Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Interesting, sounds like something like that is not quite on the same level of complexity as a festival though - hence why they might be able to chance it.

I'm still holding out hope that Noisily goes ahead but really not clear at this stage. 

Oh yeah definitely not in the same league as a full on music festival, but it’s still several thousand people in close contention for a weekend so it’s going encouraging. 

the directive came from the council too, stating that as long as everyone is negative they can go ahead even if restrictions don’t ease. I don’t know whether that’s something they’ve been told to be ready or are just anticipating, 

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

Oh yeah definitely not in the same league as a full on music festival, but it’s still several thousand people in close contention for a weekend so it’s going encouraging. 

the directive came from the council too, stating that as long as everyone is negative they can go ahead even if restrictions don’t ease. I don’t know whether that’s something they’ve been told to be ready or are just anticipating, 

The other thing blocking a lot of the music festivals is getting the people and resources together. A lot of them have moved onto other projects, as they had written 2021 off.

I do think some of the festivals attempting to go ahead at this late stage, do run the risk of being 'somewhat shambolic'. Which is fine if it's a free party, but if I'm paying nearly £200 - I expect a decent level of production and facilities. I was at meadows in the mountains a few years back, which granted is in the bulgarian mountains and the water stopped working on half the site. Not a fun experience.....

38 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Had confirmation today that a festival we’re going to at the end of this month is 100% going ahead. It’s not a music festival, but it’s still 3,000 people camping in a field. Organisers have said they have been instructed by the council that everyone needs to have a negative test within 48 hours of entry but no matter if it stays in this state or unlocks on the 21st it’s happening apparently 

Maybe this is a heads up of what we can expect? Appeasing us with events that need testing is a fair compromise. Pretty risk free really- with testing its only a perception that events are unsafe 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Mik Artistik buoyant:

"We played our first gig down in the sun in Somerset, on the last Saturday in May. It was joy times six. A full house at the Cheese and Grain in Frome. Me, Jonny, and Greig gave them both barrels.

Glasto turned up in the form of Haggis and Buzz from the Theatre and Circus Area. People sat, clapped, cried, and cheered. "

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well that's bloody encouraging! Thanks, Paul.

Ben

Worst case scenario I think for the 21st June opening up now is a 4 week delay, which would still allow Latitude to operate all going well, as the build would still happen under current restrictions. 

And if that is the scenario, I probably could work the month there as the 2 events I have booked late June/early July would be cancelled, freeing my time up to do Latitude. 

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Worst case scenario I think for the 21st June opening up now is a 4 week delay, which would still allow Latitude to operate all going well, as the build would still happen under current restrictions. 

And if that is the scenario, I probably could work the month there as the 2 events I have booked late June/early July would be cancelled, freeing my time up to do Latitude. 

Yeah, my guess at the moment is a two week push back with huge efforts on surge testing and surge vaccination. Blonde idiot needs to keep the back benchers from revolt. 

Who knows, we might yet get a festival this summer...

Ben

14 hours ago, tigger123 said:

I was lucky enough to go to Tomorrowland for the day in 2016 and absolutely LOVED it. The attention to detail in the theming is incredible. Really hoping to go back at some stage.

As already mentioned Austrian Festival FM4 Frequency is allowed to happen in August. Here is a short insight story:

"Well boom, I think it looks like I'll have to hack something again," responded Frequency organizer Harry Jenner to Chancellor Sebastian Kurz's announcement that from July 1st, events with a standing audience will again be allowed. In addition, there should no longer be an upper limit for visitors.

The 3G rule (vaccinated, tested or recovered) would also be a prerequisite here. According to Jenner's interpretation, this would allow the Frequency from August 19 to 21 in St. Pölten. While Jenner is already rushing to work “at full throttle”, people in the city of St. Pölten are still cautious.

If Harry Jenner has his way, the 20th Frequency will decide on Saturday, August 21, with Austrian Band Bilderbuch. Jenner does not believe that regulations of the federal government could put an end to the project prematurely: "We prepare everything as if there was a green light for the event." He is in constant contact with the musicians. “The headliners are all fixed, as are most of the other bands. We are still clarifying with a few, ”said Jenner.

There are only a few remaining tickets left

Jenner urges to buy the festival passes in a hurry. The tickets from 2020 could be exchanged for swap tickets. A few advance booking tickets are still available. “We'll be sold out in a few days,” Jenner is sure. The festival is a huge opportunity for St. Pölten. "All of Europe will look at this world sensation."

Talks with the city are already underway, but the details will only be discussed in the next few weeks. In the city of St. Pölten, the reaction is waiting, but the organizer Harry Jenner is assured of great support. "We will monitor the situation very closely in order to then go through the organizer's plans in detail within the framework of the applicable provisions, and also work out specific concepts ourselves," explains Thomas Kainz from the media service.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah once the delay is officially announced you'd expect most to cancel. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Yeah even a rumoured review 2 weeks into a 4 week delay isn't going to work is it? 

WOMAD could be the week of the restrictions lifting, surely there's no way it goes ahead if they only know one week before if it can happen. 

Similar for something like Wilderness, if you assume the government still give a weeks notice of opening they'd have about 3 1/2 weeks knowing it's on.

Are there any festivals that could take the financial hit of a cancellation the week that gates open? 

Edited by Leyrulion

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Surely they won’t cancel before the Download pilot has taken place?

I believe they will. The pilot event was arranged before this new expected information and enough si that really this inflation although connected in a way, won't make much difference.

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah even a rumoured review 2 weeks into a 4 week delay isn't going to work is it? 

WOMAD could be the week of the restrictions lifting, surely there's no way it goes ahead if they only know one week before if it can happen. 

Similar for something like Wilderness, if you assume the government still give a weeks notice of opening they'd have about 3 1/2 weeks knowing it's on.

Are there any festivals that could take the financial hit of a cancellation the week that gates open? 

Exactly. Festivals will still be pushing on hoping that the week before July 19th it doesn't get delayed any longer but they won't know.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think Reading is gone as if Monday night.

I disagree, Melvin Benn won’t cancel his festivals likely especially when the evidence to suggest safety at gigs/festivals is good so far besides he’d know that the results would take 3 weeks or so to analyse from the Download pilot so wouldn’t have been expecting those until mid July anyway. I think FR have the financial backing to wait a bit longer and with them being directly involved with the government their festivals have the biggest chance of surviving.