Your favourite Glastonbury 2015 to 2019

Mr.Tease

Favourite Glastonbury 2015-2019  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favourite Glastonbury 2015-2019

On 2/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, Mr.Tease said:

Not much love for 2015- is it considered a bit of a stinker (and if so why?) or is it just that a lot of people posting didn't go to that one?

Can't really remember much about 2015 to be honest, I'm sure it was good just not very memorable.

Recall getting absolutely drenched watching Wolf Alice up in the Park.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, tjamest said:

Its my favourite of the 3 I went to.  Patti Smith, The Libertines, Steel Pulse, Frank Turner in Strummerville and both Alabama 3 and Public Service Broadcasting in the Glade.

Alabama 3 were great weren't they? 

2015 was a good one. Last one for a friend who I'd been going with for a while so a little bittersweet (don't worry, he just stopped going. He's still alive). 2016, like a lot are saying, hard work for all the various reasons but really just had 'something' about it which made it special. 2017 was a weird one. Most of my lot loved it but wasn't quite there for me. Not even sure why. I also worked the Wednesday afternoon which was brutal. 2019 was just brilliant though. possibly my favourite ever.

2017 the best for me, our youngest joined us for the first time, and he ended up dressed as smurfette extremely drunk on the Thursday.  He and his older Brother spent more time with us than we expected, and the group was a good one.

2019 was the worst, and sorry for mentioning it on here yet again, but breaking your ankle on the Thursday is not the best idea for enjoying the rest of the festival.

2016 was extremely hard work, but enjoyable, but looking back at the pictures from 2015 that was my number 2!

Edited by Greenelk

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't really remember much about 2015 to be honest, I'm sure it was good just not very memorable.

Recall getting absolutely drenched watching Wolf Alice up in the Park.

It's funny how many people are struggling to remember 2015 (including myself)- can't quite exclude the possibility that it's our declining memory rather than the 2015 festival itself!😂

3 hours ago, Greenelk said:

2017 the best for me, our youngest joined us for the first time, and he ended up dressed as smurfette extremely drunk on the Thursday.  He and his older Brother spent more time with us than we expected, and the group was a good one.

2019 was the worst, and sorry for mentioning it on here yet again, but breaking your ankle on the Thursday is not the best idea for enjoying the rest of the festival.

2016 was extremely hard work, but enjoyable, but looking back at the pictures from 2015 that was my number 2!

Breaking your ankle on the Thursday must have been extremely annoying timing as well as being extremely painful- every festival I usually see someone hobbling around with a new cast on, and it just looks a nightmare, but I would probably try to persevere too even though I would probably know I shouldn't!

I remember that poster years ago who broke their wrist leaping over the pyramid mosh pit barrier thing, and only realised something had gone wrong when they saw their watch had come off and their hand was in a completely messed up position- ouch!

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Breaking your ankle on the Thursday must have been extremely annoying timing as well as being extremely painful- every festival I usually see someone hobbling around with a new cast on, and it just looks a nightmare, but I would probably try to persevere too even though I would probably know I shouldn't!

I did indeed persevere.  We ended up leaving on the Sunday night.  My wife was sick of carrying around a chair for me to sit in, so she wasn't too fussed about leaving early!

2015 was my first Glastonbury, so it is hard to beat the impact it made on me but music wise it does not compare to 16,17 or 19. I had a good run on the Sunday, Patti, Lionel, Future Islands, Belle and Seb though.

16 was tough in the mud 

17 had Radiohead and the Killers in John Peel as highlights.

But my fave was 19, perfect weather, Frank Turner in strummerville and Avalon, sitting in a sand pit watching Billy Bragg on Saturday morning, Lizzo, The Cure, Kylie........ 

if 2022 is half as good I will be in heaven.

13 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

2015 looked fine in this video (excuse the lack of masks and social distancing, there were a LOT of covid deniers in those days):

Some of the earlier vlogs seem to have a better vibe. I posted the 2019 version, of this reading vlog, a few weeks ago. But this one has a better, fessi, vibe. So I thought I’d post it here!!!

Enjoy!!!🤗

Edited by stt11

On 2/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, Mr.Tease said:

Not much love for 2015- is it considered a bit of a stinker (and if so why?) or is it just that a lot of people posting didn't go to that one?

2015 was my first one and will always have a special place in my heart. The weather was good from what i remember, except maybe a shower during Catfish and the Bottlemen (dont judge pls, I was young). Same as the others I don't remember too much about it musically, except watching Kayne, though that might be because I was working. Even working though was a bloody brilliant experience and I got to see a whole other side of the festival (even though, it being my first, I didn't necessarily appreciate it at the time!). Wish I'd realised there were so many staff bars I could have gone to 😅

2017 though is far and away my favourite. In my mind it's the 'perfect' Glastonbury and was probably one of the happiest weeks of my life. The line up was great for me that year and I remember the weather being perfect festival weather (other than the wednesday but I didn't seem to suffer as much as some of the others). 

2019 also good but we got funneled into a different gate to usual and queued for HOURS, so we didn't get set up until after lunchtime and it felt like we started on the back foot having missed most of Wednesday. Plus I think it might have been too hot even for me. The moment I found a sliver of shade outside Stonebridge and slept the entire way through Ross From Friends propped up against a pillar is one I still get ribbed for (understandably). 

2016 was my least fave musically and also weatherwise - I found it really challenging. Was also not in the best place mentally and couldn't make it to the festival until Thursday afternoon, where I went straight out to meet friends and came back to the tent to find my boyfriend hadn't blown up the airmattress or brought a pillow so I slept on the floor of the tent absolutely bloody freezing. 

