Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

56 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm presuming it's just a case of building him up as the new leader for the next Avengers film?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. By the time the next Avengers film roles around, who's in the core team, who's the extended "team"/call ups and who's left. Something like this make sense/anyone I'm missing?

Core Team

• New Cap (Sam)
  • New Falcon (Torres)
  • Bucky
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • War Machine

Extended Team

• Doctor Strange
  • Spidey
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms Marvel
  • Shang-Chi
  • GOTG

TBC

• Scarlett Witch (potential villain)
  • Grey Vision (as above)

anyone I'm missing?

Florence Pugh Black Widow. Although she might be a Thunderbolt or a Young Avenger (you never know)

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm presuming it's just a case of building him up as the new leader for the next Avengers film?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. By the time the next Avengers film roles around, who's in the core team, who's the extended "team"/call ups and who's left. Something like this make sense/anyone I'm missing?

Core Team

• New Cap (Sam)
  • New Falcon (Torres)
  • Bucky
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • War Machine

Extended Team

• Doctor Strange
  • Spidey
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms Marvel
  • Shang-Chi
  • GOTG

TBC

• Scarlett Witch (potential villain)
  • Grey Vision (as above)

anyone I'm missing?

Is that gonna be boy or girl Thor? 

Are the eternals gonna be any use? 

Think Wanda's kids will be TBC as well

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

List now updated.

Hawkeyes both Clint and Kate Bishop

If you're including Speed and Wiccan then Patriot has been hanging out at Isaiah Bradley's place.

America Chavez is going to be in Dr Strange.

Basically Young Avengers isn't far off, I assume Hulkling will show up in Secret Invasion as we meet more Skrull.

You've not mentioned Bucky yet.

Just thinking about the Thunderbolts. There are other morally abiguous villain types knocking about too. Lawrence Fishburne as Goliath, and also the character Ghost from Ant-Man 2, who was a Thunderbolt in the Warren Ellis run. They could both be dead though, I never remember.

15 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Hawkeyes both Clint and Kate Bishop

If you're including Speed and Wiccan then Patriot has been hanging out at Isaiah Bradley's place.

America Chavez is going to be in Dr Strange.

Basically Young Avengers isn't far off, I assume Hulkling will show up in Secret Invasion as we meet more Skrull.

You've not mentioned Bucky yet.

Hawkeye - I was still counting him as retired for the moment, I know he has a spin off shot coming up, maybe we can add them to the TBC.

Not up on my Young Avengers but can just lump them all in together in TBC.

Buck is third down!

22 minutes ago, MikeClarke94 said:

Tim Roth's Abomination has got to be in with a shout as a Thunderbolt too, especially with him returning in She-Hulk.

Have they ever said anything about Leader being done properly after the IH teaser?

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have they ever said anything about Leader being done properly after the IH teaser?

In 2017 Feige talked about how they wanted to bring back characters like Leader and Abomination, they just need to find the right time to do it. So with Abomination coming back, there's always a chance Leader shows up at some point.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

With the range of characters that Marvel has, but with the "big ones" being done, I reckon the shows will end up being the norm instead of the movies. Already shifting that way.  

I know what you mean, but I think that they'll still do a big tent-pole Avengers (or similar) film every so often. Even if it's only every 3-5 years or whatever.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

I know what you mean, but I think that they'll still do a big tent-pole Avengers (or similar) film every so often. Even if it's only every 3-5 years or whatever.

Can see that happening, but the shows will form the building blocks for them rather than the movies

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can see that happening, but the shows will form the building blocks for them rather than the movies

Yup. And it's a sensible way to go too. You're never going to get a Wanda or Falcon over in a 90 minute movie but give them 6 hours of TV and watch us go wild. 

Just playing Devils advocate...Are we so sure there's going to be another Avengers film? Phase 4 is fully listed with no Avengers movie mentioned and some of the Phase 5 films have already been announced. What if the plan is for an Avengers series since trying to top the last film will be too hard but making it in a different a meduim will avoid direct comparisons or what if they are saving Avengers for when Marvel is rebooted with new Iron Man, Thor etc.😜

I like the shows but they have a c-lister feeling to them with who has been chosen so to me at least the efforts are first and foremost the movies and then the shows.

Even with the the "big ones" gone it's not much different to how the MCU has always been, Iron Man didn't get a movie in Phase 3 and it felt like Cap become the face of Marvel during 2 & 3. Phase 4 and onwards will probably be centred around new key players, maybe it's Fantastic Four or Black Panther or Doc Strange or Captain Marvel but keep in mind Cap Marvel and Black Panther were billion dollar movies out of the gate, Iron Man and Cap only did that on their last films and Thor never did so they are not as big as people think despite how fucking great they were.

