Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

How likely do we think these late summer events are to go ahead? Guessing it just depends who is behind it as different businesses have different risk levels/cash in the bank etc? I don't have any festivals booked but am really hoping for the outdoor New Order gig to go ahead in September!

It seems like the pervading mood about their likelihood has changed somewhat since the roadmap was announced. Not sure if that's for any good reason or not though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How likely do we think these late summer events are to go ahead? Guessing it just depends who is behind it as different businesses have different risk levels/cash in the bank etc? I don't have any festivals booked but am really hoping for the outdoor New Order gig to go ahead in September!

It seems like the pervading mood about their likelihood has changed somewhat since the roadmap was announced. Not sure if that's for any good reason or not though.

England have submitted their proposal to UEFA today.  They have said they’ll have Wembley at 50% capacity which is 45,000 people.  If they can do that then they’ll be no doubt setting a president for the same at the start of the premier league campaign (minimum).  If they’ll allowing 25-40,000 people to do that weekly (from mid August) I can’t see why Festivals which are predominantly outdoors can’t happen

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think they’ll get the go ahead but all attendees will need one or more of the following:

- Be fully vaccinated, i.e. two doses of Pfizer, Moderna, AZ or Novavax, or have had a single dose of J&J at least three weeks ago 

- One dose more than three weeks ago and awaiting second dose

- Negative LFT in the previous 72 hours

- Positive covid-19 test in the past 6 months 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think they’ll get the go ahead but all attendees will need one or more of the following:

- Be fully vaccinated, i.e. two doses of Pfizer, Moderna, AZ or Novavax, or have had a single dose of J&J at least three weeks ago 

Theyll still cry this is too much just to walk into the gates. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

England have submitted their proposal to UEFA today.  They have said they’ll have Wembley at 50% capacity which is 45,000 people.  If they can do that then they’ll be no doubt setting a president for the same at the start of the premier league campaign (minimum).  If they’ll allowing 25-40,000 people to do that weekly (from mid August) I can’t see why Festivals which are predominantly outdoors can’t happen

What's the score for the final please? I've got a ticket (but I don't like to mention it).

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I saw Neil Ferguson on TV last week. He said that we would be back to normal by summer, he even said no masks. He said the only ongoing problem would be foreign travel.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think they’ll happen from July, as sporting events, with conditions and I think @Fuzzy Afro is about right. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is the key one. I don't think anyone that can have this will get in without it and means everyone would have to have it surely or you are telling people with tickets and a running event that they can't go.
By this token I think it rules the first one out. I don't believe any event with that many people or more so will run without that first option being ticked.

I think 72 hours will be too long. You will need this within 24 hours I believe, specially as it takes 30 minutes to get.

I'm unsure how having a positive covid test in the last 6 months helps? You can't get it twice can't you?, well people have.

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is the key one. I don't think anyone that can have this will get in without it and means everyone would have to have it surely or you are telling people with tickets and a running event that they can't go.
By this token I think it rules the first one out. I don't believe any event with that many people or more so will run without that first option being ticked.

I think 72 hours will be too long. You will need this within 24 hours I believe, specially as it takes 30 minutes to get.

I'm unsure how having a positive covid test in the last 6 months helps? You can't get it twice can't you?, well people have.

Highly unlikely to get it twice in quick succession 

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Rapid tests have a higher margin of error so one that takes longer to process is much more desirable even though its a little less efficient. And most people should or would have enough sense to restrict contacts and such leading up to and after the test. What happens if you get an inconclusive via rapid? They treat you like a positive and thats it. There is one festival ( so far ) stateside that is being very lenient and asking for a negative test within the last 7 days. It sets a bad precedent because you can take it exactly a week before the event, have a negative result and then show up at the gates and potentially be positive and asymptomatic but never know it cause you took advantage of the longer timeline. Then you come home, test positive and wonder how you got it. You wouldnt be able to blame the event either cause theres likely a covid waiver you acknowledged to follow by entering the festivals premises.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Rapid tests have a higher margin of error so one that takes longer to process is much more desirable even though its a little less efficient. And most people should or would have enough sense to restrict contacts and such leading up to and after the test. What happens if you get an inconclusive via rapid? They treat you like a positive and thats it. There is one festival ( so far ) stateside that is being very lenient and asking for a negative test within the last 7 days. It sets a bad precedent because you can take it exactly a week before the event, have a negative result and then show up at the gates and potentially be positive and asymptomatic but never know it cause you took advantage of the longer timeline. Then you come home, test positive and wonder how you got it. You wouldnt be able to blame the event either cause theres likely a covid waiver you acknowledged to follow by entering the festivals premises.

Where is it stateside? and they have heightened numbers recently too by a bit.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sadly, I'd be surprised if any festivals go ahead in July. All of a sudden it seems really close! Certainly too close for comfort, with vaccine the first dose rollout delays and uncertainty.

Are there any fests lined up for July?

2000 Trees, Truck and a few other smaller ones. Very worried for them!

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

2000 Trees, Truck and a few other smaller ones. Very worried for them!

I see that Truck is literally about to announce their lineup. There must be some real concerns behind the scenes. 

We've come so far in the last three months so anything is possible, I guess. Fingers crossed for everyone. 

23 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Still capacity limits at Wembley in July....

Can someone explain why restrictions are lifted on June 21 but there is still capacity limits on events like this? That has to be an indication of where this is headed for festivals? 

Pardon my ignorance but is it significantly worse if there are 10,000 vaccinated/negative punters or 100,000?