Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

14 hours ago, charlottem said:

Still holding out hope for FarmFest, end of July. Anyone heard anything? 

I've got a ticket for this. Don't know if you saw but there was an announcement a while back that they were extending to an extra day and allowing people to arrive the night before it starts, to get people in more gradually. I won't be taking them up on the offer - but it certainly indicated that they were moving ahead with things.

Festevol at Invisible Wind Factory in August looks really good, especially that first day. Love Kelly Lee Owens, and Working Men’s Club are really growing on me. Throw in Oranj Son, best band in Liverpool at the moment, and it’s not a bad do at all. Great venue as well. 

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

‘Certain’ England fans will be in a right pickle, they won’t want to go against their principles and go if there are ‘Vaccine passports’ but if they don’t then they won’t be able to boo when the players take the knee.

Those against vaccine passports aren't all brexit supporting racists. I'll get vaccinated but if it goes to vaccine proof only will NEVER use it 

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Those against vaccine passports aren't all brexit supporting racists. I'll get vaccinated but if it goes to vaccine proof only will NEVER use it 

That’s why I put ‘certain’ in inverted commas.

You’re right, not all anti vaxxers are racist, but strangely most of the racists are anti-vax. No idea what the link is.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

That’s why I put ‘certain’ in inverted commas.

You’re right, not all anti vaxxers are racist, but strangely most of the racists are anti-vax. No idea what the link is.

The link probably being a high level of ignorance, poor education, general paranoia and stupidity.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm happy as long as tests are an option. The line for me is when (not if) that is taken away 

im guessing at some point you decide that the jabs are fine and hope one falls b4 the other ....I thought you were ok with having jab now ? or is my memory playing tricks ?

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not everyone against passports for stuff are anti vaxxers either 

To be clear, I was talking about the England fans who boo taking the knee, are anti vax and anti vaccine passport.

I was sort of half joking that some of the people who watch certain YouTube videos will be in an awkward position where they want to go into the stadium to boo taking the knee but will need to go against their principles and have a vaccine and produce a passport to be able to do so.

If you are only one of the three things I mentioned then I wasn’t talking about you.

Edited by rivalschools.price

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im guessing at some point you decide that the jabs are fine and hope one falls b4 the other ....I thought you were ok with having jab now ? or is my memory playing tricks ?

Yeah I'll take it because I'm expected to (terrified of it but I have to man up) but I'm against other people being coerced in the form of proof being required for domestic things and tests not being allowed  (obviously no talk of this yet but its clear we'll end up there). 

It's a compliance thing not a health thing as a test does the same job what with the vaccine not being 100%, so it doesn't sit right with me 

14 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I'll take it because I'm expected to (terrified of it but I have to man up) but I'm against other people being coerced in the form of proof being required for domestic things and tests not being allowed  (obviously no talk of this yet but its clear we'll end up there). 

It's a compliance thing not a health thing as a test does the same job what with the vaccine not being 100%, so it doesn't sit right with me 

Testing will always remain an option. It won’t ever be based purely on vaccination.  

People will probably get fed up of going for testing every time they want to do anything and vaccination will become more appealing!

What do we think will happen if the government doesn't unlock on June 21st for late July/early August festivals? I'm thinking perhaps rescheduled or cancelled as they'd need a lot more notice to build the site, arrange suppliers etc. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

39 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

What do we think will happen if the government doesn't unlock on June 21st for late July/early August festivals? I'm thinking perhaps rescheduled or cancelled as they'd need a lot more notice to build the site, arrange suppliers etc. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

I think even with or without the extension, festivals in July seem a long shot.

5 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Had confirmation today that a festival we’re going to at the end of this month is 100% going ahead. It’s not a music festival, but it’s still 3,000 people camping in a field. Organisers have said they have been instructed by the council that everyone needs to have a negative test within 48 hours of entry but no matter if it stays in this state or unlocks on the 21st it’s happening apparently 

Edited by mike46
Typo

7 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Had confirmation today that a festival we’re going to at the end of this month is 100% going ahead. It’s not a music festival, but it’s still 3,000 people camping in a field. Organisers have said they have been instructed by the council that everyone needs to have a negative test within 48 hours of entry but no matter if it stays in this state or unlocks on the 21st it’s happening apparently 

So its literally just people camping in a field?

No facilities, music etc?

Doesn't surprise me they are going ahead, it's the festivals with actual infrastructure and spending that are most at risk.

Edited by MrBarry465

6 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

So its literally just people camping in a field?

No facilities, music etc?

Doesn't surprise me they are going ahead, it's the festivals with actual infrastructure and spending that are most at risk.

No full infrastructure, bars on site and toilets etc. It’s an adventure weekend, with bikes, few hundred stalls and exhibitors and stuff throughout the day and then evening campfires and a few local bands on the evening 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mike46 said:

No full infrastructure, bars on site and toilets etc. It’s an adventure weekend, with bikes, few hundred stalls and exhibitors and stuff throughout the day and then evening campfires and a few local bands on the evening 

Interesting, sounds like something like that is not quite on the same level of complexity as a festival though - hence why they might be able to chance it.

I'm still holding out hope that Noisily goes ahead but really not clear at this stage.