Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

What's your current instinct on likelihood of End of the Road going ahead (first week of September, c.15,000 capacity, in England, not a big financial backer), Paul?

Am still fairly confident that by the end of July/start of Aug we will have large mass gatherings being allowed, with pre-testing/vaccine certification etc in place.

Looks like there is going to be some large mass events in Portugal in late June/ early July with pre-testing, be interesting to see how they go.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Just received this email from Bigfoot, who seem to still be confident of going ahead.

I've got tickets already so really hoping they're right. Very ready to get back in a field now.

They are nothing if not positive. I guess that there is nothing legally to stop them from proceeding now (unless restrictions tighten again), so perhaps they aren't too concerned about insurance. 

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Belgium are saying 13 August bigger festivals >5.000 (not sure about max) allowed. Visitors need proof they are 'covid safe', e.g. vaccinated or have a negative test. 

Quite encouraging especially seeing as UK has 26% fully vaxed, Belgium only 9%.

To be fair the % with 1 dose (with a test for entry) should be enough to mean we can do these things here earlier - the protection doesn't seem to be that much greater for second doses just more longer term, not enough of a difference to really need to wait 

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

image.thumb.png.c1957588fbb65ea6bb28b14d5b359c8a.png

Just received this email from Bigfoot, who seem to still be confident of going ahead.

I've got tickets already so really hoping they're right. Very ready to get back in a field now.

I mean, this surely confirms its going ahead then? This festival has been working towards stage 3 of the roadmap for a while, and now that it's been confirmed and the government have stated that the stages are designed to be 'irreversible', theres not much that can prevent it from happening?*

Bar a huge outbreak or some other completely unforeseen incident*

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I mean, this surely confirms its going ahead then? This festival has been working towards stage 3 of the roadmap for a while, and now that it's been confirmed and the government have stated that the stages are designed to be 'irreversible', theres not much that can prevent it from happening?*

Either a huge outbreak, or if the infection patterns between next Monday and the 21st June don't behave as expected and that final checkpoint has to be delayed so that more people can be vaccinated or something along those lines.

Hopefully both of those things are really unlikely.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Either a huge outbreak, or if the infection patterns between next Monday and the 21st June don't behave as expected and that final checkpoint has to be delayed so that more people can be vaccinated or something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Can one of you just tell me if I should hold off buying some new festival outfits any longer or go for it? Thanks

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I've splurged on BDs tix and gigs from July onwards, so that's where my confidence is

Yeah I grabbed some Green Man the other morning and am definitely more confident about that. Just can't bring myself to get too optimistic about Bigfoot with the dates.

Think I'm spending too much time in this forum tbh...

12 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah, definitely starting to look that way. Black Deer is another interesting one - the week after but under Stage 4 (which also looks likely to happen on schedule). Both festivals now close enough that they must've committed enough cash that they're intending to see it through.

Assuming they do both happen, how smug will the people at them be? I'm still having to fight the temptation to get tickets to one or both of them despite neither being viable logistically.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, cant see it happening, these vaccines are pretty damn good! 

1 minute ago, incident said:

Yeah, definitely starting to look that way. Black Deer is another interesting one - the week after but under Stage 4 (which also looks likely to happen on schedule). Both festivals now close enough that they must've committed enough cash that they're intending to see it through.

Assuming they do both happen, how smug will the people at them be? I'm still having to fight the temptation to get tickets to one or both of them despite neither being viable logistically.

I just cant wait to see my mate who's obsessed with Primal Scream being told to calm down and respect social distancing after a full day on the beer! 

Its going to be so sweet just walking through them gates after having no hope whatsoever for the festival since the day the roadmap was announced 🙂 

13 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Yeah I grabbed some Green Man the other morning and am definitely more confident about that. Just can't bring myself to get too optimistic about Bigfoot with the dates.

Think I'm spending too much time in this forum tbh...

Just pick your threads carefully and it's all grand 🙂

On 5/11/2021 at 4:47 PM, Fish Bulb said:

Can one of you just tell me if I should hold off buying some new festival outfits any longer or go for it? Thanks

I’ve held off buying festival outfits for now and got some regular clothes instead.

ive just bought some new boots, cut off jeans and some T-shirts...........oh!

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm fond of a lot of 80s pop music, but Playground Festival swapping Kraftwerk for Culture Club is some TITP 2004-style hoodoo.

Don’t forget replacing Kelis with Razorlight. I had a ticket for the Kraftwerk and Jon Hopkins day but I’ll be asking for a refund, it can’t be easy booking a lineup at short notice at the moment but the replacements aren’t for me.