Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The roadmap explicitly says all limits on social contact will end on the 21st and all remaining businesses such as nightclubs can reopen. The only reason to *not* expect this is if you think the roadmap will get delayed for some reason.

But it doesn't, it mentions June 21st at the earliest date... along with the Event Research Programme pilot event results, which carry on into middle of somewhere.

Social contact

By Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.

Business, activities and events

We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.

Edited by Paul ™
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

But it doesn't, it mentions June 21st at the earliest date... along with the Event Research Programme pilot event results, which carry on into middle of somewhere.

Right yeah that's what I thought. Possible but far from definite. Can't hurt to sell tickets, though!

I'm not going to be in nightclub mode by end of June (those days are pretty well past for me anyway) but good for those that are that club nights are warming up.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Right yeah that's what I thought. Possible but far from definite. Can't hurt to sell tickets, though!

I'd say that nightclubs opening late June with no restrictions is pie in the sky stuff..

PS I meant to say that the test events carry on to the middle of summer, but typed somewhere, but to be honest with zero information being passed on about phase 2, the typo is probably more accurate 😁

52 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I'd say that nightclubs opening late June with no restrictions is pie in the sky stuff..

PS I meant to say that the test events carry on to the middle of summer, but typed somewhere, but to be honest with zero information being passed on about phase 2, the typo is probably more accurate 😁

They will probably open with covid passports in place, that’s my guess. Chances are you’ll need a covid passport to waive the requirement for social distancing measures, and you can’t exactly have a socially distanced nightclub. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've had a real influx of marketing emails from ticket companies lately for various events (some not until 2022). Mostly gigs and festivals, but today I got one telling me that two indie discos in London will be opening their doors on 26th June. Buy tickets now kind of thing. So there must be some level of confidence about nightclubs then? Or are they just winging it?

Yeah I've noticed that too.... loads of stuff coming through

There was a great 90s cheesefest for Sept too but we'll see 🙂

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's actually shocking that they didn't offer that in the first place for those events just by default - shows how little they either know or care about this stuff. Though if they're winging it that could mean they'll be influenced by lobbying. Hopefully some of the bigger companies put the bribes to the right people...

I think the use of the phrase "market failure" by the DCMS chair is an interesting one. That's really the only reasons conservatives would step in as they don't really tend to believe in action as the market will fix everything, so it's potentially a powerful intervention.

12 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

You *could* - if you so wished -summarise the lack of insurance as a good proxy for the level fo confidence the gov truly has in what “post June 21st” looks like.

Exactly. If the government were sure that festivals would be going ahead in July and August then the decision to underwrite the risk for the festival organisers would be an easy one.

The Purple Guide (Holy bible for events) have released another supplementary guidance briefing.

Lots of good information in it for events, and how things mighty proceed and appropriate risks that need mitigating, PDF is linked near the bottom.

Link

12 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

They will probably open with covid passports in place, that’s my guess. Chances are you’ll need a covid passport to waive the requirement for social distancing measures, and you can’t exactly have a socially distanced nightclub. 

The actual line is "a COVID certificate", i.e. anyone who has had 2 jabs, an accredited negative test or antibodies could attend these kind of events. However the media continue to spin this to "a vaccine passport" which (rightly or wrongly) is being met with very vocal opposition by certain members of the public. Putting venues (and by extension possibly festivals) in a very difficult position.

I work in Live Events and it's making it very difficult for our venues to confidently predict when (and more importantly how) we're going to start having events again. It's a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

The actual line is "a COVID certificate", i.e. anyone who has had 2 jabs, an accredited negative test or antibodies could attend these kind of events. However the media continue to spin this to "a vaccine passport" which (rightly or wrongly) is being met with very vocal opposition by certain members of the public. Putting venues (and by extension possibly festivals) in a very difficult position.

I work in Live Events and it's making it very difficult for our venues to confidently predict when (and more importantly how) we're going to start having events again. It's a nightmare.

Have you got any evidence that those who have had their first jab will still need an LFT/antibodies? 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have you got any evidence that those who have had their first jab will still need an LFT/antibodies? 

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. The "covid certificate" is what some venues and sports arenas are pushing for, and the definition I gave for the certificate is what I've heard a number of venues are keen on. 

The distinction being people could have a free negative test and therefore it not be discriminatory against those who don't want to or won't be able to get vaccinated. Also opening up a wider potential audience to events and sports etc.

I didn't mean that has been singed-off and agreed anywhere. In fact quite the opposite, which is the issue! 

EDIT: Sorry re-read your specific question. Simple answer: I believe that will be what is required, as a single jab isn't actually vaccinated, and the venues etc. will want to err on the side of caution so as to appease the Govt as much as possible. But I don't have concrete evidence no.

Edited by Fish Bulb
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

Barn on the Farm, due to go ahead in July, has cancelled this morning citing lack of appropriate government backed cancellation insurance.

I suspect there won't be many left in the diary by the end of the month unless the government acts with some urgency.

Wow we posted those at exactly the same time!!

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. The "covid certificate" is what some venues and sports arenas are pushing for, and the definition I gave for the certificate is what I've heard a number of venues are keen on. 

The distinction being people could have a free negative test and therefore it not be discriminatory against those who don't want to or won't be able to get vaccinated. Also opening up a wider potential audience to events and sports etc.

I didn't mean that has been singed-off and agreed anywhere. In fact quite the opposite, which is the issue! 

EDIT: Sorry re-read your specific question. Simple answer: I believe that will be what is required, as a single jab isn't actually vaccinated, and the venues etc. will want to err on the side of caution so as to appease the Govt as much as possible. But I don't have concrete evidence no.

Wtf?

You know nearly all the protection comes from the first jab and the second is just a booster to give longer term immunity? If someone hasn’t bothered to get the second then fair enough, but if you’re more than 3 weeks post first jab but less than the 12 weeks, there’s no reason these people should be excluded.

The government have made it very clear that true vaccine passports will not be used and young people won’t be left out. As you say, covid passports include the option of vaccine, test or antibodies 

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Wtf?

You know nearly all the protection comes from the first jab and the second is just a booster to give longer term immunity? If someone hasn’t bothered to get the second then fair enough, but if you’re more than 3 weeks post first jab but less than the 12 weeks, there’s no reason these people should be excluded.

The government have made it very clear that true vaccine passports will not be used and young people won’t be left out. As you say, covid passports include the option of vaccine, test or antibodies 

Sorry, are you asking me if I know that? 

Not sure where our wires have got crossed but I'm not making these decisions, just trying to share what I've heard... 

My main point was just that "vaccine passport" is not a term the live events industry is keen on. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

This thread used to be a positive place. Everyone is losing hope! For what it’s worth I think you are all wrong. I’m off to clean my tent.

I've got Latitude & Camper Calling tickets and I still plan on dancing in fields this summer 😁😁😁

My campervan is raring to go!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I've got Latitude & Camper Calling tickets and I still plan on dancing in fields this summer 😁😁😁

My campervan is raring to go!

That’s the spirit! 😃 None of the three I’ve got tickets for have cancelled - Noisily, Houghton, Lost Village.

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's becoming negative because things are being cancelled, hard to stay positive in the face of that!

The festivals that have cancelled have just lost their bottle. It’s all a game of how big the others balls are now. 

Such a contrast between the indies and the big hitters. Just catching up on the way home from work, within 3 tweets of each other I get Barn on the Farm cancelling and Latitude reminding that their volunteer applications are still open. Looking back on who just managed to make it happen this year will be fascinating*

Ben

*please let it be Boomtown, please let it be Boomtown, please let it be Bo....

• Like 1