Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve enjoyed SMD a few times and my a levels were 20 + years ago.  After giving it a seconds thought, sign me up for whoomping - I will take it! 

That SMD set was soooooo good but, even after this long since my last rave (Feb 2020 - argh!), I still don't think I could cope with the kids chanting. It's like people clapping to techno - it just grates on me!!

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That SMD set was soooooo good but, even after this long since my last rave (Feb 2020 - argh!), I still don't think I could cope with the kids chanting. It's like people clapping to techno - it just grates on me!!

Ben

😂😂 made me lol... but we are sounding like old moany bastards... no whoomping and no clapping please! And don’t even think about whistling! 😂😂

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I have to say I've always found it to have the upmarket feel that is never really my thing. Back in the days when say Bloc Party were around you would get a lineup with sine acts I didn't mind. They did well to grab Liam when they did. 

I can see it being all about the cocktails and prosecco in hand. Plus it's way too overpriced for a medium sized festival.

It's personal choice - Liam is not my bag at all, we were chilling in the van the afternoon he played - I thought it was a very weird special guest act for Latitude to have booked.

Agreed it's not cheap around £500 for 2 with campervan pass but I'd rather spend that to live in my van for best part of a week with access to entertainment than spend the same for a package holiday - personal choice.

We did get told off repeatedly one year because a group of us were chatting at 5am, lot's of shushing going on & security asking us to keep it down 😅😆😅 

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

1 minute ago, stuie said:

😂😂 made me lol... but we are sounding like old moany bastards... no whoomping and no clapping please! And don’t even think about whistling! 😂😂

Tut these youngsters coming round here enjoying themselves, why can't they just listen to the tunes & dance seriously😆

20 hours ago, incident said:

To be honest, if you can handle the Latitude crowd then you can almost certainly handle the Wilderness crowd. Wilderness is posher and that's often visible especially with some of the more extravagant (and for my taste, cringeworthy) things on offer, but I tend to find those are fairly easy to ignore as the crowd is generally quite relaxed and friendly, whereas I thought that the Latitude crowd was that they're by far the more entitled and selfish of the two.

Having said that, I'm doing both again this year having sworn never to go back to Latitude after not much liking it last time so may have reversed both positions in a few months.

That's good to read. I've stewarded Latitude once and I have to say, I struggled with some of the punters in a way I never have before. Not such an issue when I'm not working, but shifts were tricky at times. Such entitlement. We're doing Wilderness this year as it's the only one we can all do that looked like it had a chance of going ahead. The more I heard about it, the more worried I was it really wasn't going to be my sort of festival.  But what the hell, I'll (hopefully) be in a field with my mates, most of whom I haven't seen since November 2019 so who cares, eh.

9 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

That's good to read. I've stewarded Latitude once and I have to say, I struggled with some of the punters in a way I never have before. Not such an issue when I'm not working, but shifts were tricky at times. Such entitlement. We're doing Wilderness this year as it's the only one we can all do that looked like it had a chance of going ahead. The more I heard about it, the more worried I was it really wasn't going to be my sort of festival.  But what the hell, I'll (hopefully) be in a field with my mates, most of whom I haven't seen since November 2019 so who cares, eh.

It may be unfair of me to pin it all on the people specifically as to an extent the crowds may just be a product of their environment - Latitude is by far the more restrictive & regimented event of the two, so it may simply be that their crowd acts so entitled just because of the bullshit restrictions that they encounter. As an easy example I could imagine the Wilderness crowd becoming a lot less pleasant if the searches into the arena were even half as strict and invasive as at Latitude. Or if there was only Carlsberg on offer at the bars.

41 minutes ago, stuie said:

36 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Tut these youngsters coming round here enjoying themselves, why can't they just listen to the tunes & dance seriously😆

THIS THIS THIS!!!

😄

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

It's personal choice - Liam is not my bag at all, we were chilling in the van the afternoon he played - I thought it was a very weird special guest act for Latitude to have booked.

Agreed it's not cheap around £500 for 2 with campervan pass but I'd rather spend that to live in my van for best part of a week with access to entertainment than spend the same for a package holiday - personal choice.

I mean the Liam headline set. I'd rather the holiday in the sun I think but as you say personal choice. 

Booked in to work Download and Black Deer Festival and now have shifts allocated for the later, feeling more confident as we get closer to the event.

July starting to look busy too, fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What do you work as if you don't mind me asking?

I do a variety of roles.. primarily ticketing, security, traffic/parking and a new one this year.. drone detection.

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I do a variety of roles.. primarily ticketing, security, traffic/parking and a new one this year.. drone detection.

Interesting.. so in a normal year you would just go from festival to festival basically every weekend thorughout the summer and work there? Sounds cool.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Interesting.. so in a normal year you would just go from festival to festival basically every weekend thorughout the summer and work there? Sounds cool.

Yes exactly. Myself and my partner, in our motorhome and then we travel abroad in the winter 

47 minutes ago, worthyraver said:

I presume they give you your own drone to shot down any "bogie" drones detected.

Haha. Not quite. Still waiting on dates for this role as things begin to take off (pun intended) 😜

Anybody know the capacity for Playground Festival?

Just looking at the Scottish government rules under different levels:
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-2/

For level 2 (which East Renfrewshire currently is) it says:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 250 people.

For level 1:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 500 people.

And for Level 0:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people.

Tempted to buy Friday tickets, but worried I'd just be wasting my money. Suspect there is normally over 1000 people there.  Originally had Sunday tickets for 2019 and lost out on booking fees when I got a refund (plus they were a pain to deal with to get money back, ticket seller saying had to go to festival directly, while the festival were saying it was responsibility of ticket company, took months to resolve).

Though not sure if the fact the limits are "advised" rather than required if maybe it could go ahead.

Edited by found home in 2009

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Heard it's sadly a matter of when not if...

Sad news! Do you think it means another postponement or cancel? I hope it survives! 

Got some skin in the game finally for some reopening stuff. Booked the James gig in London for whenever it happens (if it does). I assume they'll still try to be "London's opening night" so we're going to be there whenever it is. Fuck it, i like Feeder, maximo Park and the sherlocks and don't hate James. Why not shed tears of joy at the first live gig that happens when there's no guarantees of the things I've booked otherwise happening over a month later 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:41 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Got some skin in the game finally for some reopening stuff. Booked the James gig in London for whenever it happens (if it does). I assume they'll still try to be "London's opening night" so we're going to be there whenever it is. Fuck it, i like Feeder, maximo Park and the sherlocks and don't hate James. Why not shed tears of joy at the first live gig that happens when there's no guarantees of the things I've booked otherwise happening over a month later 

i will cry if this doesn't happen on the 24th