Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Opposite today I've been told some of the festivals I'd planned to volunteer at won't be taking place. They've actual told us it's embargoed, which is odd tbh, so can't give more details yet but has knocked my optimism some what! 

Can you say who you were volunteering with?

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Opposite today I've been told some of the festivals I'd planned to volunteer at won't be taking place. They've actual told us it's embargoed, which is odd tbh, so can't give more details yet but has knocked my optimism some what! 

If the said festivals are still selling tickets than thats a little selfish on their part. Ive lost a fair whack on booking fees for festivals this year already so slightly hesitant to commit to any others until i'm almost certain they'll go ahead. 

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Are they of a larger size? 

This isn't a surprise - the camping trial is too late to get insurance sorted, id imagine most are about to cancel.

35 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This isn't a surprise - the camping trial is too late to get insurance sorted, id imagine most are about to cancel.

Please try to be positive! It isn’t over until it’s over. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Long been my thinking that traditional summer festivals will be scrapped but some hastily arranged ones will pop up in their place 

Not all is lost. Some positive news from here. Come on, festivals will happen! Didn`t expect this either and what a nice surprise:

Frequency organizer Harry Jenner was "very positively surprised" by the government announcement that from July 1st there would no longer be a maximum number of visitors for events. This means that the festival in St. Pölten can also take place as planned from August 19 to 21. "It's all back to normal. I've got work again," said Jenner. Barracuda Music's currently planned autumn and winter concerts can also be carried out in this way. "I didn't expect it," Jenner said in an initial reaction.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Not all is lost. Some positive news from here. Come on, festivals will happen! Didn`t expect this either and what a nice surprise:

Frequency organizer Harry Jenner was "very positively surprised" by the government announcement that from July 1st there would no longer be a maximum number of visitors for events. This means that the festival in St. Pölten can also take place as planned from August 19 to 21. "It's all back to normal. I've got work again," said Jenner. Barracuda Music's currently planned autumn and winter concerts can also be carried out in this way. "I didn't expect it," Jenner said in an initial reaction.

Thats actually amazing - as I understand it you've been quite cautious over there right? 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Yes! This is what we love to hear. Amazing! 

Wilderness have just confirmed their lineup is coming 3rd June:

WE'RE ON!

Following extensive consultation with the Department of Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS), we are THRILLED to confirm that Wilderness Festival is signalled to proceed in Cornbury Park this summer. 

The first round of the DCMS's hugely successful Events Research Programme reported only 15 infections at pilot events, which can be considered to be proportional to 58,000 attendees present. These findings demonstrate there is a way to produce festivals in a COVID safe manner.

With your safety being our number one priority, we will continue collaborating with the public health authorities to ensure the necessary rules and requirements are in place at Wilderness. We’ll update you on what these are over the coming weeks. 

We've lined up a spectacular programme of music, arts, feasting, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits and family entertainment that includes Wilderness favourites and dazzling debuts, which we're excited to share on Thursday, 3rd June. 

Excitement ahead, thank you for remaining positive.

• Upvote 3

Also seen that Boomtown are planning a 4,000 capacity event, Boom Village, for local South downs national park residents. Seems as if there is increased optimism about! 

Pleasantly surprised by the latitude lineup, planning on attending-haven't been since 2012, coincidentally the same year of a good euro adventure that took in Frequency fest in Austria mentioned above.

Remember that the campsite and the arena are separated by a river; a 20-30min detour to the bridge could be avoided by some dodgy skipping stones, which naturally caused at least one of the group to fall in when sloshed. Turned out to be the Reading/Leeds of Austria, so were awoken by the neighboring school leavers' car battery sound system playing Gangnam style at 8am each morning. They were kind enough to share their supplies, so all was forgiven! 

1 hour ago, stephos83 said:

Wilderness have just confirmed their lineup is coming 3rd June:

WE'RE ON!

Following extensive consultation with the Department of Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS), we are THRILLED to confirm that Wilderness Festival is signalled to proceed in Cornbury Park this summer. 

The first round of the DCMS's hugely successful Events Research Programme reported only 15 infections at pilot events, which can be considered to be proportional to 58,000 attendees present. These findings demonstrate there is a way to produce festivals in a COVID safe manner.

With your safety being our number one priority, we will continue collaborating with the public health authorities to ensure the necessary rules and requirements are in place at Wilderness. We’ll update you on what these are over the coming weeks. 

We've lined up a spectacular programme of music, arts, feasting, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits and family entertainment that includes Wilderness favourites and dazzling debuts, which we're excited to share on Thursday, 3rd June. 

