Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I liked it. It was a lite version of Seven, but I enjoyed it. The Riddler was excellent. 

I thought The Riddler was fine but they never really explained why he left riddles plus I found it a bit silly he was talking about needing muscle when the movies starts with him beating a guy to death and he's got followers.

I'm trying not just to shit on it as I did like the film and it's approach however it feels like it could have been a bit better all round, especially for a movie that tries so hard to be cerebral I wish it was smarter.

Edited by jump

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Not sure about this....hope it's better than the trailer.

I like it. She's not as stretchy as she is in the comics, instead it's more like Green Lantern-esque light manifestations. They gotta save the stretchy limbs for Mr Fantastic.

What do we think about this crew here? I think the two from the left could be Wiccan and Hulkling, but not sure about the other shapes. This is coming out after Doctor Strange 2 right?

image.png.753fe64e87716cad0fde18345070dd18.png

1 hour ago, gary1979666 said:

Not sure about this....hope it's better than the trailer.

I think it looks great! Big fan of the Kamala Khan Ms Marvel comic book run and from the trailer looks very true to the charm & goofiness of that series. 

Genuinely couldn’t care less about her powers being a bit different from the comics versions, that’s par for the MCU course. And there had to be some changes after the debacle of that Inhumans show…

It helps that I LOVE the SFX style used to overlay hand drawn animation elements with live action. It looks like this will be in the show itself and isn’t just for the trailer, and I’m 100% here for it. 

So yeah, count me in! 😃

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was a slightly facetious comment, but not a great fan of the way every single character James Gunn writes sounds identical to all the others, shouting 'wisecracks' at one another.  Exhausting.

I thought it fully lived up to all the cracking reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/peacemaker_2022/s01

Tbh by comparison I prefer the marvel ones which are enjoyable (which there are plenty), rather than making you so aware of their role in the giant money making machine. 

Edited by clarkete

19 hours ago, clarkete said:

Tbh by comparison I prefer the marvel ones which are enjoyable (which there are plenty), rather than making you so aware of their role in the giant money making machine. 

Yeah, I get bored of this movie is just a set up for that movie stuff. Only a handful of the films have actually been cliff hangers or set up for the next movie. It's more that the fans are desperate for a sign of things.

Moon Kight was alright, abit messy (which might be intentional) but very much worth watching still.

• 3 weeks later...

I have really struggled with the marvel shows, I thought Wandavision was good until they bottled it with that Ralph Bohner BS.

the Bucky and not captain America thing was a complete snooze fest 

Loki was just awful

not bothered with Moonknight

the best marvel shows were the ones originally on Netflix, Daredevil was outstanding. I fear greatly for them if they make more series now they are on Disney.

43 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Latest episode of Moon Knight… WTAF? 

I’m enjoying it, but it’s by far the weirdest of the Marvel shows so far. Embrace the chaos indeed. 

I haven't watched it yet, I have struggled at times with it (I keep watching it really late when I am knackered!), thought episode 3 was good and I have heard since the start that episode 4 was the 'changer'.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, jump said:

So the reviews of Doctor Strange are coming in and it's being called the best Marvel film ever since Spider Man No Way Home!

Seems to be getting decidedly more muted reception than a lot of people were expecting, like it doesn’t go nearly as weird or cameo-ey as it was made out to be. Tbh I think the Marvel formula may be getting pretty tired at this point and I really think it needs a bit of a shake up lest people start feeling a bit ‘meh’ over them (not that that’s gonna stop them all being mega-hits, mind). 

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems to be getting decidedly more muted reception than a lot of people were expecting, like it doesn’t go nearly as weird or cameo-ey as it was made out to be. Tbh I think the Marvel formula may be getting pretty tired at this point and I really think it needs a bit of a shake up lest people start feeling a bit ‘meh’ over them (not that that’s gonna stop them all being mega-hits, mind). 

I don't think they can win either way, they changed up the formula with The Eternals though and people just complained about it. I thought it was good but they just needed to edit it again to take out the repeating exposition I got so sick of eveything being explained over and over again. This does feel like a building phase where they are getting all the pieces together, once that's over with they can step up their game like how Winter Solider was a big step up from the first Captain America.

To be honest I'm more excited that this is Sam Raimi's first film in a decade rather than it's a Marvel film. 

Doctor Strange 2 reminds me alot of Guardians 2 as in there’s some really clever and cool shit going on which is far better than what you get from the average Marvel film but there’s alot of things that feel too forced.

The marketing has been pretty clever where they have been misdirecting the villains and roles, if they hasn’t you would haves guessed it already.

The horror stuff in it is great, it’s just a shame it had to be a rated 12 film and didn’t go for more scares and gore.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:27 PM, FloorFiller said:

I think that maybe they should stop for a while. Multiverse just makes it silly.