Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I have tickets for Boomtown, Lost Village and Beat-herder with just 1 still having any tickets on sale (Beat-herder and they're expecting to sell out today)

I knew there'd be a flurry of demand following the announcement, but not quite at this level. Absolutely fantastic to see and hopefully it means a few festivals can generate a bit of money this year to keep them going!

Ah is Lost Village sold out out too? Another one I was looking at.

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The debate surrounding prior testing or lateral flow tests at the gate will run but it's a major headache for promoters. This piece below is taken from a report this morning on the BBC news site on nightclubs:

But Luke Laws, operations director at London nightclub Fabric, says that doing lateral flow testing on the door would be a logistical nightmare.

He calculates that if a full capacity crowd - Fabric can hold 2,000 punters - had to wait in a socially distanced queue outside the club, the line would stretch 1.7 miles from the club in Farringdon all the way to Covent Garden.

And then there is actually doing the test if, by the time clubs reopen, it is a requirement for entry. Where will clubbers wait for the results? Who will administer it? And who will pay for the tests?

And that's Fabric worrying, where the queues are notoriously slow already as it's like getting into Fort Knox.

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The debate surrounding prior testing or lateral flow tests at the gate will run but it's a major headache for promoters. This piece below is taken from a report this morning on the BBC news site on nightclubs:

But Luke Laws, operations director at London nightclub Fabric, says that doing lateral flow testing on the door would be a logistical nightmare.

He calculates that if a full capacity crowd - Fabric can hold 2,000 punters - had to wait in a socially distanced queue outside the club, the line would stretch 1.7 miles from the club in Farringdon all the way to Covent Garden.

And then there is actually doing the test if, by the time clubs reopen, it is a requirement for entry. Where will clubbers wait for the results? Who will administer it? And who will pay for the tests?

But that quote relates to tests at the gate. No one is suggesting that.

Pretty much everyone is suggesting prior testing. Same as the airports today.

Plus social distancing will have ended by the times mass events are allowed.

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Exactly. Or screenshot of a QR code? The guys on the gates want to get people through. They ain't gonna scrutinise something like a screenshot cf. genuine page on the app!

Ben

The gate staff don't need to know anything about the specifics. Any festivals that use ticket scanners (which is probably a majority at this stage), could use an airline style online check-in system. If the ticket hasn't been "checked in" in the days prior to arrival, ie either attached to a vaccine record or a negative test or whatever other criteria, then it won't scan at the gate.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

How do you do prior testing for every club in the U.K? It would be a huge undertaking. 

3 minutes ago, zero000 said:

How do you do prior testing for every club in the U.K? It would be a huge undertaking. 

Easy. It's done at the individual level not at the club level.

The individual wants to go to the club. 

The individual passes by Boots the day before to get a quick test done.

They now have e.g. a 72 hours events pass which they show at the door.

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Tbh government plan for opening up 21 June is not based on prior testing or LFT at the gate. It's dependant on the vaccination programme, coupled with the current distancing measures, driving the quantity of circulating virus to a significantly small and manageable level.

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Tbh government plan for opening up 21 June is not based on prior testing or LFT at the gate. It's dependant on the vaccination programme, coupled with the current distancing measures, driving the quantity of circulating virus to a significantly small and manageable level.

That's not how I understand it.

Plan for 21 June is:

- no social distancing EXCEPT for mass events or close proximity events where testing will still be needed.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Sorry, let me rephrase that.

No Covid rules/laws from June 21 except that mass events or close proximity events will need tests.

The OP dismissed the need for tests. 

it's not even a certainty they'll need tests.

Whether they do will be decided, I believe, via some trial events carried out before 21st June in order to inform what will happen from 21st June.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sorry, let me rephrase that.

No Covid rules/laws from June 21 except that mass events or close proximity events will need tests.

The OP dismissed the need for tests. 

That's not what the plan says.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-sets-out-roadmap-to-cautiously-ease-lockdown-restrictions

Step 4, no earlier than 21 June:

• It is hoped all legal limits on social contact can be removed.
  • We hope to reopen nightclubs, and lift restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's not even a certainty they'll need tests.

Whether they do will be decided, I believe, via some trial events carried out before 21st June in order to inform what will happen from 21st June.

That's true.

I'd be astonished if they don't want tests especially when you have promoters like Festival Republic saying they'll be ready for them.

I think tests are a certainty, as they can't only let vaccinated people in and no checks at all is unnecessarily risky.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's true.

I'd be astonished if they don't want tests especially when you have promoters like Festival Republic saying they'll be ready for them.

I think tests are a certainty, as they can't only let vaccinated people in and no checks at all is unnecessarily risky.

if normal society is happening normally, there's no more risk with a festival.

Would also say that for what it's worth, even "potentially using testing" doesn't automatically mean "require a negative test prior to entry from everyone who's not vaccinated". It could be a case of something far more positive like "set up testing stations within festival sites so anyone who's feeling unwell can go get checked out"

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if normal society is happening normally, there's no more risk with a festival.

Thats correct. By driving vaccination and reducing the pool of circulating virus to a very low level the transmission risk is hugely reduced. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

And that's Fabric worrying, where the queues are notoriously slow already as it's like getting into Fort Knox.

Didn't Fabric shut down a while back? I remember everyone being sad about it (even me, although I've not been for years!). When did it reopen?

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I only just read about it and it's already sold out!

Gutted! Really liked the look of that one, but I think it's all just moving a bit quick for us. Going to keep my eye on those one-dayers then.

There is one tiny camping festival that hasn't gone on sale yet that I have my eye on it, but imagining getting tickets will be tough!

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't Fabric shut down a while back? I remember everyone being sad about it (even me, although I've not been for years!). When did it reopen?

They had couple of drug deaths on site and got their license taken away in 2016. Then reopened but with lots of extremely restrictive drug/ID/etc checks on the door.