Disco Doesn't Sucks

CaledonianGonzo

54 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Problem with Glitterbox is it’s the same 3 DJs on rotation and has been for years, same goes with Defected.

3 djs is abit extreme hahah. But they keep getting bigger and bigger each year with the sell out shows they keep having. Like their own Croatia festival sold out in its quickest time yet with the same sort of line ups with a few welcome new additions and more upcoming DJs. 

Wouldn’t really call it a problem to be fair 

1 hour ago, Spencer23 said:

3 djs is abit extreme hahah. But they keep getting bigger and bigger each year with the sell out shows they keep having. Like their own Croatia festival sold out in its quickest time yet with the same sort of line ups with a few welcome new additions and more upcoming DJs. 

Wouldn’t really call it a problem to be fair 

Ha, extreme it may be, but I was definitely put off the London events after seeing Dimitri From Paris, Bob Sinclair and The Shapeshifters more than a million times. 

Looks like they may however be branching out a bit, had Eats Everything at the NYD gig by the looks of things. Suppose they need to keep that disco element as that’s what’s made it so popular, but need to offset the risk of people getting bored with very same-y lineups.

3 hours ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Ha, extreme it may be, but I was definitely put off the London events after seeing Dimitri From Paris, Bob Sinclair and The Shapeshifters more than a million times. 

Looks like they may however be branching out a bit, had Eats Everything at the NYD gig by the looks of things. Suppose they need to keep that disco element as that’s what’s made it so popular, but need to offset the risk of people getting bored with very same-y lineups.

It would be good I suppose if they got djs on the line up who play disco only sets, for example I remember in ibiza Patrick topping played a disco set and it went down really well same with skream aswell

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

My list for 🕺 and 🪩:

Eats Everything 

Greg Wilson

Hercules and Love Affair

Scarlett O’Malley

Midland

Honey Dijon

Horse Meat Disco

Craig Charles

Carl Cox and Eric Powell’s Mobile Disco

Folamour

…have I missed anyone? Open to suggestions!

Hey lovely, Shaka Loves You are pretty great, playing 3 times but clash with someone else I really want to see every time x

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm watching a disco documentary on PBS which reminded me of this topic.

and I wanted to share a description of disco from the programme. Talking about the euphoric aspect they said "disco is secular gospel music "

I thought that nailed it.

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's got the GSH I think....?

It's pretty soon to return, but the new album slaps and I could easily see her stepping up to WH level.

Yep I don't think the quick return is as big a deal if there's new material too.

i happened to see a documentary about the backlash to disco the other day, which included this annoyance and its been my earworm ever since. 😞