Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Both look great but I'm weekend 1 all the way! My partner needs persuading but I'm seriously tempted to just buy two tickets next week to get it locked down. I've always wanted to go and I need some shit to look forward to. Even a year away.

That's fair. Tbf it's a 6Music listeners dream with additions, I'm just not a big 6Music listener as it's not my style. But then you'd find me looking at Riot! Fest or something. Download is a festival I actually see potential in if they beef up Friday and Saturday. I'm booking the weekend off regardless as there is a lot in Europe I can see fitting in 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

An Update From Melvin
Dear Latitude friends. 

I promised to update you on the line up announcement as soon as possible and that time has come. As you will have seen from some press reports, the Government’s Event Research Programme (ERP) has been operational for much of this month and has now concluded. I produced one of the shows; The Sefton Park Pilot. It totally confirmed what was missing in my life at the moment: the joy of being in a field with like-minded people enjoying music and life. Unconfirmed reports suggest, that of the 58,000 people that attended pilot/test events, only 15 cases of infections were reported. While I cannot confirm that, I can confirm that to a very large extent, the 6,100 ticket buyers at the Sefton Park show had reported cases proportionate to those numbers despite almost every attendee being under the age profile of being offered vaccines. I believe it was a massive success and demonstrated there is a way to produce festivals in a Covid safe manner. 

You may also have just seen our exciting news that we will be running a second pilot show event for them, this time a 10,000 person camping event at Donington Park,  as part of the second phase of the ERP. I see this as confirmation that they believe in the June 21st date just as much as the Prime Minister does and just as much as I do. That’s also why I today have the confidence to talk about our new headline partner, cinch. cinch believes that Latitude can happen this year just as much as I do and to that end I will be releasing the line up tomorrow at 10am. The summer is coming. 😊

Melvin
  • Upvote 2

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/an-update-from-melvin/?utm_campaign=lat21&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=112

Latitude lineup tomorrow. Sounds positive from Melvin. I still have a feeling Latitude may be a casualty though and the August ones will go ahead. This Indian variant is going to delay thing purely due to the panic. 

6 minutes ago, Greenelk said:
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

An Update From Melvin
Dear Latitude friends. 

I promised to update you on the line up announcement as soon as possible and that time has come. As you will have seen from some press reports, the Government’s Event Research Programme (ERP) has been operational for much of this month and has now concluded. I produced one of the shows; The Sefton Park Pilot. It totally confirmed what was missing in my life at the moment: the joy of being in a field with like-minded people enjoying music and life. Unconfirmed reports suggest, that of the 58,000 people that attended pilot/test events, only 15 cases of infections were reported. While I cannot confirm that, I can confirm that to a very large extent, the 6,100 ticket buyers at the Sefton Park show had reported cases proportionate to those numbers despite almost every attendee being under the age profile of being offered vaccines. I believe it was a massive success and demonstrated there is a way to produce festivals in a Covid safe manner. 

You may also have just seen our exciting news that we will be running a second pilot show event for them, this time a 10,000 person camping event at Donington Park,  as part of the second phase of the ERP. I see this as confirmation that they believe in the June 21st date just as much as the Prime Minister does and just as much as I do. That’s also why I today have the confidence to talk about our new headline partner, cinch. cinch believes that Latitude can happen this year just as much as I do and to that end I will be releasing the line up tomorrow at 10am. The summer is coming. 😊

Melvin

You love to see it 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/an-update-from-melvin/?utm_campaign=lat21&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=112

Latitude lineup tomorrow. Sounds positive from Melvin. I still have a feeling Latitude may be a casualty though and the August ones will go ahead. This Indian variant is going to delay thing purely due to the panic. 

Presumably August = Reading and not much else - definitely not Kendal, Y not etc right? How on earth can they have a pilot on the 18th June and expect festivals like that to carry on til the results in mid July as if the insurance issue isn't hanging over their heads?

Have a feeling Reading will become the golden ticket of the summer...

I'm also wondering if this cinch partnership is to give them the money to carry on

Edited by efcfanwirral

So one of the requirements of this pilot festival is for punters to take both pre and post festivals PCR tests, yet BigFoot festival, which is on the same weekend, requires nothing off the sort and from what i can see has no additional measures at the festival than said pilot?

I dont think ill believe BigFoot is actually happening until im a few pints deep at the nearest bar once through the gates.

Bigfoot is max 4k capacity and wont have any mosh pits or big crowds really. Although how they will keep people apart remains to be seen

download melvin will probably be there with a mic encouraging the crowd to go apeshit and make it as much like a “real” festival as possible

bigfoot is really at this stage a food & drink festival that happens to have music

14 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Both look great but I'm weekend 1 all the way! My partner needs persuading but I'm seriously tempted to just buy two tickets next week to get it locked down. I've always wanted to go and I need some shit to look forward to. Even a year away.