I'd be all over an Avenger's series. Not sure how likely it is given the box office numbers of the last two films, and (with my ill fitting capitalist hat on) it would dilute the premium quality of the brand by having it on a cheap streaming service to binge for £7, but I'd love to see it personally.

Part of me wonders if the Avenger's brand could be replaced by a different team. Thinking Fantastic Four being used potentially as the new major "team" series? You can easily incorporate plenty other heroes in those films as well, Spidey, Hulk etc. A series of films with DD as the recurring villain would be incredible given the totally duff attempts at FF movies in the past. There's nothing to say the "main" movies in the MCU have to be Avengers films anymore, given the two most iconic Avengers are gone.

https://nordic.ign.com/news/42714/there-will-be-more-avengers-movies-at-some-point-says-feige

Feige mentioned earlier this year there would be, but things change. 

Even if it's not specifically branded "Avengers" I'm still pretty confident there will be some kinda team-up film. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

😜

but keep in mind Cap Marvel and Black Panther were billion dollar movies out of the gate, Iron Man and Cap only did that on their last films and Thor never did so they are not as big as people think despite how fucking great they were.

They also had the benefit of 15 or so films ahead of them, 2.5 Avengers outings and a locked in fan base by that point.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

They also had the benefit of 15 or so films ahead of them, 2.5 Avengers outings and a locked in fan base by that point.

True but other Marvel films that had the same advantages yet didn't bank a billion though. Doctor Strange, Guardians didn't etc and not even the really popular ones like Ragnarok and Homecoming did.

I'm not taking anything away from the others but I'm just saying those two made the most of their running start to be able to become staples of Marvel from now on.

Edited by jump

33 minutes ago, jump said:

True but other Marvel films that had the same advantages yet didn't bank a billion though. Doctor Strange, Guardians didn't etc and not even the really popular ones like Ragnarok and Homecoming did.

I'm not taking anything away from the others but I'm just saying those two made the most of their running start to be able to become staples of Marvel from now on.

Neither of those films would have got anywhere near a billion had they been released in Phase 1. Which is why they can’t really be compared to IM, Cap or Thor. Neither BP or CM were household names in 2008 and may well have tanked had they been first.

Both films were groundbreaking, but were only to able to be so with the work that has gone before it.

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Neither of those films would have got anywhere near a billion had they been released in Phase 1. Which is why they can’t really be compared to IM, Cap or Thor. Neither BP or CM were household names in 2008 and may well have tanked had they been first.

Both films were groundbreaking, but were only to able to be so with the work that has gone before it.

Not that I'm disagreeing that BP or CM would be billon making films in phase one but Thor, Cap and Iron Man were hardly "household" names either and many people were expecting those films to flop. A household name doesn't really matter though as the legend of the MCU came about as Fergie the producer of these films got pissed off in a pitch meeting he had for Ant Man with movie execs asking questions like if he's part man, part ant and that what spurned him on take control of the movies himself so he can communicate and do these lesser known characters himself as other movie studios didn’t want or understand Iron Man, Cap or Ant-Man etc.

Just another what if, I would have liked to have seen the MCU with Ant Man being the first movie in it. Alot of the MCU's tone was set by Iron Man but originally Ant-Man directed by Edgar Wright was one of the first movies set to go but then Edgar Wright had a chance to work with Steven Spielberg plus Scott Pilgrim and The Worlds End were in the works already for him to direct so it got shelved for later before dropping out as he wanted to do something other than the Marvel formula. If Edgar Wright's Ant Man came was first and successful most of the Marvel films could have followed that template of feeling like Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead.

16 hours ago, jparx said:

I'd be all over an Avenger's series. Not sure how likely it is given the box office numbers of the last two films, and (with my ill fitting capitalist hat on) it would dilute the premium quality of the brand by having it on a cheap streaming service to binge for £7, but I'd love to see it personally.

Part of me wonders if the Avenger's brand could be replaced by a different team. Thinking Fantastic Four being used potentially as the new major "team" series? You can easily incorporate plenty other heroes in those films as well, Spidey, Hulk etc. A series of films with DD as the recurring villain would be incredible given the totally duff attempts at FF movies in the past. There's nothing to say the "main" movies in the MCU have to be Avengers films anymore, given the two most iconic Avengers are gone.

One of them has big metal claws, one of them shoots lasers from his eyes, one of them turns blue

Some pretty sweet action in this one but not much else if I’m being honest, and the only big reveal is the whole Sharon thing and I’m still not entirely sure what the hell is going on there. Is she actually evil now? If so, why? Or is she a skrull? If so, that’s something that’s getting old fast. Or possibly something else entirely.

I know there’s a shit ton of content coming from Marvel so they need to spread themselves somewhat thin to accommodate it all, but so far they’re not really sticking the landings to these series, or at least not in the way we’ve come to expect from the MCU. Just my personal take anyway - I’m sure in the long run it’s all gonna fit together nicely.