Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Yeah gutted about this as well, had tickets and have been meaning to go for years.

2022 summer should be lit as fuck though.....

Keep hold of those tickets @MrBarry465

Noisily is always lit as fuck but I needed that energy and positivity this year. 

One tiny positive is that this proves the decision by Glastonbury festival to delay was absolutely the right one. There might have been a small thought of 'what if' had step 4 gone ahead. Still absolutely gutting to the industry though, I really hope they can survive.

57 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Latitude are going to assess the situation, I'm hoping they'll go ahead as I have a ticket! 

Don't have tickets for latitude, but very curious what happens with it. Melvin seemed like the guy with the most money & most connections who was determined his festivals would go ahead.

If he starts cancelling I'll be surprised if anyone else can pull it off

5 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Don't have tickets for latitude, but very curious what happens with it. Melvin seemed like the guy with the most money & most connections who was determined his festivals would go ahead.

If he starts cancelling I'll be surprised if anyone else can pull it off

Not at the same kind of point in July, no. But deeper into August, there should be grounds for optimism. All a question of whether or not the organisers can be confident to spend on the infrastructure. Green Man, Lost Village, Reading etc. All four weeks + after 19 July...

Ben

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Yet football fans can all get drunk and stand together indoors! 

It's 45k in one game essentially every other seat and spread out via different entrance gates etc.

How do you dictate 45k + at a festival and where they go? Indoors it will be social distancing and the amount of people in each area will be much less. The courcourse at Wembley is massive.

I really don't get why people struggle to see the difference between a primarily seated event and a non seated event

Just now, thewayiam said:

It's 45k in one game essentially every other seat and spread out via different entrance gates etc.

How do you dictate 45k + at a festival and where they go? Indoors it will be social distancing and the amount of people in each area will be much less. The courcourse at Wembley is massive.

I really don't get why people struggle to see the difference between a primarily seated event and a non seated event

Maybe you’ll get it now?

F5C189BE-F4EA-4CB7-9BC9-B50F62A5D635.png