Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good advice, I’ve started using a credit rather than a debit card for paying flights, gigs etc. 

I used to use my debit card for online purchases for my own stuff as my credit card was a joint one with my husband so we only tended to use it for joint stuff.  Then my debit card was used fraudulently and my bank advised a personal credit card which has a direct debit to pay it from my debit card.  They seemed to suggest a credit card was safer than a debit. 

Sorry, that's much more boring than I thought it was going to be when I started this post.  

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Remember the Bloom festival. First one was good but second was crap. Relented on tickets to number three until they did a massive deal and slashed prices, so we all bought them and they folded a few days later and kept everyone's money.

Same thing happened to us with Wheels and Fins. I’d got the tickets for me and several mates and stupidly used debit card. We simply became unpeferential creditors of the festival and lost hundreds! 

lesson learnt! 

p.s. they were doing dodgy stuff in their dying days like 50% off ticket deals when they knew they would not be able to hold the event! 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Same thing happened to us with Wheels and Fins. I’d got the tickets for me and several mates and stupidly used debit card. We simply became unpeferential creditors of the festival and lost hundreds! 

lesson learnt! 

p.s. they were doing dodgy stuff in their dying days like 50% off ticket deals when they knew they would not be able to hold the event! 

Fucxing hell, I almost got a ticket to W and Fs! The drum and bass-heavy day IIRC. Maybe karma was looking after me!

It might have been posted in here already and I've missed it but I saw this in the R&L forum, quite interesting how they're planning to test anyone not vaccinated

5 hours ago, K2001 said:

This gives me fairly good confidence of the festival happening tbh, fingers crossed 

279998F6-C819-411A-B1A3-D4B556F4A656.jpeg

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Fucxing hell, I almost got a ticket to W and Fs! The drum and bass-heavy day IIRC. Maybe karma was looking after me!

Yes you was lucky! 

We’d had a couple of good years before so wasn’t at all concerned then bang! 😂

We finally pulled the trigger on Love International earlier.

Two of us just bought tickets and then the dominos fell and everyone else got on board, thank god. It still might not go ahead of course, but good to have something in the bag, as it's essentially a holiday too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It might have been posted in here already and I've missed it but I saw this in the R&L forum, quite interesting how they're planning to test anyone not vaccinated

They have to keep complying with whatever guidance the government is setting forth and you assume theyre anticipating lots of under 18’s to not have the vaccine.  I think its good that they are preparing for different scenarios and everything but Im sure more specifics will come eventually. Using a passport thats unique to the event seems like a viable option for privacy concerns and most festivals have apps anyway so they just have to change a few things to make it function. Lots of festivals require activation of your wristband because of the RFID chip embedded in there so most people will be comfortable with it anyway. 

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

Two of us just bought tickets and then the dominos fell and everyone else got on board, thank god. It still might not go ahead of course, but good to have something in the bag, as it's essentially a holiday too. 

Had originally planned to go but ended up with Beat-Herder tickets which is on the same weekend, so now looking at potentially going to Dimensions. Just a little worried with how early it is (1st-5th July) 

I’ve found a Barclaycard Pre-sale for Download Festival. As we’ve all been chatting about using credit cards, to buy tickets; I’ve put the link up on the, ticket link, thread. You can find it on Ticketmaster, as well.

14 hours ago, Homer said:

Not sure where to put this; some info I found about how the Bimble Inn have acquired some land and are running 'off grid holidays'. Camping, glamping, lodges, etc by the look of it. Also says they have an area for people who like to have a bit of a party.

https://www.aldridgemill.com/

This looks fantastic 😍

15 hours ago, Homer said:

Not sure where to put this; some info I found about how the Bimble Inn have acquired some land and are running 'off grid holidays'. Camping, glamping, lodges, etc by the look of it. Also says they have an area for people who like to have a bit of a party.

https://www.aldridgemill.com/

My god, that looks idyllic. I wish I could transport myself there in an instant.

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

This tweet might be of use to some looking to book festival tickets this year 

I'm thinking either Wilderness, Green Man or Love Supreme (which isn't in the twitter thread and dangerously close to June 21st)

12 hours ago, Zacko said:

You will have an absolute ball if it goes ahead. 
A group of 30 of us went in 2018 due to Glasto fallow. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions. 

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1614684044638.jpg

I really hope they're able to get FKA Twigs back, and that she continues with her pole dancing/sword routine set! I find myself watching the Jools Holland performance and Cellophane music vid a lot

22 minutes ago, skipper23 said:

Yeah, we're thinking wilderness too, anyone been? Looks more like a see 1 or 2 acts a day and do a bit of bimbling and chilling. Assume it is a campsite festival where you can't take booze round as you walk? 

Officially you can't take booze in to the arena. Checks between family camping and the arena have not been thorough in the past though. Not sure if this has also been the case for general camping.

7 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

93910356-312B-46FA-8163-6DE8F8B1870C.jpeg

Great decision.

My Bestival days tell me that September on IoW can be glorious but expect the mother of all thunderstorms to show up at some point!