Excitement ahead, thank you for remaining positive.

Dcms consultation?? If that's the case why would others be cancelling...

3 hours ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Delighted for you mate! Can you recommend any good Austrian festivals? Prob overdue a visit anyway - I've only been to Vienna.

Edited by Homer

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thats actually amazing - as I understand it you've been quite cautious over there right? 

yes, it comes as a surprise. also football games with a full capacity will be allowed with 1st July. but for nearly everything only for following people: vaccinated, tested or recovered. also nightclubs could be possible - i think its again a political question - after cases have fallen to low levels - quite similar to the UK level - every politician wants to be the savior now - which has been a bit curious - first health minister: „We have to be very cautious in opening up“. then chancellor (different political party): „We will open up fully as soon as we can, best first step on 17st June“. then the health minister „Okay, then we will open up with first step on 11st June“. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Delighted for you mate! Can you recommend any good Austrian festivals? Prob overdue a visit anyway - I've only been to Vienna.

frequency was great when it was in Salzburg, nowadays its in St. Poelten and more a smaller version of Leeds/Reading.

Great festivals are Poolbar in Vorarlberg (Eels, My Blood Valentine, Marilyn Manson) and Acoustic Lakeside in Kärnten. The latter is really great - all acoustic at a small lake with campfire and you can shake hands with the musicians - a very very small intimate one, only some hundred people - Bonnie Prince Billy has played, also Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie, Nada Surf, Calexico, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Maximo Park, Fratellis, Ezra Furman, Heather Nova and others. but I think that the latter has already cancelled this year (but tickets are normally sold out in few hours due to the minimal capacity).

to add: festivals require vaccination, testing or recovery here. frequency programme should be rather similar to last year, but with a focus towards austrian acts. outdoor no masks will be required. but i really hope that this trend will be good for UK festivals as nothing can compare with UK festivals (after postponement of Bluedot I took the risk and  bought tickets for Parklife). The insurance problems have already cost too many festivals, also here. 

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

after postponement of Bluedot I took the risk and  bought tickets for Parklife).

I love this. They are very different vibes. 

Tram is usually the easiest way back to town and queues usually aren't too bad if you start power walking to the exit as soon as the last headliner finishes and weave through people.

Tram with queue would be about 50 minutes, walking is about an hour.

24 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I love this. They are very different vibes. 

Tram is usually the easiest way back to town and queues usually aren't too bad if you start power walking to the exit as soon as the last headliner finishes and weave through people.

Tram with queue would be about 50 minutes, walking is about an hour.

Thanks for the advice. Bluedot has been great but very muddy as it partly rained heavily cats and dogs. But I really liked the vibe. More than Frequency here, that`s for sure. The weather won`t be an issue at Parklife I think. This and that it`s one of the later ones were the reason we decided to go. We booked a Premier Inn in Manchester center. But first the festival must happen and travel restrictions must be off, otherwise at least we would have tried it as certainly we will have our second jabs by then.

3 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Also seen that Boomtown are planning a 4,000 capacity event, Boom Village, for local South downs national park residents. Seems as if there is increased optimism about! 

Pleasantly surprised by the latitude lineup, planning on attending-haven't been since 2012, coincidentally the same year of a good euro adventure that took in Frequency fest in Austria mentioned above.

Remember that the campsite and the arena are separated by a river; a 20-30min detour to the bridge could be avoided by some dodgy skipping stones, which naturally caused at least one of the group to fall in when sloshed. Turned out to be the Reading/Leeds of Austria, so were awoken by the neighboring school leavers' car battery sound system playing Gangnam style at 8am each morning. They were kind enough to share their supplies, so all was forgiven! 

There's a second bridge now...!

Ben

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Dcms consultation?? If that's the case why would others be cancelling...

Unfortunately, not all festivals are equal in this fight.

Wilderness is owned by Live Nation, which means that much like Latitude they'll have access to the data from the Liverpool events and possibly a contact or two in government.

Other festivals, especially independents, won't have the benefit of that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

The weather won`t be an issue at Parklife I think.

😬 It can be a bit muddy/mud bath but the advantage of there being no camping is that you can shower at the end of each day. 

Great fun though. Just leave the after party before 3am to make it to the next day!

18 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I have tickets for Black Deer at the end of June - cant see it happening At All. Which is making me sad.

Looks like am going straight from Cornwall to Donington then to Black Deer... delighted with that and am now confident it will happen 😀

Edited by Paul ™
  • Upvote 2