Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see Sky are showing the Snyder Cut next week... it feels like a form of self-flagellation to sit down for FOUR hours on something that you just know is going to be utter toss.

Sadly I’ll probably still do it.

Yeah four hours is absolutely absurd for this film as I just know it’s that long because it’s overpacked and crammed full of nonsense rather than the story requiring that length... but, I’ll definitely be watching it, even if it does require several pauses to stretch my legs, or even do other things for a bit until I can be arsed going back to it. Might end up being an all day event.

Edited by FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see Sky are showing the Snyder Cut next week... it feels like a form of self-flagellation to sit down for FOUR hours on something that you just know is going to be utter toss.

Sadly I’ll probably still do it.

I'm actually really excited for it, mainly as me and a mate are gonna watch and send voice clips throughout.

Buzzing for it, it's gonna be absolutely awful and I can't wait.

I’m almost looking forward to the Snyder cut. There’s been such a lack of blockbuster movies over the last 12 months and a lag in more interesting but smaller scale efforts filling the gap, that i’m at the point that any old crap will do.

That said because I don’t have particularly high expectations, I’ll probably enjoy it.

Still... just over a week until we get Steelhawk and the Moody Bicep.

1 hour ago, jump said:

There's no new WandaVision today so I don't know what to do with myself now...

I'm tempted to watch it through again tonight as a film, see how it holds up knowing how all the elements play out. can't be longer than, what, 4 hours? without the credits thats only like 37 minutes

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Idk man, some really good reviews out there as well. Seems to be quite polarising. Interested to watch it for sure. Guardian have it 4* which seems incredibly un-Guardian for a project like this

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

Idk man, some really good reviews out there as well. Seems to be quite polarising. Interested to watch it for sure. Guardian have it 4* which seems incredibly un-Guardian for a project like this

The missus is away this weekend so I'll probably give it a go. Can see my doing a few chapters per night tho, certainly not doing it in one sitting. 

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The missus is away this weekend so I'll probably give it a go. Can see my doing a few chapters per night tho, certainly not doing it in one sitting. 

Yeah same here. I wonder if it would have been better presented as a four part mini series or something. Four hours is obscene.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah same here. I wonder if it would have been better presented as a four part mini series or something. Four hours is obscene.

I'm pretty sure that was the original plan but then they changed their minds for some reason. It's a no-brainer for me, especially given its an HBO production. A four or five episode mini series would've been ideal. 

Yeah it’s apparently split in to 6(?) chapters that each have their own title so should be pretty easy to dip in and out of it at appropriate intervals. Gonna try and do it in as few as possible, but guess that’ll all depend on if it’s good or shite.

Personally, I didn’t hate Wheon’s version as much as some. I mean, it was shite, but it kept me entertained, moreso than Batman vs. Superman, anyway, which bored me to tears for the most part, so I think I’ll be able to get behind this version too, even if the length is silly.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I don’t bother reading Guardian reviews any more. Pete Bradshaw is just terrible for writing out the plot, spoilers and all, instead of actually reviewing the film.

I like the AV Club.

https://film.avclub.com/the-snyder-cut-is-a-much-longer-justice-league-but-not-1846466321

Made a start on Justice League, about 45 mins in and the wee breaks have already begun....

edit... would only be 2 hours long without the slo mo .

edit edit... stopped at the beginning of chapter 5, we’ll watch the last 1 1/2 hours Saturday probably.

Edited by John the Moth
Updates

Funny thing is I refused to watch The Irishman even with all of it's accliam and also being from proabably the greatest living director in the world Martin Scorsee as it looked like was unnecessarly long, but I'm planning on watching the even longer Synder Cut which I fully expect to be shit.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Funny thing is I refused to watch The Irishman even with all of it's accliam and also being from proabably the greatest living director in the world Martin Scorsee as it looked like was unnecessarly long, but I'm planning on watching the even longer Synder Cut which I fully expect to be shit.

yeah its a weird one but you can see Scorsese films of a similar ilk that are far more streamlined and near fucking perfect films whereas this snyder cut stuff is a complete anomaly and no film release has gone this way before, to my knowledge at least. My mates can't be arsed as they know it'll be shit and I'm quite jealous of them as I know 4 hours and at least a bottle of wine will be lost to a fucking zack snyder film this weekend.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Add on your plans to vent spleen on Twitter immediately afterwards and you've summed up fandom in a single paragraph.

• Upvote 1

Not sure I’ll get to JL anytime soon tbh. Reviews seem to be incredibly polarised so that has my interest piqued. I imagine I’ll come away thinking “meh it’s average” 😂

Very stoked for Falcon tomorrow, which we’ll be watching back to back with Taskmaster on catch-up for the next month or two! It’s massive having something to look forward each Friday at the minute.