Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Surely there’s hope of festivals now … beautiful days still hasn’t sold out … just saying 🙂 

My positivity was starting to wain but it’s back now after seeing all this 😃😃😃

Last night felt surreal, like for a few hours I was in another world, away from the worries of the pandemic.

I went with some strangers I found online, then me and some girl in the group proper hit it off well together and went off on our own. We did spend some time on the dancefloor but also spent quite a lot of time just wandering around, meeting people and soaking up the atmosphere. The best thing about the night for me was just meeting new people; everyone seemed to be in such a great mood, was all very positive vibes.

There are so many things that happened that normally I'd take for granted. Confetti cannons? HELL YES. Random stranger filling up your cup with rose? HELL YES. Having proper heart to hearts with strangers in tha smoking area? HELL YES. All these little things felt great to finally do again

• Like 6
  • Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Last night felt surreal, like for a few hours I was in another world, away from the worries of the pandemic.

I went with some strangers I found online, then me and some girl in the group proper hit it off well together and went off on our own. We did spend some time on the dancefloor but also spent quite a lot of time just wandering around, meeting people and soaking up the atmosphere. The best thing about the night for me was just meeting new people; everyone seemed to be in such a great mood, was all very positive vibes.

There are so many things that happened that normally I'd take for granted. Confetti cannons? HELL YES. Random stranger filling up your cup with rose? HELL YES. Having proper heart to hearts with strangers in tha smoking area? HELL YES. All these little things felt great to finally do again

Sounds like it was an authentic experience for the scientists to analyse. Hopefully they see it as being safe for the masses! 

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

This makes me extremely happy. 

So glad you had a great time. 

Complaints:

- Security nerds really pushing everyone to leave at 11 when we still tryna vibe out

- big signs as we were leaving saying stuff like "Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines when you exit" and "Hands - Face - Space". Was a harsh slap back to reality

- not enough mandy

- no hotels room open, no afterparties

- I was NOT allowed to touch the dogs?????? 

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You lucky bugger 😂

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Complaints:

- Security nerds really pushing everyone to leave at 11 when we still tryna vibe out

- big signs as we were leaving saying stuff like "Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines when you exit" and "Hands - Face - Space". Was a harsh slap back to reality

- not enough mandy

You arent supposed to pet a service dog thats meant to be sniffing for things. Guess you should ask them to have therapy dogs available next time!. You ever pet a police attack dog? Youll lose your hand. 

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Good drugs too mate? Jealous 

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Complaints:

- not enough mandy

Glad you had a great time!! Please dont be too harsh on security yes I admit some are not great! But most of us are good we don't want to rush your evening! Its generally to do with the licensing if people are in the building past the licence hours it puts the licence for the event at risk which means they wont grant it again or they get a massive fine! 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Your house has portaloos?

😂😂 made me laugh. I think last time I was in a portaloo was Reading 2019

Its funny how something so feared by many brings back good memories in those of us who love festivals! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Complaints:

- not enough mandy

Glad you had a good time! Hotels aren't actually allowed to open for leisure except for a few exemptions until 17 May (it's self catering only until then). Probably why you struggled to get one. Must have been amazing to have a dance and be in that atmosphere though. I don't think I could do it just yet myself, but I am still jealous.

"We wanted to let you know that plans for Wilderness are well underway. Guest experience is always our number one priority, and we have been working closely with public health authorities to bring you the festival safely this summer. Wilderness will only proceed if it is deemed safe to do so by the government’s Chief Medical Officer. If the festival is unable to go ahead this summer, you will be entitled to a refund, or you may roll your tickets over to Wilderness 2022. We look forward to sharing our festival programme of arts, feasting and dining experiences, talks and debates, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits, family entertainment and music with you very soon. In the meantime, we’d like to thank you for your continued patience."

Festival not til end of August. A little ominous...

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

"We wanted to let you know that plans for Wilderness are well underway. Guest experience is always our number one priority, and we have been working closely with public health authorities to bring you the festival safely this summer. Wilderness will only proceed if it is deemed safe to do so by the government’s Chief Medical Officer. If the festival is unable to go ahead this summer, you will be entitled to a refund, or you may roll your tickets over to Wilderness 2022. We look forward to sharing our festival programme of arts, feasting and dining experiences, talks and debates, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits, family entertainment and music with you very soon. In the meantime, we’d like to thank you for your continued patience."

Festival not til end of August. A little ominous...

It's the start of August, but yes, the first less positive post they've made in a long while. And still no detail of anyone performing.