Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, El Scorcho said:

8F58152B-7EDB-4BF4-90E8-36659B35909A.jpeg

September does look like things are more likely. We were looking at all the shows happening that month and considering getting things booked in to offset the inevitable July cancellations of bigger festivals.

The only thing i have with this is...even if shows start to tentatively happen in July and into August, technically that still doesn't give enough confidence for anything later. Lockdowns / restrictions could be imposed at any time, especially as we move into September. If they don't underwrite that insurance there's likely to be very little of any decent size / non social distanced happening right? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 4/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, crazyfool1 said:

No issues with that 🙂 ... it’s almost guaranteed nobody wants to share with me 😀

I was going to like that (to agree with you about no issues with that) but then I thought it would be agreeing that no-one would want to share with you which I thought was mean!

I think we just set ourselves back a lot lol. first notable fest happening this weekend in the U.s ( in texas btw ) They had a health passport which had its issues. Drug and covid sniffing dogs, terrible traffic and of course no mask wearing. The event organizers had been posting photos  to their socials about mask wearing and such but thats for the camera pretty much. No pics or videos so far have anyone really doing it so its just stupid.

meanwhile in New York yesterday

BAF09424-E305-49F6-9C7B-71AE6B80C62E.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

46 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think we just set ourselves back a lot lol. first notable fest happening this weekend in the U.s ( in texas btw ) They had a health passport which had its issues. Drug and covid sniffing dogs, terrible traffic and of course no mask wearing. The event organizers had been posting photos  to their socials about mask wearing and such but thats for the camera pretty much. No pics or videos so far have anyone really doing it so its just stupid.

meanwhile in New York yesterday

BAF09424-E305-49F6-9C7B-71AE6B80C62E.jpeg

Just means it'll be a long long way off before people can travel there. I'd pretty much noted that the USA would be the last place open because they do what they want.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Just means it'll be a long long way off before people can travel there. I'd pretty much noted that the USA would be the last place open because they do what they want.

You mean cause we have states rights? Yeah I guess. Just pointing out the first bump in the road we’re going to encounter over here with festivals.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

A other one bites the dust.

2000 Trees gone this morning 

Due to take place early July

Damn bought Jimmy Eat World Manchester tickets in the foolish hope that it’d be my first gig back but judging from their announcement I guess I can expect that to get delayed to 2022 as well.

Looks like APE will be my actual first gig back... touch wood.

14 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Still surprised that Haim hasn’t been cancelled (that I’ve been made aware of) on the 18/06. 

Yeah I keep waiting on this one. I've got Glasgow tickets for 22nd June, which in theory is after places are allowed to open (in England at least). However, as most of the other dates are before this it makes it unlikely their UK tour will go ahead at all. 

Also waiting for an announcement regarding the Hella Mega Tour. 

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

39 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Also waiting for an announcement regarding the Hella Mega Tour. 

I'm guessing they'll be finalising the American dates so they can put all the dates out at once worldwide like they did with the original announcement. I had New York booked as a very extravagant trip but got that refunded just in case they ended up going ahead this year. Whether I try to go at all will be dependent on glastonbury tickets (so likely I'll be looking on twickets!) 

Though the absolute ultimate would be if it didn't clash with Glastonbury anymore...

Edited by efcfanwirral