Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, gibble said:

It states in the article that you would need to prove you were either covid free or vaccinated. 

Yeah I spotted that earlier too! The actual article doesn’t seem to say what the headline states at all. Benn even says he hopes there are no restrictions.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

It appears that there is already a well-designed and functional secure digital platform in the US, that could provide the necessary framework for 'vaccine passports'.

So, you may be absolutely assured that the UK contract will go to one of the cabinet's bessie mates, be an utter fuck up, and be in no way fit for purpose come Reading*.

Ben

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It appears that there is already a well-designed and functional secure digital platform in the US, that could provide the necessary framework for 'vaccine passports'.

So, you may be absolutely assured that the UK contract will go to one of the cabinet's bessie mates, be an utter fuck up, and be in no way fit for purpose come Reading*.

Ben

You forgot the bit where all of your data gets a) sold to the highest bidder or b) gets used in Cummings' think tank's social control models...

33 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

There is already a lawyer that is trying to fight the Excelsior pass cause of some holes in their tos. Not shocking but there is going to be room for improvement on that front. I said it a while ago that privacy is going to be the thing they gotta get through to make it all work.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know they are moving it to next year, I mean to later this summer.

Sorry im a proper luddite. Have been trying to copy email but it basically says they cannot gaurantee presenting the BST experience people would expect within current guidlines so they feel its safer to let performers and staff  to plan alternatives for this year.

Dont know if it could have snything to do with pearl jam and nile rogers being American so travelling and tours etc not easy to plan this year? Nile was supporting Duran Duran.

Just now, danmarks said:

Sorry im a proper luddite. Have been trying to copy email but it basically says they cannot gaurantee presenting the BST experience people would expect within current guidlines so they feel its safer to let performers and staff  to plan alternatives for this year.

Dont know if it could have snything to do with pearl jam and nile rogers being American so travelling and tours etc not easy to plan this year? Nile was supporting Duran Duran.

I actually got the email as well (I don't have tickets for this year but am still signed up from previous years) so don't worry!

Definitely the international nature of the acts would have an impact. I read the rest of the email as mainly waffle really.

Thought I might as well post it for others:

AN UPDATE ON BST HYDE PARK 2021

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that BST Hyde Park will not take place in July 2021.

We are however happy to share that Duran Duran and Pearl Jam will go ahead in July 2022.

Pearl Jam will take place on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th July 2022. Friday 8th will feature special guests Pixies, whilst Saturday 9th July will welcome a new guest artist to be announced - as well as full supporting lineups.

Duran Duran will take place on Sunday 10th July 2022 and will be rejoined by their incredible guest - Nile Rodgers & CHIC, with further acts to be confirmed soon.

All tickets remain valid for the scheduled 2022 dates. You will be directly contacted by the ticket agent you purchased from with full details, including refund information if you are no longer able to attend the rescheduled dates. If you have not been contacted about a refund by your ticket agent by Friday 30th April, please get in touch with them directly.

Following our review of the most recent government advice, the latest timeline means that we are unable to deliver with certainty the quality BST Hyde Park is known for in the time available. By making this decision at this stage we allow artists, crew, fans and everyone that comes together to help create these shows to plan accordingly.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the NHS and all the incredible organisations and individuals who have been working tirelessly in these past twelve months to keep the country safe. Your efforts are enormously appreciated.

Team BST x

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't realise the date was quite so soon after 21st June actually. Guess that is cutting things very fine.

Anything in July is cutting it fine IMO. 

There's going to be a few more falling before long too.

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

I think that’s it exactly. Whilst by July a huge proportion of the UK population will be vaccinated, the pandemic will still be in full flow elsewhere, and international travel into the UK will likely still be limited. I expect the vast majority of UK festival acts this year will be UK/EU based.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thought I might as well post it for others:

AN UPDATE ON BST HYDE PARK 2021

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that BST Hyde Park will not take place in July 2021.

We are however happy to share that Duran Duran and Pearl Jam will go ahead in July 2022.

Pearl Jam will take place on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th July 2022. Friday 8th will feature special guests Pixies, whilst Saturday 9th July will welcome a new guest artist to be announced - as well as full supporting lineups.

Duran Duran will take place on Sunday 10th July 2022 and will be rejoined by their incredible guest - Nile Rodgers & CHIC, with further acts to be confirmed soon.

All tickets remain valid for the scheduled 2022 dates. You will be directly contacted by the ticket agent you purchased from with full details, including refund information if you are no longer able to attend the rescheduled dates. If you have not been contacted about a refund by your ticket agent by Friday 30th April, please get in touch with them directly.

Following our review of the most recent government advice, the latest timeline means that we are unable to deliver with certainty the quality BST Hyde Park is known for in the time available. By making this decision at this stage we allow artists, crew, fans and everyone that comes together to help create these shows to plan accordingly.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the NHS and all the incredible organisations and individuals who have been working tirelessly in these past twelve months to keep the country safe. Your efforts are enormously appreciated.

Team BST x

A little similar to Glasto in that it would take a while to set up in Hyde Park and hard to do if they are doing it during restrictions?