Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its certainly a start.all eyes on the sefton park data the next couple of weeks. Maybe they'll do the insurance if that one goes well?

That's my thinking too, once they know events are less likely to cancel they'll be willing to go ahead. What are the chances of events being put back on at short notice? 

Also what's the criteria for a trial to be classed as a success? No data for infections after a certain period of time? 

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Why are you down voting posts linking to articles saying the results of test events mean social distancing won't be needed?

Cause it's not gonna happen, if you think it's all going on as normal on 22nd June, your crazy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Cause it's not gonna happen, if you think it's all going on as normal on 22nd June, your crazy

Ok, you can buy me a pint at a non socially distances gig of my choice on the 22nd. 😜

Right now there's no indication it won't, the rises in cases even I thought would happen by now haven't materialised. They might do in the near future but right now the lights are lighting up green.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Ok, you can buy me a pint at a non socially distances gig of my choice on the 22nd. 😜

Right now there's no indication it won't, the rises in cases even I thought would happen by now haven't materialised. They might do in the near future but right now the lights are lighting up green.

Yup. And the telegraph have seen a copy of the report clearly from the article, so they aren't just randomly talking rubbish in this case.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Yup. And the telegraph have seen a copy of the report clearly from the article, so they aren't just randomly talking rubbish in this case.

I hope it’s true but please bear in mind that the Tories have had a shocker of a week and will have dripfed positive stories to their friends in the press ahead of the local elections. I imagine this messaging would soften after they win those.

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

You may be correct, Paul, but downvoting is just petty, IMO - much better to have a discussion with the poster, rather than playground booing (unless someone is behaving completely unacceptably, I guess).

Over the months we've had good discussions in the thread, and your contributions, as someone with a great deal of knowledge of the industry, have been really insightful. And, yes, your predictions of cancellations have largely been correct. But to have a pop at someone for posting an enthusiastic declaration of excitement that things might be able to happen this summer? You're better than that.

Ben

• Upvote 8

I don't understand the comments on here.

The test events weren't extensive and crucially the people there had all passed a lateral flow test and often these events were distanced and outdoors.

How do you conclude from these conditions that gigs can now happen without proof of having antibodies (and especially that indoor gigs can happen)?

You can't.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

You're right, apologies to @zahidf, I have removed it.

Fair play. It’s obviously an emotive subject for you. We’re all just looking for that good news that we can return to normal life and clinging on to the hope! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The test events weren't extensive and crucially the people there had all passed a lateral flow test and often these events were distanced and outdoors.

How do you conclude from these conditions that gigs can now happen without proof of having antibodies (and especially that indoor gigs can happen)?

You can't.

You can't. But the article, apparently based on the early version of the report, appears to have drawn that conclusion and arguably that's what matters for the gov. 

Despite what they say about data and not dates, I suspect they will be looking to interpret the data to fit what they want to happen.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You can't.

The article in the telegraph i posted says the interim report says that outdoor and indoor events can go ahead without social distancing. However, it does need good ventilation inside, staggered entrance and maybe masks.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You can't.

We can hope for a return to outside gigs/festivals with testing and/or vaccination though. 

Staggered entrance tends to happen naturally with most music events anyway. There's always a split between those who are there for doors opening, those who wait 20-30 mins after doors and those who rock up at the end of the support. 

The ventilation thing is key - if this is going to be a condition of opening (which has made sense to me for a long time), venues need to be working on this now to be ready for 21st June.