Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

So BigFoot festival which is due to finish on the day restrictions ends (21st June) has posted saying what great news the announcement was?! They've been called out on it but seem pretty adamant that they'll be able to go ahead under the restrictions at the time? 

Step 3 mentions 4,000 capacity outdoors but doesnt this still mean social distancing? 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So BigFoot festival which is due to finish on the day restrictions ends (21st June) has posted saying what great news the announcement was?! They've been called out on it but seem pretty adamant that they'll be able to go ahead under the restrictions at the time? 

Step 3 mentions 4,000 capacity outdoors but doesnt this still mean social distancing? 

Yep.

4 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So the festival cant really take place then, can it? How on earth are Primal Scream going to play to 4,000 socially distanced people? Must be a pretty big site...

It's possible that it might be one of the trial events I guess. 

After all, there do have to be some trials for later larger festivals to happen from 21st June 

Just now, Jack.194 said:

Just hoping for Reading now. It was always my backup to Glasto and I’ve bought a ticket just in case, fingers crossed it happens! I’m feeling optimistic.

I think Reading is going to be on the brink of being fine. But its all about what the festival has planned for attendees. Nobody has given details on what theyre doing to meet government requirements and such. Im sure some are hoping that they wont need to do anything at all except maybe more hand wash stations and sanitizer everywhere. 

11 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Who knew that business people prefer a sure thing rather than a risk? 😛

I appreciate it is that risk, but they know the plan and will have to work with it. If the govt pull the plug that's how it goes. 

While I want festivals to go ahead I don't think it's right that their risks should be underwritten when similar isn't available all-round. 

17 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So the festival cant really take place then, can it? How on earth are Primal Scream going to play to 4,000 socially distanced people? Must be a pretty big site...

The fact Bigfoot think they can do a socially distanced multi day camping music festival because they once put on an all seated daytime craft beer festival is hilarious

the fact they think people will pay money to attend a socially distanced event that they believed when they bought a ticket wouldn’t be is even funnier.

they will move dates or cancel. People will ask for a refund or to roll their ticket to the next year / when they can do it normally

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, eFestivals said:

If the Eavii do something - which is likely I think - it won't be Glastonbury.

That's what I mean. Not Glastonbury, but the people behind it. Do you think it would be at the Glastonbury site, or elsewhere?

I know they usually do Pilton Party, but I feel like they'd surely want to do something bigger than that? I personally think putting it on the Pyramid Stage would be cool.