Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

I thought Thor was cocaine film making of trying to make it more outrageous only once Disney saw the dailies they had to cut most of it which is why it fills disjointed and why there's stuff in the trailers not in the movie.

One of the things that bugged was in the comics it's always clear that when Jane becomes Thor it's undoing the work of chemo which is killing all of her cells not just the cancerous ones so inadevertlying letting the cancer grow and she aware of it which is why she's worthy to lift the hammer but in the movie it just seems she using Thor as an excuse to ignore the cancer and was lucky Thor accidently enchanted it so she can use it.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, gary1979666 said:

What do people reckon to Ms Marvel?  It's fun, but kinda glad it is only 6 episodes.

Loved the first 2 episodes then it really went downhill. By the time the show got back to school life it was as if there were several episodes of plot and character development missing.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Loved the first 2 episodes then it really went downhill. By the time the show got back to school life it was as if there were several episodes of plot and character development missing.

Yeah, the middle episodes were a bit pants weren't they. Felt like a cheap DC show on The CW, or Doctor Who. Really enjoyed the last episode though, and the huge reveal at the end was a very nice surprise, had no idea it was coming!

This is a great trailer, and I’m still non the wiser on who’s gonna officially gonna be Black Panther (well, I am, but the trailer doesn’t really make it clear…)

Also the two songs merging at the end there… chefs kiss!

Edited by FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

When do you think we’ll see the characters (a couple of big-name actors in there) who have been making appearances in the post-credit sequences?

The likes of Charlize Theron, Harry Styles and whatever the dude playing Hercules is called? Fuck knows. So many films, team-ups and television shows announced that they’ll be popping up all over the place henceforth I imagine. Hard to keep up with them all tbh and I’m sure once some of them actually do turn up again I’ll have a couple of moments of ‘oh yeah forgot they were in this now/who’s this character again?!’ 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The likes of Charlize Theron, Harry Styles and whatever the dude playing Hercules is called? Fuck knows. So many films, team-ups and television shows announced that they’ll be popping up all over the place henceforth I imagine. Hard to keep up with them all tbh and I’m sure once some of them actually do turn up again I’ll have a couple of moments of ‘oh yeah forgot they were in this now/who’s this character again?!’ 

That’s Roy Kent to you 

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Worst thing that ever happened to marvel was the TV shows. It’s total overkill imo.

also that new Thor film was dog shit

Yeah I unfortunately agree. They were somewhat exciting to begin with, especially coming out during the first lockdown, but quickly became more of a chore to watch than being enjoyable. Still not got around to Ms. Marvel, and before I know it there’ll be a new one out and I’ll quickly start being behind on them all and inevitably falling behind on what’s going on in the films also. Just too much, especially as there’s often a wealth of other great stuff to watch instead that isn’t Marvel related (he’ll, watching the latest season of The Boys right now and enjoying it a lot more than any of the MCU shows).

20 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Worst thing that ever happened to marvel was the TV shows. It’s total overkill imo.

also that new Thor film was dog shit

It's funny that the first one had actual context for being a television show, and then after that they were just 6 hour films. Not content with being parachuted into She-Hulk and Echo, Daredevil's forthcoming series is apparently going to be 18 episodes long! Not overly excited about that, but maybe an old fashioned episodic series is what we need.

Thunderbolts being a film is very interesting. Wonder if Thor is going to be their 'villain'.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

It's funny that the first one had actual context for being a television show, and then after that they were just 6 hour films. Not content with being parachuted into She-Hulk and Echo, Daredevil's forthcoming series is apparently going to be 18 episodes long! Not overly excited about that, but maybe an old fashioned episodic series is what we need.

Thunderbolts being a film is very interesting. Wonder if Thor is going to be their 'villain'.

18 Episodes?!? 

thats a fuckload of fighting in corridors and stairwells....

in all seriousness though if them episodes are over 1/2 hour thats going to be a proper chore and i love daredevil

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Who even is in the Avengers anymore? Or will we not know that for the next couple years. I'm a fairly casual Marvel fan and only started watching during lockdown.

Since phase 4 started I've only properly enjoyed Shang Chi, Spiderman and to an extent Black Widow.

I think the guaranteed core members will be Thor, Captain Marvel, Captain America (2), Black Panther (2), Hulk, Hawkeye (1) and maybe Ant-Man and War Machine. Everyone else will probably show up regardless. No idea when they'll establish the new team, maybe the end of Captain America.

There was an incredible run on Avengers a decade ago by a guy called Jonathan Hickman. They're taking a lot of his ideas for these films, such as the planets smashing into each other, and the Secret Wars event. He had 2 books running simultaneously. Avengers and New Avengers. 2 teams, only the people in normal Avengers didn't know what the people in New Avengers were up to (which was some madness). Seeing the 2 logos and the films so close together made me think of that, but not sure how they'd really pull it off.

33 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Really is a shame the Russo's aren't coming back to direct, I can't really think who else I'd want to do it.

Give James Gunn the keys. he's made two of the best films of the series and can more than handle "team" casts. (we'll forget about the 2 scooby doo movies he wrote) plus they'd have killer soundtracks

Edited by eddie_corrigan

26 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Give James Gunn the keys. he's made two of the best films of the series and can more than handle "team" casts. (we'll forget about the 2 scooby doo movies he directed) plus they'd have killer soundtracks

He didn't direct the Scooby Doos, he just wrote them.

50 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Give James Gunn the keys. he's made two of the best films of the series and can more than handle "team" casts. (we'll forget about the 2 scooby doo movies he wrote) plus they'd have killer soundtracks

Not a bad shout, I think he's definitely got the chops! I wonder if he'd have too much of a comedic sensibility though? (Although I guess it's hard to say as we obviously have no idea what the tone of both movies is going to be)

• Like 1

Destin Daniel Cretton, who directed Shang-Chi, is apparently directing Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Whilst I wasn’t as in love with that film as some seem to be, it’s certainly (and unexpectedly) proving to be one of the better phase four films and there was a lot there to like so think he’s a good choice.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Destin Daniel Cretton, who directed Shang-Chi, is apparently directing Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Whilst I wasn’t as in love with that film as some seem to be, it’s certainly (and unexpectedly) proving to be one of the better phase four films and there was a lot there to like so think he’s a good choice.

I like this as a choice. Shang had some great fight scenes, and he can also do drama (Short Term 12 is fantastic). Cautiously optimistic.

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Haven't they done similar before? 

It’s happened often enough you have to question whether it’s really accidental! 

I don’t really want to spoil it but not sure I’m gonna be able to avoid accidentally seeing who it is before the film is out…