Disco Doesn't Sucks

CaledonianGonzo

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Disco seems to be having a very welcome revival at the moment. Can't help thinking everyone needs a little disco in their life at the moment. 

Not being funny but hasn't the disco revival been going on for about 10 years now? Not that there's anything wrong with that (gratuitous Seinfeld reference), but it's been everywhere for years!

p.s, despite being punk, I love a good bit of disco!

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Did someone mention space disco?

Hey Cal(!), this one you chose is the very gold standard for Disco every time.

My second choice would be Native New Yorker 1977 . Yours is the very best late seventies beat, mine is all about the late seventies sentiment. Both equally exceptional tunes....

The last club night I went to was Glitterbox at Printworks in March 2020 (nice one, Covid). Glitterbox have been a huge part of the nu-disco movement. Their parties are so much fun, totally unpretentious and create a safe space for everyone to truly express themselves, which are the key elements of the genre and everything that dance music should be about.

Disco lives. 

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The last club night I went to was Glitterbox at Printworks in March 2020 (nice one, Covid). Glitterbox have been a huge part of the nu-disco movement. Their parties are so much fun, totally unpretentious and create a safe space for everyone to truly express themselves, which are the key elements of the genre and everything that dance music should be about.

Disco lives. 

Glitterbox takeover in one of the venues in the SE corner IMHO

• Upvote 1

I'm that old, I borrowed this album from Swansea central Library on Vinyl and recorded the whole album to cassette tape. I then wore out said cassette tape in my car tape player. I subsequently bought it again on vinyl and it is now one of my more prized possessions.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

NYC Downlow obviously caters to a similar sort of vibe, and probably not coincidentally is the most popular joint in the line-up.

Last time there was a Glastonbury I was unceremoniously ejected from NYC Down-low in the early hours for mingling in the back stage area with the Drag Queens and the Crew without the required wrist bands etc, I'd been there for hours, so it was no big deal. The security who were tasked with ejecting me seemed embarrassed by the whole ordeal.