Wimbledon is the same. These others are 3-5 day camping events. Whereas the most a camping event is currently getting is 10k

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

But in that context we are basically saying that Latitude would need to be half and Reading brought down to 45k for it to go again. So you've now got to tell 45k people they can't go.

Further more. Each Wembley game is a day event, each Wimbledon is the same. These others are 3-5 day camping events. Whereas the most a camping event is currently getting is 10k

Half a stadium full before restrictions are lifted which has doubled from the 22.5k this month. All pilot information and another month it's not unreasonable that restrictions are lifted and it doubles again from 45 to 90k. Camping shouldn't be an issues as campsites are open. If they have too and they can they'll just make sure you need to test on entry.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Half a stadium full before restrictions are lifted which has doubled from the 22.5k this month. All pilot information and another month it's not unreasonable that restrictions are lifted and it doubles again from 45 to 90k. Camping shouldn't be an issues as campsites are open. If they have too and they can they'll just make sure you need to test on entry.

They will have a very hard time passing 90k even with testing. 

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They will have a very hard time passing 90k even with testing. 

Maybe so but if the trails have gone well and you've gone from 22.5k to 45k within a month I don't think it's unrealistic to expect it to go from 45k to 90k within a month especially when the restrictions are meant to be gone come 19th July, obviously anything extended after that and it's gone I'd agree but if there is a possibility it will happen Melvin/FR will push it forward I'm sure. They could even call it a "test event" for that size capacity, who knows but I guess we'll see how the next few months unfold. 

Has anybody heard anything about Lost Village? No update since January. 

As Noisily is in the bin and Houghton is supposedly about to announce cancellation, just worried about my last horse! 

52 minutes ago, foolee said:

Maybe so but if the trails have gone well and you've gone from 22.5k to 45k within a month I don't think it's unrealistic to expect it to go from 45k to 90k within a month especially when the restrictions are meant to be gone come 19th July, obviously anything extended after that and it's gone I'd agree but if there is a possibility it will happen Melvin/FR will push it forward I'm sure. They could even call it a "test event" for that size capacity, who knows but I guess we'll see how the next few months unfold. 

I don't see a test event for that size. That's fair and wide the biggest they'll have ever done and will set us up for longterm pre festival testing. Don't give them that idea.

There is a big jump from 22.5 to 45k for some games and then jumping 45k instead of 22.5k. 

So really you want to be saying is if we can go from 22.5k in a month to 45k, it's more realistic to go to late 60k next. Also it'll depend how strong the hospitals numbers and case numbers get etc. 

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

As Noisily is in the bin and Houghton is supposedly about to announce cancellation, just worried about my last horse! 

Lost Village? It announced its lineup a couple of weeks ago.

Remind me again why we think camping festivals are more risky? 

Surely if everyone is testing on arrival or vaccinated you've essentially got a closed environment where you only interact with other negative or vaccinated people. 

Whereas multi day events like parklife, or attending multiple football matches, have people interacting with untested, potentially unvaccinated individuals afterwards and then going back into the event potentially bringing in cases.

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Remind me again why we think camping festivals are more risky? 

Surely if everyone is testing on arrival or vaccinated you've essentially got a closed environment where you only interact with other negative or vaccinated people. 

Whereas multi day events like parklife, or attending multiple football matches, have people interacting with untested, potentially unvaccinated individuals afterwards and then going back into the event potentially bringing in cases.

How dare you talk common sense!!

Heritage Live, rescheduled shows announced at Kenwood House, London this August,

Rag’n’Bone Man, Raye, Will & The People + Max White, 19 Aug
James, Feeder, Maximo Park, The Snuts, The Sherlocks & more, 20
Culture Club, Lulu & Bananarama, 21
David Rodigan, The Outlook Orchestra & more, 22

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Where are you getting the Houghton info from out of interest as I haven’t seen anything? 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

More risky it seems still than Ascot, Euro's, Wimbledon, Silverstone etc. Basically slap the definition of "research programme" onto the event and it can go ahead...

This. So, so this. 

"Test event, sir? Go right on through. Prosecco and canapés are to your right."

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

More risky it seems still than Ascot, Euro's, Wimbledon, Silverstone etc. Basically slap the definition of "research programme" onto the event and it can go ahead...

If it's not seated event then it's going to be looked at as more risky end of. That's how it is and right so.

The numbers gathering on hills are whatever etc aren't festival sized are they.

If people on here can tell me that they constantly to get into a festival that is Readings size want to do a PCR test 48hrs before which costs money. Another test etc and potentially have to isolate after then go ahead. If you are fine to do it one year then why not the next.

If that became a thing and not a test event then the PCR tests aren't going to be covered for you so your festival costs an extra £50 to go to.

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

Where are you getting the Houghton info from out of interest as I haven’t seen anything? 

Someone on here said it’s a question of when, not if they cancel… can’t remember who or find it I’m afraid. Might be nothing. I hope so!

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If it's not seated event then it's going to be looked at as more risky end of. That's how it is and right so.

The numbers gathering on hills are whatever etc aren't festival sized are they.

If people on here can tell me that they constantly to get into a festival that is Readings size want to do a PCR test 48hrs before which costs money. Another test etc and potentially have to isolate after then go ahead. If you are fine to do it one year then why not the next.

If that became a thing and not a test event then the PCR tests aren't going to be covered for you so your festival costs an extra £50 to go to.

You're kind of saying festivals that size are in the past then? 

30 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You're kind of saying festivals that size are in the past then? 

Nope I'm not. I'm saying currently they have a variant that needs to be sorted out, people vaccined given a huge amount left to get the first jab are the standard attendee at Reading. What we going to do for every person who tests positive? Tell them on the door they've lost £240 because they aren't backed for cover?

Obviously yes thing should have been done re India but it's likewise for everything they haven't done.

When that's all done and people are protected then you will you run test pilot events?, there is no point because everyone you are testing has had a vaccine.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Slap the you’re more likely to get freebies or a bung on you mean 

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nope I'm not. I'm saying currently they have a variant that needs to be sorted out, people vaccined given a huge amount left to get the first jab are the standard attendee at Reading. What we going to do for every person who tests positive? Tell them on the door they've lost £240 because they aren't backed for cover?

Obviously yes thing should have been done re India but it's likewise for everything they haven't done.

When that's all done and people are protected then you will you run test pilot events?, there is no point because everyone you are testing has had a vaccine.

I do think to do Reading vs none at all then yes anyone who tests positive is turned away - but give them the option a few weeks before to decide not to take the gamble- there'll be plenty waiting around who will take on their ticket - I know I would love to go if it happens but no chance of a ticket. There are creative ways around it but I agree it's unlikely- I don't think standing events will happen this year without social distancing.

If you're using vaccine proof, which I'm not sure helps for reasons below but they seem to have decided its fine, then most will have two by then though so that's not to say they won't press ahead with some events however unlikely it sounds 

In terms of more test events - I mean we don't know how much spread is actually stopped when pravalence is high as we've only been locked down or low prevalence since they got rolled out - there are people going into hospital after 2 jabs so you clearly can catch it afterwards and Chris whitty said people will still die from it after 2 jabs..

If they go with vaccine proof only, which I think they will, it can still spread. So I guess a whole new load of test events for indoor events for winter will be needed post rollout, and I don't think we'll be as pleased with the results as the summer pilots. That's if they even bother because they'll know the results and won't want to be seen as reckless.

Edited by efcfanwirral