Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

My chemical romance just cancelled but it was expected as that was in Kate June , new dates in May which probably means there are doing festivals too 

Their move to May for 2022 works for me - it was WAY too close to glasto this time (if we get tickets) to get down from the north and then back for the festival so if it all works out as "normal" in 2022 that'll be good for us 

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Tickets still being sold for June events that can't happen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56770590

I still have Bikini Kill booked in for 2nd June and you can still buy tickets, but surely this can only be cancelled.

Even to this hopeless enthusiast, that is bonkers!

🙂

Ben

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Tickets still being sold for June events that can't happen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56770590

I still have Bikini Kill booked in for 2nd June and you can still buy tickets, but surely this can only be cancelled.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I bought a Haim ticket relatively recently but more on the assumption that it will be moved into next year at which point tickets may be a tad harder to come by.

Yeah I’ve done the same with tickets for The National.

Stick some cash into the venue.

43 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yeah I’ve done the same with tickets for The National.

Stick some cash into the venue.

Yeah that's true. I bought the BK tickets ages ago now, I think assuming things would be fine by June, but I will still want to go when rescheduled and very happy for the Roundhouse to keep my money for now. Just find it odd that they are still selling tickets post-roadmap.

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I bought a Haim ticket relatively recently but more on the assumption that it will be moved into next year at which point tickets may be a tad harder to come by.

Yeah, I’ve been getting tickets for gigs on the presumption that they’ll be moved as a kind of saving scheme for next year.

I’ve still got numerous gigs,3 festivals and two holidays I paid for in 2019 that I haven’t gone to yet so I’m filling up 2022 with gigs I’m paying for this year.

At some stage, when I’m skint, I’ll be a year ahead of schedule in pre-paid gigs. Haha.

I notice the Hella Mega tour (Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer) is still due to go ahead with dates in London 25th June, Huddersfield the following day and Glasgow two days after that.

This is part of a bigger tour starting in Vienna on 9th June and ending on 30th of the same month in Dublin.

Quite surprising to me that this hasn't been scrapped yet given the varying levels of rules across different parts of Europe and the fact that our roadmap doesn't give the definitive green light to mass events from the 21st.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I notice the Hella Mega tour (Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer) is still due to go ahead with dates in London 25th June, Huddersfield the following day and Glasgow two days after that.

This is part of a bigger tour starting in Vienna on 9th June and ending on 30th of the same month in Dublin.

Quite surprising to me that this hasn't been scrapped yet given the varying levels of rules across different parts of Europe and the fact that our roadmap doesn't give the definitive green light to mass events from the 21st.

A lot of this is a business decision: the longer the (considerable amount) of money is in the bank the more the promoters can cream interest off the top before having people ask for refunds. They'll announce it as late as they can.

The Lady Gaga stadium tour is the same: millions of euros in the bank, meant to be happening in a matter of weeks, and absolutely won't be happening. But Live Nation insist they're still "watching the situation".

Edited by jannybruck

14 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

This is slightly more promising.

Festival Republic putting on an outdoor gig in May as a trial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

It is, but with the current landscape of cancellations, that feels too late for many/most of the festival teams to feel they can hang on, without any insurance in place. I can foresee pretty much only FR-backed events surviving for 2021...

Ben

34 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It is, but with the current landscape of cancellations, that feels too late for many/most of the festival teams to feel they can hang on, without any insurance in place. I can foresee pretty much only FR-backed events surviving for 2021...

Ben

Uncle Melvin has likely been applying the thumb screw's for this to happen.

Edited by Paul ™

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/festival-republic-joins-government-pilot-programme-with-a-live-gig-to-trial-the-safe-return-of-fans

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Oliver Dowden:

"We’re one step closer to a summer of live events now our science-led programme is underway. Testing different settings and looking at different mitigations is key to getting crowds back safely."

The irony for those of us on here watching sequential cancellation of those 'live events', eh? Still, any silver lining atm, I guess.

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I know festivals are challenging enough to put together in the best of times, but is there a chance some festivals that have cancelled/postponed could put themselves back on if the trials prove successful/the general station improves? Either that or new festivals are able to come together quickly? I seem to remember the socially distanced arena in Newcastle last year was put together quite quickly later in the summer so wasn't sure if this was a potential option