Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The pyamid was secially designed for putting up and taking down i chatted withe guy who designed it years ago arround the time it was built. No idea how long it taks

All I know is that it normally takes much longer than a day when watching on the webcam.

I've no idea why it takes quite so long and it seems that surely they could speed it up, but one day seems way off, considering they took a lot longer than a week in 2010:

https://youtu.be/lHyILp09jnc

I would have used a more recent video, but the new webcam doesn't have a timestamp.

19 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah I thought I heard something mentioned years ago about planning permission for it... never seen it down though in person or even a photo of it 'missing'.

Guess the council don't bother too much about it now? Or is there planning permission in place for it to stay up 365 days a year?

Not certain on this, but I think the last time it was down was part of the time between the 05 and 07 festivals as that's when the council kicked up a fuss about it. The current licence structure allows the frame to stay up year round.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Not certain on this, but I think the last time it was down was part of the time between the 05 and 07 festivals as that's when the council kicked up a fuss about it. The current licence structure allows the frame to stay up year round.

Cheers, wonder if there are any photos of that time it wasn't there... would look weird now I reckon! 

I think assembling the pyramid stage requires more heavy crane lifts and work at heights than most modern stage designs. So it's probably preferable just to leave the frame up.

The stage is such an icon it has to be part of any September show, even if the video screens etc are downscaled. Would likely include a broadcast deal with BBC so TV viewers to think of as well. 

Maybe deposit holders might be offered a choice of September event or keep tickets for next year. Could do with a few tickets freeing up for sale.

Think I remember them setting up the stage early a few years back to host some farm awards event.

Edited by I am Jon
Extra info

15 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Basically yeah. It's a bit of a weird one really. Going to dive in tomorrow I think when they have a streamed show happening as well.

6music until midday:

"Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie present highlights from 6 Music Festivals past and present"

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You could sense her commitment and enthusiasm just listening to her. Great spirit. 

Yeah, was great to see the clips of a full festival with people relaxing and enjoying themselves.

After listening to her passion I found myself rooting for the festival even though it’s not really my sort of music.

32 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah I posted it in the shit thread, shame our own Government are months behind with this scale of trial events.

Ah fair, not in the mood for that thread today! And yes I agree, hopefully we can benefit from their research though! 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Ah fair, not in the mood for that thread today! And yes I agree, hopefully we can benefit from their research though! 

It’s a positive peacefull day in there today ... page 3000 has been hit and it’s much better to have that thread not derailed 🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Watched Dry Cleaning earlier and it felt like her vocals were a little low in the mix? Great noise though. Will watch Laura Marling next.

Watching this now and I kind of agree, although still enjoying it. I think they're really cool, would love to see them live for real. Band sound a lot heavier than I'd expected from hearing them on the radio! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Watching this now and I kind of agree, although still enjoying it. I think they're really cool, would love to see them live for real. Band sound a lot heavier than I'd expected from hearing them on the radio! 

Also really enjoyed BCNR. Another one I'd love to see live! Bicep sounding great too, but I never find that kind of thing translates so well to just watching at home.

Will probably check into it a bit more over the coming week, presuming it's up for a bit longer. 

I still do wish they'd done it for real later in the year, though. Would have been a great weekend.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also really enjoyed BCNR. Another one I'd love to see live! Bicep sounding great too, but I never find that kind of thing translates so well to just watching at home.

Will probably check into it a bit more over the coming week, presuming it's up for a bit longer. 

I still do wish they'd done it for real later in the year, though. Would have been a great weekend.

I’d agree. I can’t click with BCNR but enjoyed Working Men’s Club. Made me miss live gigs!

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I’ve a BCNR gig 25th June ticket - still just hoping it’s on, it was sold as a socially distanced gig but now I wonder if it can be more than that. 

53 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’d agree. I can’t click with BCNR but enjoyed Working Men’s Club. Made me miss live gigs!

Yeah that's the problem with these things. I enjoy them, but then I start getting a bit bummed out! Watched the beginning of WMC and will come back to it I think as seeing them in September supporting New Order (hopefully!). Liked what I saw so far! 

44 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ve a BCNR gig 25th June ticket - still just hoping it’s on, it was sold as a socially distanced gig but now I wonder if it can be more than that. 

Fingers crossed for you!

I still have a non socially distanced gig booked for 2nd June (Bikini Kill) but just can't see at the moment (obviously that is before the 21st, though). Surprised it's not been cancelled yet. 

13 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's the problem with these things. I enjoy them, but then I start getting a bit bummed out! Watched the beginning of WMC and will come back to it I think as seeing them in September supporting New Order (hopefully!). Liked what I saw so far! 

Fingers crossed for you!

I still have a non socially distanced gig booked for 2nd June (Bikini Kill) but just can't see at the moment (obviously that is before the 21st, though). Surprised it's not been cancelled yet. 

Yes, I knew I shouldn't have said anything, although I have had no notification from the ticket agency, I see on a couple of other ticket sites the gig is cancelled! They're playing a much bigger venue at the end of the year but that doesn't appeal nearly as much.

I'm determined to get to a gig as soon as possible, my bar is set quite low as to what that might be.