14 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Primavera Sound is by a country mile the best festival I've ever been to.

You won't regret it!

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera Sound is by a country mile the best festival I've ever been to.

You won't regret it!

We want to do it for weekend 2 next year but not sure about commiting the money now. I imagine highly unlikely to be able to get resale tickets so going to have to miss out on that one

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We want to do it for weekend 2 next year but not sure about commiting the money now. I imagine highly unlikely to be able to get resale tickets so going to have to miss out on that one

On the contrary, Weekend 2 is very to unlikely sell out and might even be sold on the cheap nearer the time.

They will sell out Weekend 1 no problem, given most existing ticket holders will carry forward, but they'll struggle enormously shifting the 150,000 tickets for Weekend 2. 

You'll be fine.

Edited by xxialac

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On the contrary, Weekend 2 is very to unlikely sell out and might even be sold on the cheap nearer the time.

They will sell out Weekend 1 no problem, given most existing ticket holders will carry forward, but they'll struggle enormously shifting the 150,000 tickets for Weekend 2. 

You'll be fine.

Ah amazing! If we can just get to early next year with things definitely being OK, that will help 

It's also dependent on the (almost too small to mention) chance of us getting glastonbury resale tickets so if we can wait til after that time that would be even better! 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Presumably August = Reading and not much else - definitely not Kendal, Y not etc right? How on earth can they have a pilot on the 18th June and expect festivals like that to carry on til the results in mid July as if the insurance issue isn't hanging over their heads?

Have a feeling Reading will become the golden ticket of the summer...

I'm also wondering if this cinch partnership is to give them the money to carry on

Well the results from the first pilots have been pretty swift. The June pilot is to test out the camping part of the festival. You can expect initial results within 2 to 3 weeks. If you couple that with the fact after June 21st its all irrelevant if the plan goes ahead as it was meant to... you have festivals by the end of July.

My concern is that not all restrictions will be lifted June 21st so we may have to rely on the pilots to guide what happens. And you will get festivals with some pre and post testing (or vaccination certificate). 

If I was to guess right now I think the July ones wont happen. But you may we see the likes of Boardmasters go ahead. Definitely should see Leeds/reading happening... barring the Indian variant fucking us over (i dont think it will).

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well the results from the first pilots have been pretty swift. The June pilot is to test out the camping part of the festival. You can expect initial results within 2 to 3 weeks. If you couple that with the fact after June 21st its all irrelevant if the plan goes ahead as it was meant to... you have festivals by the end of July.

My concern is that not all restrictions will be lifted June 21st so we may have to rely on the pilots to guide what happens. And you will get festivals with some pre and post testing (or vaccination certificate). 

If I was to guess right now I think the July ones wont happen. But you may we see the likes of Boardmasters go ahead. Definitely should see Leeds/reading happening... barring the Indian variant fucking us over (i dont think it will).

I just assumed this was the case anyway- that events and every day life were separated, so even if social distancing is removed in pubs etc it would still rely on the pilots for events because they, apparently, pose more of a risk. Hopefully I'm interpreting it wrong but I just assumed that was the plan

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You'll be fine.

Have all existing ticket holders tickets gone to weekend one then? I was hoping to grab some weekend one tickets on Tuesday...is it likely to sell out instantly?

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah amazing! If we can just get to early next year with things definitely being OK, that will help 

It's also dependent on the (almost too small to mention) chance of us getting glastonbury resale tickets so if we can wait til after that time that would be even better! 

They often don't manage to sell 150,000 tickets so can't see how they're going to sell 300,000!

But for Weekend 1, it's going to sell out nearly straight away.

Just now, gibble said:

Have all existing ticket holders tickets gone to weekend one then? I was hoping to grab some weekend one tickets on Tuesday...is it likely to sell out instantly?

Not all but a much higher percentage. The default is also to be swapped to weekend one.

I'd get on the case if you're after weekend one.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I just assumed this was the case anyway- that events and every day life were separated, so even if social distancing is removed in pubs etc it would still rely on the pilots for events because they, apparently, pose more of a risk. Hopefully I'm interpreting it wrong but I just assumed that was the plan

i think the pilots are to test IF they are more risk. Which so far the data points to them not being. 

If the legal requirements are lifted June 21st then im not sure the government could stop them happening anyway. Maybe they licensing could be pulled I guess. 

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

Wash your mouth out!! Unless you have not been to Glastonbury.  😄 

Glastonbury is undoubtedly king daddy of the festival world but ‘best festival’ is subjective and for me, it’s not Glastonbury any more. Not denying it’s fucking awesome, mind.  

Edited by stuie