Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

🙂 love it. Saying about Music snobs while being snobby at the same time 

I'm not being snobby. The difference is when it comes to 'indie landfill' bands on here, they and their fans are derided in a snobbish manner whereas bands like Radiohead are adored and obsessed over. Even though by all accounts when they last headlined it looked a total snooze fest.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm not being snobby. The difference is when it comes to 'indie landfill' bands on here, they and their fans are derided in a snobbish manner whereas bands like Radiohead are adored and obsessed over. Even though by all accounts when they last headlined it looked a total snooze fest.

My reply was very tongue in cheek. I hear you. I walked off from the Radiohead set and I do like them.

I understand the fandom of Radiohead though. And as for list, who doesn't like a good list

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nah. The UK fests board alone has people going wild about The Libertines etc headlining regional festivals. Plenty of people were excited about the Blossoms announcement yesterday and I only saw one mildly shitty post. This is one of the least snobby and most varied-taste music forums on the internet, for better or worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there any decent reason for festivals not to be allowed to happen? Or am i oversimplifying because I want them to happen. 

Surely with pre event testing, vaccines, summer, being outdoors, sanitiser everywhere it’s probably safer than a trip to the beach?

last summer cases were down to a handful per 100k (pre vaccination) so even with people faking tests the risk of anyone sneaking any covid in is ridiculously low to start with, and I doubt there many unvaccinated pensioners queuing up to go to Boomtown for some ket and bass. 

if it’s all based on some random varient showing up you could cancel off any overseas tickets for more defence in layers? 

28 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Is there any decent reason for festivals not to be allowed to happen? Or am i oversimplifying because I want them to happen. 

Surely with pre event testing, vaccines, summer, being outdoors, sanitiser everywhere it’s probably safer than a trip to the beach?

last summer cases were down to a handful per 100k (pre vaccination) so even with people faking tests the risk of anyone sneaking any covid in is ridiculously low to start with, and I doubt there many unvaccinated pensioners queuing up to go to Boomtown for some ket and bass. 

if it’s all based on some random varient showing up you could cancel off any overseas tickets for more defence in layers? 

I'm expecting festivals from August onwards to go ahead with some kind of weird caveat, like outdoor stages only, no big tops, etc.

And only people from your household to sleep in your tent...