Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

That'd be for up to 45,000.00 people though. At this stage, I suspect July will be a halfway house type of thing for MASSIVE stadiums 

Completely random, but your specifying of people to 2 decimal places made me think I was reading a very keen pupil's maths homework!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

True but there is also the concourse area - go to 40,000 and that's just as bad, you can't control that flow within the timeframes needed. 

If we need distancing still when you've got majority vaccinated people and all with negative tests I'm not sure how we'll ever reopen properly 

They will put barriers in place in the concourse outside all the way around with distance purchasing I imagine. I don't think we will have the majority vaccinated by 7th July but that's me. Not only that. For everyone going to that match, they need to have had the vaccine by the middle of June at the latest for the 3 weeks barrier....this in non negotiable as it's part of the terms.

I also don't think they'll get the approval, 35k at the most.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They will put barriers in place in the concourse outside all the way around with distance purchasing I imagine. I don't think we will have the majority vaccinated by 7th July but that's me. Not only that. For everyone going to that match, they need to have had the vaccine by the middle of June at the latest for the 3 weeks barrier....this in non negotiable as it's part of the terms.

I also don't think they'll get the approval, 35k at the most.

Ah so no negative test option? That would fuck festivals

Even for 35k you'd need about an hour long half time to keep the toilet trips socially distanced 😂

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah so no negative test option? That would fuck festivals

Even for 35k you'd need about an hour long half time to keep the toilet trips socially distanced 😂

Of course a negative test. But a negative doesn't stop social distancing. Which comes down to can they allow more than 22.5k in? I can see it only being every other kisok etc open as well. I'd personally let people take minimal food in with a drink and keep kisoks shut for ease.

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Welp. Over here we’re still trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat with no hope in sight. Theyre trying to keep  this on for next month. Cap is around 160k.  

Haha, they have to be mad to think they'll get that passed this early. They are still churning out a 7 day average of 65k, it's gone up by 10k in the last two weeks.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Of course a negative test. But a negative doesn't stop social distancing. Which comes down to can they allow more than 22.5k in? I can see it only being every other kisok etc open as well. I'd personally let people take minimal food in with a drink and keep kisoks shut for ease.

Haha, they have to be mad to think they'll get that passed this early. They are still churning out a 7 day average of 65k, it's gone up by 10k in the last two weeks.

Understand that states control what happens, not the feds. We’ll see.

also, if anyone wants to look at a detailed proposal click below. Its the first one ive seen for a huge event and at least helps with what others could, would or should do.

cc:

@eFestivals

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/fox5vegas.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/b1/2b1f8e5a-98a1-11eb-8fe5-f7beb6939dc8/606f86f82b1ca.pdf.pdf

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't have tickets but this is depressing news given it's so far away. Wonder if the insurance thing was an issue or just the vaccine reason? I didn't think festivals were basing their ability to go ahead on everyone being vaccinated generally. Also won't all adults be by September?

Insurance (or the lack of it) comes into it. Too much uncertainty to have confidence in upfront spending. I've updated my post above with the detail from the organisers. Sad times. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't have tickets but this is depressing news given it's so far away. Wonder if the insurance thing was an issue or just the vaccine reason? I didn't think festivals were basing their ability to go ahead on everyone being vaccinated generally. Also won't all adults be by September?

I think it was basically that without insurance, if they had to cancel late on it would bankrupt them. 

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think it was basically that without insurance, if they had to cancel late on it would bankrupt them. 

Yes, and we have to support their decision because of this, even though it's so disappointing.

May be another barren year for festivals for me.

This is so annoying now. All this talk of 45000 people for a cup semi-final, but still no support from the bunch of w*nkers in the govt for businesses in the entertainment sector.

As more festivals start to cancel, there will be massive pressure on them to step in with insurance support, which by then they 'can't' do as it will reflect so poorly that they had to let events go to the wall before doing so.

With no complacency, but just a reasonable analysis from a position of, at least, some knowledge, the coronavirus situation in the UK in mid-late summer 'will' be perfectly safe enough to allow mass gatherings. There are currently only just over 3000 patients in hospital with CV in the UK - and that's positive tests, not solely those receiving care for COVID-19. It's utter madness...

ARRRGGGHHHH

Ben 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

But retaining Patti Smith and Flaming Lips for next year, I wonder if that played a role as well. I’m sure it might have been difficult to get them over this year. But such a shame for them

Indeed. And Placebo. Amazing headliners 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Yeah. I was really looking forward to this, thinking September would be a safe bet. The decision is based on concerns that all adults won't have been vaccinated by then. 

The statement also mentioned that their local authority hadn't been given any guidance about holding large scale events by the government. That must have been a pretty big red flag, if the local authority (who grant the license) don't know what the requirements will be this close to the festival what chance have Bearded Theory got of organising something that meets said unknown requirements.

No wonder events are being cancelled, organisers don't know what the rules will be when the event is scheduled and they can't get insurance. They are facing massive unknowns with no safety net. Being realistic only an idiot or a massive gambler would arrange a large scale event in those circumstances.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

The statement also mentioned that their local authority hadn't been given any guidance about holding large scale events by the government. That must have been a pretty big red flag, if the local authority (who grant the license) don't know what the requirements will be this close to the festival what chance have Bearded Theory got of organising something that meets said unknown requirements.

No wonder events are being cancelled, organisers don't know what the rules will be when the event is scheduled and they can't get insurance. They are facing massive unknowns with no safety net. Being realistic only an idiot or a massive gambler would arrange a large scale event in those circumstances.

Edit - ignore that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is so annoying now. All this talk of 45000 people for a cup semi-final, but still no support from the bunch of w*nkers in the govt for businesses in the entertainment sector.

As more festivals start to cancel, there will be massive pressure on them to step in with insurance support, which by then they 'can't' do as it will reflect so poorly that they had to let events go to the wall before doing so.

With no complacency, but just a reasonable analysis from a position of, at least, some knowledge, the coronavirus situation in the UK in mid-late summer 'will' be perfectly safe enough to allow mass gatherings. There are currently only just over 3000 patients in hospital with CV in the UK - and that's positive tests, not solely those receiving care for COVID-19. It's utter madness...

ARRRGGGHHHH

Ben 

Remember though it's only talk. It's 22.5k agreed only at the minute and football events can do spacing much easier too than festivals can.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Remember though it's only talk. It's 22.5k agreed only at the minute and football events can do spacing much easier too than festivals can.

I get what you’re trying to say but......  How do they all get there?!! They don’t literally teleport into A socially distanced seat.  They’ll all be travelling together, in pubs together, leaving together, on the concourse together in the toilets together! 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

I get what you’re trying to say but......  How do they all get there?!! They don’t literally teleport into A socially distanced seat.  They’ll all be travelling together, in pubs together, leaving together, on the concourse together in the toilets together! 

I think things will be more strict than just the usuals of a game.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They can, but transmission outside, in a couple of months' time with the huge increase in natural and vaccinated herd immunity make that a bit of a moot point. The bottom line is that these events could easily happen safely with an incredibly small risk of significant clinical impact of CV on a population level. Especially were there to be certification (I don't support it, but I can appreciate its utility). But the Johnson administration is showing no interest in making it so...unlike Grant Shapps who is now suggesting that your two weeks in Marbella is back on...

Ben 

• Upvote 2