Jump to content

Marvel shows & spoilers


FloorFiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Is it just me who thinks Owen Wilson looks a little like John slattery as Howard stark? 
 

ok just me then. 

 

I thought the same thing. My first thought was him being Howard Stark from a different reality. not too far fetched when you consider the Other Reality superheroes will look different from the MCU ones, once they turn up, like Garfield and Maguire in the new Spider-Man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah, Wednesday nights are even more hectic for me! Might be a waiting for Friday job!

Same, thinking I might stick to my Friday afternoon/evening ritual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Same, thinking I might stick to my Friday afternoon/evening ritual. 

Ditto, I feel more relaxed watching Marvel stuff on a weekend. 

This means it might be harder to avoid spoilers, but hopefully it's such a mindbender of a show that spoilers need context to make sense!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve just started watching MODOK, it’s okay. It’s feels like a longer Robot Chicken sketch and it doesn’t come close to the Harley Quinn cartoon but it’s just good enough to keep watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I’ve just started watching MODOK, it’s okay. It’s feels like a longer Robot Chicken sketch and it doesn’t come close to the Harley Quinn cartoon but it’s just good enough to keep watching.

Where you watching it Jump?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's on Disney+

Just to add, I'm watching it on Disney+ but they are releasing it once a week but in the US all episodes are out now on Hulu so the usual places will have them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First episode of MODOK last night.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but at the moment it's a no from me.  None of the jokes really hit for me, but it's a style of humour that's normally right up my street.  Just felt like a much less good version of Robot Chicken. And I know they know how to get superheroes right because their DC stuff was bang on for the most part.

Massively underwhelmed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

First episode of MODOK last night.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but at the moment it's a no from me.  None of the jokes really hit for me, but it's a style of humour that's normally right up my street.  Just felt like a much less good version of Robot Chicken. And I know they know how to get superheroes right because their DC stuff was bang on for the most part.

Massively underwhelmed.

Yeah, I reckon its in part because Robot Chicken for example referencing Aquaman is no longer a deep cut for comic/geekdom now since Aquaman is mainstream so they to get the same level they have to try a lot harder than showing Iron Man’s boot.

I can’t imagine it will come close to other recent mature comic cartoons like Harley Quinn or Invincible though. Both of which are legit fucking great and are worth checking out.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been reading up on the Eternals as it’s one of the areas of Marvel I’ve never really bothered with.

Sounds complicated.

I am fairly upto date and knowledgeable on comics but I’ve not got a clue when it comes to The Eternals too. There was a Neil Gaiman run I always intended to read more because it’s Neil Gaiman than because they making an Eternals movie but I never actually did so I will try that at some point.

Have you found a good jumping on point or is it like old skool X-Men where it’s needlessly complicated so there isn’t one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...