Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

41 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Cornbury festival postponed until 2022 as of today.

I'm confused, I thought they'd initially announced the festival with social distancing restrictions in place to allow it to happen? Or is it an insurance/performers issue?

Edited by Chapple12345

5 minutes ago, km9 said:

Could you post the time when it's on? I'll catch up on BBC sounds a bit later, bit busy with kids breakfasts at the mo. Thanks.

It's not been on yet but if you tube in now you should still hear it. I will post the time it's on the programme is today. It's on now8.20wuth Melvin Benn and anou the Albert hall it seems to be about vacine passports or certificates as they're being called.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not been on yet but if you tube in now you should still hear it. I will post the time it's on the programme is today. It's on now8.20wuth Melvin Benn and anou the Albert hall it seems to be about vacine passports or certificates as they're being called.

Thanks 

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Melvin confirming that s hisplsan is new.

Yeah, BBC had an article on it earlier this week. I mean the only other bit  on that front is that No. 10 was trying to work it out with the industry and such.

Stateside it came up a couple days ago that LN and AEG were working on one together and that smaller promoters dont like that they are being put aside while a new standard is being created without them. Its going to have to come up really quick as in California for example is going to allow attendees for indoor sporting events ( which aeg mostly controls arenas in the u.s ) and they either need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test. Thats without an announcement on how thats going to be done if you buy tickets. Theyve got a couple weeks to roll it out.

17 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm confused, I thought they'd initially announced the festival with social distancing restrictions in place to allow it to happen? Or is it an insurance/performers issue?

The email says they cant gaurantee their usual standard of expectations and with no insurance in place if it had to be cancelled at last minute they can't take that risk.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, BBC had an article on it earlier this week. I mean the only other bit  on that front is that No. 10 was trying to work it out with the industry and such.

Stateside it came up a couple days ago that LN and AEG were working on one together and that smaller promoters dont like that they are being put aside while a new standard is being created without them. Its going to have to come up really quick as in California for example is going to allow attendees for indoor sporting events ( which aeg mostly controls arenas in the u.s ) and they either need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test. Thats without an announcement on how thats going to be done if you buy tickets. Theyve got a couple weeks to roll it out.

The government is going to do the vaccine passports to the satisfaction of the EU as the main point of them is to allow Brits to go on holiday in n Europe  if they exist anyway they might as well be utilised internally when they can provide a Benefit.

50 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The government is going to do the vaccine passports to the satisfaction of the EU as the main point of them is to allow Brits to go on holiday in n Europe  if they exist anyway they might as well be utilised internally when they can provide a Benefit.

My argument would be, internally, by say, mid-July on current domestic trajectory, what is that 'benefit'? Any perceived safety benefit will be cosmetic at best and highly scientifically questionable at worst. 

Vaccine passports for being able to travel across borders where infection and vaccination rates may differ hugely from your own country? Sensible. 

Vaccine passports to be allowed to move and mingle within your own borders? Utterly pointless. 

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

My argument would be, internally, by say, mid-July on current domestic trajectory, what is that 'benefit'?

Pubs nightclubs festies where the riskmof lotdt's of people close together can be reduced.

Any perceived safety benefit will be cosmetic at best and highly scientifically questionable at worst. 

Neither of those would be true.theres now some good research on how well vacciness are working at stopping  infections within care homes

Vaccine passports for being able to travel across borders where infection and vaccination rates may differ hugely from your own country? Sensible. 

Vaccine passports to be allowed to move and mingle within your own borders? Utterly pointless. 

Ben

More point than anti covid measures in hospitals which have been a failure.

The point is that by mid-July there will be no justifiable 'need' to restrict activity for people being close together, any more than for any other infectious disease. We will not achieve zero COVID anymore than we will achieve zero any other infection. By mid-summer, the risk on a population level in terms of quantitative and qualitative impact on the NHS 'should' be negligible compared to, say, sepsis. 

Therefore, no justification. And anti-COVID measures in hospital cannot be described simply as 'a failure'. In the initial stages of the pandemic, we were shit. Now, we're not. Trust me, I spend all day every day making sure that we're not...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The point is that by mid-July there will be no justifiable 'need' to restrict activity for people being close together, any more than for any other infectious disease. We will not achieve zero COVID anymore than we will achieve zero any other infection. By mid-summer, the risk on a population level in terms of quantitative and qualitative impact on the NHS 'should' be negligible compared to, say, sepsis. 

If the number of infections within society are allowed to grow again then the risk of the NHS being over whelmed returns

TAnd anti-COVID measures in hospital cannot be described simply as 'a failure'.

In january 40% of covid infections were acquired within hospitals that's an NHS stat recently made public. So the measures loads iof sanitising loads of ppe endless gloves and aprons mass testing of patients and staff were failing.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/over-450-people-a-day-caught-covid-in-hospitals-during-january/7029404.article

In the initial stages of the pandemic, we were shit. Now, we're not. Trust me, I spend all day every day making sure that we're not...

Ben

The stats prove hospitals were shit. Right up until recently

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

My argument would be, internally, by say, mid-July on current domestic trajectory, what is that 'benefit'? Any perceived safety benefit will be cosmetic at best and highly scientifically questionable at worst. 

As they're being mooted mostly for indoor places the benefit is allowing access to indoor places in weaver watt than would otherwise be the case and not scientifically aquestiosble there's plenty of science to back up the limited effectiveness of vaccines and that transmission happens easier in enclosed spaces.getting life back to more normal isn't pointless. Were all desperate to get back to normal if we can. And this would help us take a bg step we can't safely take otherwise.

Ben

Ben

You're saying what I'm thinking. If they don't bring in vaccine passports until everyone (or at least all adults) has been offered a jab, and if uptake remains high, there's not much point using them domestically. We should have enough people jabbed to reach herd immunity.

Completely understand if they're brought in for international travel. It's going to be years before the virus is suppressed globally, so proving your vax status to get into a country (and avoid quarantine when returning to UK) makes sense.

Edited by Simsy
  • Upvote 1