Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Love Saves the Day just posted saying they sold 15,000 tickets in 5 minutes this morning. Crazy! Glad I had mine sorted back at the end of 2019.

Interestingly they've soft limited the capacity for now, but are opening a deposit scheme for the other however many thousand tickets. You put down 25% of the ticket value and then if the Government give the go ahead for full capacity events in June then you get the ticket. 

Edited by Zacko

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

The roadmen/chav types were out in full force that year!

Not necessarily a bad thing. It’s the youngsters who haven’t yet learned that they aren’t the only ones at the festival and leave their crap everywhere. Lots of lovely roadmen/chavs that are plenty considerate of others and their surroundings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not necessarily a bad thing. It’s the youngsters who haven’t yet learned that they aren’t the only ones at the festival and leave their crap everywhere. Lots of lovely roadmen/chavs that are plenty considerate of others and their surroundings.

Yeah if you wanna wear a bucket hat and a man bag that’s fine by me. I was really showing my age when I yelled at a group of teenagers to stop pushing in the queue for the job centre. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

The Boomtown thread chat suggests a drop in numbers (as implied by BT in comms last year when they indicated it would be a more 'intimate' vibe), but I don't think it's a halving. Something like 60k total on site dropping to 48k. And I can't envisage a massive drop in punter profile, given that it sold out so quickly. Surely most of those would be people who have been before, which would include a pro rata number of 'wrong 'uns'!

Ben

48 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Love Saves the Day just posted saying they sold 15,000 tickets in 5 minutes this morning. Crazy! Glad I had mine sorted back at the end of 2019.

Interestingly they've soft limited the capacity for now, but are opening a deposit scheme for the other however many thousand tickets. You put down 25% of the ticket value and then if the Government give the go ahead for full capacity events in June then you get the ticket. 

Yeah I missed out on tickets unfortunately, tempted by the deposit thing tomorrow though. Don't see why we should have full capacity in September.

21 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Yeah if you wanna wear a bucket hat and a man bag that’s fine by me. I was really showing my age when I yelled at a group of teenagers to stop pushing in the queue for the job centre. 

I gave up judging folk by their attire long ago. It leads to many wrong conclusions, both ways.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Guys, have I missed something - how/why is this new Bigfoot Festival planning to go ahead on 18th June, before the proposed end of restrictions?

Is there something in the ‘roadmap’ that might allow events before this date?

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Guys, have I missed something - how/why is this new Bigfoot Festival planning to go ahead on 18th June, before the proposed end of restrictions?

Is there something in the ‘roadmap’ that might allow events before this date?

Thanks 

Outdoor events are allowed up to 4,000 people / 50% of capacity (whichever is lower) at Step 3 (likely May 17th).

So if they've got enough space for 8,000+ then they can theoretically run a 4,000 capacity event under the rules. No idea whether they'll actually be able to pull it off though.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Outdoor events are allowed up to 4,000 people / 50% of capacity (whichever is lower) at Step 3 (likely May 17th).

So if they've got enough space for 8,000+ then they can theoretically run a 4,000 capacity event under the rules. No idea whether they'll actually be able to pull it off though.

Ah i see. Thanks for answering! 

4 minutes ago, incident said:

This, and also it's possible it's one of those pilot events

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Might not be a festival but I've just bought tickets for New Order and Hot Chip at Heaton Park and I am really excited at the prospect of live music in a field even as far away as September! Miss that ticket buying rush.

Thinking of doing the same actually but keep getting the fear it won’t happen 🙃

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ModernMan said:

Thinking of doing the same actually but keep getting the fear it won’t happen 🙃

I figured that if it doesn't happen then no harm done really. Postponement or cancellation and money back. We have relatives up near there so going with them and making a weekend of it (hopefully!). Should be a great gig. Just keep thinking about dancing to those songs in a field 🙂

Decent price for the line-up too I reckon. Starts at 4pm so should be longer sets. I'd take anything right now though!

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I figured that if it doesn't happen then no harm done really. Postponement or cancellation and money back. We have relatives up near there so going with them and making a weekend of it (hopefully!). Should be a great gig. Just keep thinking about dancing to those songs in a field 🙂

Decent price for the line-up too I reckon. Starts at 4pm so should be longer sets. I'd take anything right now though!

Have you listened to Working Men's Club? Another good one on that lineup 

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s the thing I don’t get with a lot of my mates reluctance. With most/all of these festivals, it’s either roll over or money back. If it doesn’t happen you can’t lose... but if it does happen and you don’t have a ticket, we’ll then you’re screwed for another year of live music. 

My thoughts exactly - win win really whatever happens. Worst case its a free festival summer next year and helping our favourites to continue to exist.