Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Some pretty sweet action in this one but not much else if I’m being honest, and the only big reveal is the whole Sharon thing and I’m still not entirely sure what the hell is going on there. Is she actually evil now? If so, why? Or is she a skrull? If so, that’s something that’s getting old fast. Or possibly something else entirely.

I know there’s a shit ton of content coming from Marvel so they need to spread themselves somewhat thin to accommodate it all, but so far they’re not really sticking the landings to these series, or at least not in the way we’ve come to expect from the MCU. Just my personal take anyway - I’m sure in the long run it’s all gonna fit together nicely.

I'm the complete opposite, been pretty indifferent about the whole series but really enjoyed that episode, felt like I was watching a superhero thing rather than a weak spy show. 

The helicopter fights have been the standout bits really, the villains should have been a helicopter gang or something. 

Overall thought it was alright, explored the new world a bit and moved some pieces around, didn't really catch me like WV though. I'm super hyped for Loki which looks right up my alley but I'm really ready for a fun marvel film now (yes despite how fun our deep dives into grief/mental anguish and oppression/racism in America have been)

EDIT: actually I do wanna add so I guess he's the real government sanctioned Captain America now? And his first move was to get his mate pardoned? He's gonna have some egg on his face for that one.

Edited by priest17

I thought it stuck the landing reasonably well, although I thought Sam’s big speech to three people just as there happened to be TV cameras with the entire world watching felt a little on the nose and contrived.

Hard to judge the series as a whole - had some great stuff and some seriously less than great stuff. Their handling of the race issues was good I thought.

Between this and WV they’re really going all out on the “bad eggs in senior places” now.

On to Loki...

Edited by Hugh Jass

Some fantastic moments in that episode, and I really enjoyed the series as a whole. Definitely a few bum notes though, and Sharon is a bit off (surely she's a Skrull, as previously mentioned).

I read there was originally a plot about a virus that had to be cut due to the pandemic. That would certainly explain some of the pacing, which felt a bit off at times. 

Buzzing for Loki now though, I feel like that's gonna be an absolute mind bender. 

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

EDIT: actually I do wanna add so I guess he's the real government sanctioned Captain America now? And his first move was to get his mate pardoned? He's gonna have some egg on his face for that one.

Is he government sanctioned? His suit and shield came from Wakanda so he doesn’t really need their blessing.

Thought the finale was ace. It went exactly where we all figured it would, but executed well none the less. Sam’s speech was great, didn’t really mind that it was a bit contrived in the set up, it was really top stuff. He’s become a superb character. I guess that’s the way to approach these Disney shows - they’re more about digging in to the characters than shifting the MCU plot forward too significantly, which has worked really well so far.

Intrigued about where we go from here with Sharon. She’s probably not featuring in Black Widow, Eternals, Thor or Doctor Strange, so it might be a while before we revisit this plot line. I’m wondering if she will be the gateway to a more prominent villain? 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thought the finale was ace. It went exactly where we all figured it would, but executed well none the less. Sam’s speech was great, didn’t really mind that it was a bit contrived in the set up, it was really top stuff. He’s become a superb character. I guess that’s the way to approach these Disney shows - they’re more about digging in to the characters than shifting the MCU plot forward too significantly, which has worked really well so far.

Intrigued about where we go from here with Sharon. She’s probably not featuring in Black Widow, Eternals, Thor or Doctor Strange, so it might be a while before we revisit this plot line. I’m wondering if she will be the gateway to a more prominent villain? 

I’d expect her to be a key player in Arnour Wars. Can imagine her getting hold of Stark designs and flogging them around the world.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is he government sanctioned? His suit and shield came from Wakanda so he doesn’t really need their blessing.

how did he get sharon pardoned and the statue put up if he's not with them at this point? It makes sense after all the media attention his incredibly nose weighing speach would probably have got.

Captain America 4 in the works with Mackie in the lead apparently. Well deserved as he’s gone from being (imo) a bit of a shit character to quite an interesting one throughout this series, although I’m sure a lot of people will have to come around to the idea of a CA film without Evans. Hero titles are constantly being switched between people in the comics so this seems like a good segue for it happening in the films.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Captain America 4 in the works with Mackie in the lead apparently. Well deserved as he’s gone from being (imo) a bit of a shit character to quite an interesting one throughout this series, although I’m sure a lot of people will have to come around to the idea of a CA film without Evans. Hero titles are constantly being switched between people in the comics so this seems like a good segue for it happening in the films.

I’ve warmed to Mackie’s character during the series, so will be looking forward to the film. The series has done a lot in my opinion to flesh out the character for the more hardcore fan base, whilst the casual fans can just get that continuity of old Cap passing on the Shield to Falcon at the end of Endgame 

Also what was Captain America doing when Spiderman had to take on those creatures a month later? Dyou think he was fixing his boat or still harboured some resentment after getting his own arse handed to him in civil war? 

Looking forward to the throw away comment that explains THAT one 

668133.jpg.d9c2e167ff6a9d3f58953a3d4922a941.jpg

Or maybe...

567160.jpg.11ce278f5de9c9383297fe5a095f9105.jpg

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

A lot of the Sharon stuff doesn’t make sense when you think about it... If she was behind the scientist recreating the super solder serum then why was she helping Sam and Bucky track him down?

Sam and Bucky were able to get her a pardon and back into a top job in the CIA.

Watched it last night when I was already pretty bevvied so don't really remember much but I *think* I enjoyed it. Will rewatch at some point through the week. 

On 4/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully they redesign the goggles and neck of the costume.

Fully onboard with this take though. Made him look kinda goofy.

The wife really made me laugh earlier (yes, I know it's DC):

The wife: You talk in riddles. You're like that Batman villain... The Joker

Me: No, it's a different Batman villain who talks in riddles. Who do you think it might have been?

The wife: The Penguin?

• Upvote 1