God writing this all out has made me a bit emotional! I can't believe how much the place has changed my life and I'm so annoyed I wasted so many years not going!

Didn't go to 2015 .

2016 was first so despite the mud everything was new and exciting . It was a slog at times and took me a week to get over.  But saw more music than other years and overall quality across the board was best of the three ....even in terms of the clashes missed some great stuff but saw some stunning performances. 

The brexit vote was shit but seemed to give a lot of people a common sense of togetherness in the Glastonbury bubble .

2017 probably suffered in my view because I compared it to 2016 . 2019 was great again but was far to hot that sat afternoon was a killer 

whilst 2017 had the most joyous occasion i have had at the festival (Flaming Lips), 2019 was my best in 10 Glastonburys..

There was such a great depth to the line-up you couldnt help but see a knockout performance wherever you were...

Normally the hot weather would be a killer for me but this time i just paced it, drank as much water as beer during the day and didnt fret when i was missing something on the other side of the site.

The magical Aurora, Lizzo and that massive crowd, Kate Tempest made me cry, Hot Chip made me dance, a remarkable performance by Janelle Monae to close it out.... 2019 may well have been my last and i loved every minute of it...

You lucky bastards are in for a proper treat in 2022

9 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

whilst 2017 had the most joyous occasion i have had at the festival (Flaming Lips), 2019 was my best in 10 Glastonburys..

There was such a great depth to the line-up you couldnt help but see a knockout performance wherever you were...

Normally the hot weather would be a killer for me but this time i just paced it, drank as much water as beer during the day and didnt fret when i was missing something on the other side of the site.

The magical Aurora, Lizzo and that massive crowd, Kate Tempest made me cry, Hot Chip made me dance, a remarkable performance by Janelle Monae to close it out.... 2019 may well have been my last and i loved every minute of it...

You lucky bastards are in for a proper treat in 2022

still hope BlueDaze best organised resale team will mobilise closer to the time 🙂 

All of them. 

And if I could remember then it wouldn't have been a good one.. 

97 Radiohead 

Another year the football.... Last real game I've watched believe it or not 

New Model Army and throwing half a... Plastic.... Bottle of cider at a friend I'd not seen in years and as I threw it I called his name and it sparked him out lolol 

Year me mate treble dropped and ended up in medical tent.. The year they filled the dance tent with shit.... We walked passed Robbie Williams on pyramid stage.. Friend was fine not even in medical tent but had blagged a life back to camp.. 

Working at fayres fair for 3 years in Sawdustys field we used to come in in the back of the a wagon.. I can say this now as its changed hands... Its also where I first met him and that was special.. Some one had nicked a shroom.. A big one.. Fuck knows how there heavy old sons.. I've been popping in and giving Sawdusty a wonderful strange drink ever since... He was kind enough to make our broomstick for handfasting.. 

Breaking in paying a fiver each for 10 of us and got about 30 in before they realised lol that was back in the day where the best and safest place to park was the travellers field 

Watching man fly in.. Star..

Watching lightning hit the overhead power lines That year our naibours left me a his BIGGGG tent.. When I came round and went to have a look there was two beds and a bucket full of cold cider and breakfast.. We've been good friends ever since although we only see each other at Glastonbury.. 

Sneaking through to the front of the pyramid stage when Metallica were on... Got one pic of the crowd which was amazing before security grabbed me and threw me out.. I have to say at this point I have the band that allows you to go behind the pyramid stage to the other stage... 

Giving my mate a cold can of Heineken.... There is no place on glastonbury that sells it.... So a month before the festival we went up to site and I buried 4 cans in running water.. Anyway I promised him Heineken and I try very hard to never to break a promise.. Pic is of him and his can.. 

Meeting a load of strange people from pilton 

Having the best old sons in the world 

Having my grandkids turn up for their first glastonbury.. All my kids together in a field.. Priceless... 

Getting married to the most beautiful and important person in the world... The wife wrote that... 

And it could go on and on.. 

P1050460.JPG

P6241432.JPG

11665499_10152895764297073_6386467408337644629_n.jpg

P6241442.JPG

SAM_2333.JPG

P6280342.JPG

IMG_20191024_160000462_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_153927087_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191024_153746629_HDR.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, Mr.Tease said:

Ha, and a cracking year you chose to first try it out! 

Finally got a ticket after trying for years and getting it right with Radiohead.

Being from California I didnt mind the weds sun too much since the weather after that was as balanced as you could ask for. Shame we didnt get to experience last years weather as it turned out to be good overall.

36 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Maaan I made some seriously bad choices looking back through those acts in 2015, but it was still an INCREDIBLE Glasto.

I chose 2017, I'd say it was the best I've ever been to out of the 6, but it's a close call.

Ha, I did look through some of the lineups and couldn't believe some of the choices I made, whether it be from general foolishness, not having heard of the band at the time or for reasons unknown! 

8 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I only went 16 and 17 - but seeing Radiohead, Chic, Kano, Justice, The xx among so many others and just getting lost in the place was unlike anything I've ever done, utterly magical.

Yep, to be able to lose yourself in something for 5 days with so many people and so much stuff going on all around you seems unthinkable nowadays! 

Out of those (only missed 2016) is 2019 for me. I think I went into it with less expectations (only got in via resale), smaller group, but everyone wanted to be there. Music wise it was the most consistent; don’t remember seeing a poor act the entire festival, but the Cure topped it. 

Worst would be 2015 out of those. First and last time I was at the Pyramid for all three headliners.