Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Got this from deershed...

Hiya

Full steam ahead for 2021!

In light of the recent government unlocking roadmap, we are now working flat out to bring you an amazing festival!

We will bring you the maximum possible fun in July and that currently looks like a full fat Deer Shed 11.

The safety of everyone in attendance will always come first, and should circumstances change, none of our audience will lose out.

Tickets available here with a price freeze for the time being.

Deer Shed team xx

Email from GreenMan...

Wonderful news at last! Our inbox has been buzzing and we’re over the moon to say that, YES, the road to GM21 is looking a whole lot more positive. We'll be following Wales’ route out of lockdown so the guidance might look somewhat different to England, but we’re planning away, with tickets and line-up landing in the next couple of months.

A massive cheers to all you folk for your support - it means a great deal. And if you had tickets for GM20 and didn't apply for a refund then your tickets automatically rolled over to GM21, you don't have to do anything. 

We cannot wait to be together in the Welsh mountains again! Biggest love, GM x

56 minutes ago, sisco said:

Victorious Festival have posted today saying they’re going ahead too. 

Let’s hope for some juicy lineups soon!

Kind of hoping they've got a whole new lineup, 2020's was looking a bit shit (imho) but I normally go cos it's so close to my house!

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Can anyone be so kind as to inform me of the demographic that attend Boomtown?

I'm 36 and I couldn't tolerate the reading/Leeds demographic anymore but iam hoping that Boomtown can be my Glastonbury alternative this year.

@Wellyboot @vintagelaureate one for you to answer ... 

12 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I'm 36 and I couldn't tolerate the reading/Leeds demographic anymore but iam hoping that Boomtown can be my Glastonbury alternative this year.

I asked this before and it is quite 'pilly' and not really for families. Rhat was response I got.

14 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

It's not exactly the same demographic as RnL. I'd say that the majority of punters are in the 18-30 bracket but there are a good number older than that. As many have said before, the music type tends to attract a certain crowd but it's all good natured. Everyone's there for a good time. The production values are fantastic and the back story and interactive nature make it unique to anywhere else. It's definitely worth at least one visit.

If you like a full-on festival experience, you'll enjoy it. If not, you might want to look towards Beautiful Days or Green Man. 

14 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I asked this before and it is quite 'pilly' and not really for families. Rhat was response I got.

It is a younger crowd than Glastonbury definitely. I haven't been to Leeds since 2008, my last Boomtown was 2018. There was plenty of people 30+ there - me and all my group for one! 

I wouldn't let the age thing put you off. Plenty of people on here have been: @Sasperella, @Tommy101, @Sawdusty Surfer, @guypjfreak, @lucyginger, @Wellyboot and more. 

It's very much like the Shangri-la but all the time. 

In the old layout it used to have a separate family section away from the main two bodies of the festival but no one knows now as they've made it smaller and moved it all downhill for this year. It wouldn't be my first choice to take my kids, I imagine it would hard to be immersed in the festival with them. 

Boomtown goes beyond music with all the immersive theatrics, storyline and actors - I definitely would try it out once. I found people either love it or hate it. One my friends will go every year and the other won't step foot there again. They both went with me to the same festival.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all info guys/gals. 

My group may be in our 30s but we definitely know how to have a good time. We certainly wouldn't be put off from any drug taking and have the stamina to last the pace, but I.l couldn't put up with a large 'chavvy' crowd or a field full of only teenagers. 

If there is a good mix of ages/cultures who mostly are there to have a great time, we will be just fine.

18 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Thanks for all info guys/gals. 

My group may be in our 30s but we definitely know how to have a good time. We certainly wouldn't be put off from any drug taking and have the stamina to last the pace, but I.l couldn't put up with a large 'chavvy' crowd or a field full of only teenagers. 

If there is a good mix of ages/cultures who mostly are there to have a great time, we will be just fine.

Did you buy tickets?

It is a complete sell out now.

1 hour ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

First time I went, I wore a 'i hate thatcher' t-shirt.

Had quite a few people tell me it was a great shirt.

Followed by 'my dad hates her too'.

😛

I'm hoping to do my thing at Boomtown again this year but I have absolutely no idea how the shrinkage will affect it nor whether or not there will be a Whistler's Green type area. It could be that the whole event is just a full on party.If it is I completely understand why after the last year or so.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

16 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'm hoping to do my thing at Boomtown again this year but I have absolutely no idea how the shrinkage will affect it nor whether or not there will be a Whistler's Green type area. It could be that the whole event is just a full on party.If it is I completely understand why after the last year or so.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I do hope there is a Whistler's Green-type district, though with everything moving Downtown, I'm not sure how there really can be. The vibe of WG requires being a bit distant from the sheer volume of most of the others! I loved BT in 2018, spent masses of time in the Psy Forest and Tribe, but really enjoyed getting up to WG for some bands and a different vibe during times in the day too. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

And, that's pretty exciting, Boomtown having sold out, though I think they said they were reducing capacity a bit with the change in how they were setting up the site. Have any other 'big' festivals fully sold out yet, or it BT the first to reach that after the post-announcement scramble? 

Ben

End of the road has

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

lots of festies selling out.

Of course many don't have many tickets to sell because of tickets carried over from last year, but it's great to see people parting with their money and giving organisers confidence in the finances.

The people wanna party 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And, that's pretty exciting, Boomtown having sold out, though I think they said they were reducing capacity a bit with the change in how they were setting up the site. 

Boomtown were, rumour has it, having slight financial issues. 

I'm basing this on nothing but guess work, but as it sold out so quickly and as there will be so few events this year, maybe they'll try to expand slightly on their current plan. Good for them, good for the additional festival workers and good for the extra ticket buyers. 

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And, that's pretty exciting, Boomtown having sold out, though I think they said they were reducing capacity a bit with the change in how they were setting up the site. Have any other 'big' festivals fully sold out yet, or it BT the first to reach that after the post-announcement scramble? 

Ben

Creamfields is a bit bigger, and sold out a couple hours before Boomtown.