Jump to content

Marvel shows & spoilers


FloorFiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wing and Bicep was solid entertainment, even so, seems a bit of a backward step into safe territory.

Really would’ve benefited from being resleased before WandaVision as originally planned.

Enjoyed Justice League more than I thought I would, still flawed though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Really enjoyed Bird & Boy, awesome intro scene and has led to quite an interesting story. Excited for the next installment on Friday

On this Justice League thing, I'm really annoyed about the high ratings it's getting on IMDB. I think people are rating it in comparison to the original and therefore massively inflating the score. I haven't seen it yet and wasn't planning to however I've seen all bar 10 films in the IMDB top 250 and plan on completing that list, really hoping it doesn't involve having to sit through JL (although I may be pleasantly surprised)

I was very pleasantly surprised. I wasn't keen on Man of Steel, I actively disliked Batman Vs Superman (glutton for punishment I know!) And the less said about the theatrical Justice League the better.

The Snyder cut isn't just better than the Whedon cut, it's probably the best film he's made since Watchmen.

It's a way of telling a superhero story that doesn't feel in the shadow of Marvel, or the Nolan Batman movies (or the Donner Superman films, but that's true of his earlier films)

Wonder Woman actually feels like the character from her own film, rather than a lookalike cosplaying.

And 4:3 is fine. It's the way the shots were composed - it does not feel like a movie cropped for an old fashioned TV.

The thing as a whole is just coherent in a way I didn't expect. It's good.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just me who found B&B a little dull?

Confirmed my suspicion that the two leads aren’t interesting enough to carry a series.

Falcon I can take or leave, although it looks like they’re at least trying to give him some kind of backstory so they’ve got my interest for now, but I’m always down for more of Bucky grappling with his awful past and think he’s a pretty interesting character so I’m excited to see where they take him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Falcon I can take or leave, although it looks like they’re at least trying to give him some kind of backstory so they’ve got my interest for now, but I’m always down for more of Bucky grappling with his awful past and think he’s a pretty interesting character so I’m excited to see where they take him.

I might be a little biased because I’ve never really liked Bucky or Sam.

Still... gotta do something till Loki I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Just watched. Feels a lot more expansive and high budget than I thought it would, but I guess it's that Disney money.

US Agent looks punchable as fuck. 

 

Saw this on Twitter and it made me laugh.

Capture.JPG

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed the new Disney gubbins, the action sequences all looked like a fair few $ were thrown at them and the fleshing out of the characters were pretty good. Eddie The Eagle as the new Cap was a surprise though. 

As someone who just watches and enjoys the movies/shows, I don't have an in depth knowledge of the whole universe stuff. Has what happened post blip been covered in depth elsewhere? I can't get out of my head that if people all reappeared exactly where they were at the click, what about all those on planes, trains, automobiles? Did they all die?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Enjoyed the new Disney gubbins, the action sequences all looked like a fair few $ were thrown at them and the fleshing out of the characters were pretty good. Eddie The Eagle as the new Cap was a surprise though. 

As someone who just watches and enjoys the movies/shows, I don't have an in depth knowledge of the whole universe stuff. Has what happened post blip been covered in depth elsewhere? I can't get out of my head that if people all reappeared exactly where they were at the click, what about all those on planes, trains, automobiles? Did they all die?

Spider-Man:Far From Home is the only movie/show to address it really (WandaVision is of course post blip but it’s not a significant part of the story).

I just assumed when Smart Hulk brought everyone back, the general principle was to do it safely. The guy was supposed to be a genius...

Edited by John the Moth
Was hulk not stark, my bad.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Spider-Man:Far From Home is the only movie/show to address it really (WandaVision is of course post blip but it’s not a significant part of the story).

I just assumed when Tony Stark brought everyone back, the general principle was to do it safely. The guy was supposed to be a genius...

It was the bit in WandaVision that made me think of it, where people were reappearing in the hospital. What if they were in the middle of an operation. 

I need to stop overthinking stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

It was the bit in WandaVision that made me think of it, where people were reappearing in the hospital. What if they were in the middle of an operation. 

I need to stop overthinking stuff.

Yeah that WandaVision bit and a bit in Spider Man showing people all reappearing in a school gym are all they’ve shown really. I know Marvel can get dark sometimes, but somehow I don’t see them having half the people who were on planes at the time of the snap reappearing in the sky plane-less and plummeting to their deaths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that WandaVision bit and a bit in Spider Man showing people all reappearing in a school gym are all they’ve shown really. I know Marvel can get dark sometimes, but somehow I don’t see them having half the people who were on planes at the time of the snap reappearing in the sky plane-less and plummeting to their deaths.

I recall Kevin Feige saying that people were returned “safely” ie not in the middle of the air.

Of course what happened to the poor sods who were killed because people disappeared - ie people killed because those in charge of vehicles vanished... is up for debate. That may well be too dark for Marvel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I can't get out of my head that if people all reappeared exactly where they were at the click, what about all those on planes, trains, automobiles? Did they all die?

It wasn’t a planet wide snap either. It was the whole universe that got snapped. In the years since the snap happened all the galaxies, solar systems and planets will all be in a significantly different location when the snapped lifeforms returned. Was Ironman able to calculate the position of every astral body to make sure each lifeform ended up back where they should be. 
 

If everything came back exactly where they left then there will be a lot of bodies floating in deep space. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It wasn’t a planet wide snap either. It was the whole universe that got snapped. In the years since the snap happened all the galaxies, solar systems and planets will all be in a significantly different location when the snapped lifeforms returned. Was Ironman able to calculate the position of every astral body to make sure each lifeform ended up back where they should be. 
 

If everything came back exactly where they left then there will be a lot of bodies floating in deep space. 

Christ, and I thought I'd given it too much thought 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Christ, and I thought I'd given it too much thought 😁

The reasons stated above show why time travel is also impossible. Not only do you have to be able to move through time you also have to be able to move through space accurately. It’s basic physics 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The reasons stated above show why time travel is also impossible. Not only do you have to be able to move through time you also have to be able to move through space accurately. It’s basic physics 😂

Red Dwarf VI "Out Of Time" - the heady atmosphere of pre-Renaissance deep space

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Black Widow has been pushed back to July 9 and is being released simultaneously in cinemas and on Disney+ for an additional fee. Guess they realised they just couldn’t delay any further what with Eternals coming in November and Spider Man coming in December so had to go ahead with the partial Disney+ thing for those unable to visit cinemas.

Shang Chi pushed back to September 3.

 

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...