Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

I have the feeling that there are too many strands shooting out in different directions - I sort of want some of them to come together again.  The end of Loki feels a long time ago and almost forgotten - when we're talking about Kang, you'd think it would link into more than just a Loki series.

I appreciate it's the phase 4 set up, but lots of new characters doing individual things doesnt feel like the point of the shared MC Universe.  With post credits from Shang Chi and Eternals teasing more, plus Agatha, Kang and all the other new series on the way, you wonder what the next Endgame/Infinity War will be. 

I guess I'm just greedy, as their set up took years too.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I'll watch Spider-Man when it comes to Disney (although I'm betting the Sony deal means it won't come straight away), was going to go the cinema just before Christmas but decided it wasn't worth the Covid risk.

That said all the main surprises have been long spoilt now. 

Disney signed a deal with Sony so all of the Spider Man will be coming to Disney+ once their current streaming deals expire, I'm not sure if that applies to No Way Home though.

It depends on what you mean by surprises, I was hoping for Spider Man's biggest enemy to show up but whiplash never did and MJs neck was saved.

14 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I have the feeling that there are too many strands shooting out in different directions - I sort of want some of them to come together again.  The end of Loki feels a long time ago and almost forgotten - when we're talking about Kang, you'd think it would link into more than just a Loki series.

I appreciate it's the phase 4 set up, but lots of new characters doing individual things doesnt feel like the point of the shared MC Universe.  With post credits from Shang Chi and Eternals teasing more, plus Agatha, Kang and all the other new series on the way, you wonder what the next Endgame/Infinity War will be. 

Kang is in the new Ant Man.

I'd argue there's more cross overs now than there were before like Doc Strange popping up in Spider Man, Black Widow popping up in Hawkeye etc rather than before where Iron Man would just run off on his own.

Edited by jump

58 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there won’t necessarily be another Infinity War/Endgame where everything comes together in to one grand finale and that there will be more likely be multiple storylines happening at once. Obviously Kang is being built up to be the next big bad and I’ve no doubt that the next Avengers film will centre around him and possibly further, but there will seemingly be other shit going down as well as there are just too many characters and things happening now, and the real ‘Avengers’ as we know it is essentially no more. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there won’t necessarily be another Infinity War/Endgame where everything comes together in to one grand finale and that there will be more likely be multiple storylines happening at once. Obviously Kang is being built up to be the next big bad and I’ve no doubt that the next Avengers film will centre around him and possibly further, but there will seemingly be other shit going down as well as there are just too many characters and things happening now, and the real ‘Avengers’ as we know it is essentially no more. 

Feige has said "I think we want there to be a reasonable amount of time from the Endgame to start a new saga, which is already underway and already started", it took them ten years to build up to Thanos so i imagine it'll be a similar amount of time before we get our next big bad, with the introduction of celestials larger than planets and the Fantastic Four on their way I assume (but i'm also very hopeful) that they're slowly going to build up to Galactus over the next few years for that next big crossover event

I'm sure I seen a rumour that with the multiverse coming into play the big crossover event was gearing up for a Secret Wars event. Could see a Kang centered Avengers like film in the middle of this little saga but a huge Secret Wars event across the multiverse at the end would out do Endgame 

19 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I'm sure I seen a rumour that with the multiverse coming into play the big crossover event was gearing up for a Secret Wars event. Could see a Kang centered Avengers like film in the middle of this little saga but a huge Secret Wars event across the multiverse at the end would out do Endgame 

I hope it's more like the 10s one if that's the case, I want to see The Thor Corps!

Edited by jump

16 minutes ago, jump said:

I hope it's more like the 10s one if that's the case, I want to see The Thor Corps!

Nope, original please. I want the Wrecking Crew, Molecule Man, Lizard having a crush on Wasp, and Hulk holding up an entire mountain range.

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I do think Secret Wars is one of the only ways they'll ever top Endgame. The Russo's also seem to be indicating that they'd potentially come back for it too. 

15 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s a new Marvel series called Secret Invasion coming out in the near future. I only know that because they’re filming parts of it in various locations in West Yorkshire this weekend. 

Nice to get my part of the world on the Marvel map. 

A bunch of weird looking aggressive alien folk wandering around Leeds.... and some Skrulls too.

• Upvote 1

I think the Secret Wars stuff is more speculation than actual rumours in that it’d be one of the only grand finale events they could do that could possibly top the infinity saga. I don’t know too much about it other than it seemingly includes every character and their multiverse counterparts which would be pretty insane. Guess we’ll find out in about eight years or so!

29 minutes ago, jump said:

Anyone watching Peacemaker? I tried the first episode and I can't decide if I like it or not yet, the same with the opening credits, I'm not sure if I hate or love it.

I'm don't think that opening sequence has won me round to watching it.  Though didn't even know it existed - he didn't strike me as a strong enough character in TSS, but might give it a go before the marvel stuff ramps up. Is it on any of the UK main streaming services?

22 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I'm don't think that opening sequence has won me round to watching it.  Though didn't even know it existed - he didn't strike me as a strong enough character in TSS, but might give it a go before the marvel stuff ramps up. Is it on any of the UK main streaming services?

They are filling some on the blanks of Peacemaker’s character like showing his abusive Dad, questioning himself if he's a hero or a psychopath etc but it's all very James Gunn though. 

Nah, it's just on HBO Max at the moment.

Just read a Secret Wars summary on Wiki, so a bunch of heroes and villains get sent to a distant planet and have to fight each other? Sure there is more to it but doesn't sound like something that's worth a ten year build up to me.

15 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Just read a Secret Wars summary on Wiki, so a bunch of heroes and villains get sent to a distant planet and have to fight each other? Sure there is more to it but doesn't sound like something that's worth a ten year build up to me.

I think it's more having a story that literally everyone in the MCU gets involved in. Plus at the end doesn't the universe get re-written? Would mean Disney being able to reboot the whole MCU and basically start again from scratch.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 1986 said:

That's the 80s one, there is also the 10s one of the same name which was multiverse this and that.

Tbh just looking at the bullet point is kinds meaningless, like The Infinity Gauntlet isn't really that complex of a story but look at how it was done in Infinity War and Endgame. What is important was Secret Wars was a big event comic that comic geeks going "OOOH Secret War!!!" which would be fitting of a big movie cross over.

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, jump said:

Anyone watching Peacemaker? I tried the first episode and I can't decide if I like it or not yet, the same with the opening credits, I'm not sure if I hate or love it.

Yes, I've watched the first 3, not the 4th yet. I'm enjoying it - it's not groundbreaking or anything but it's very much in the vein of Suicide Squad. A lot of the humour and gory bits remind me of 'Slither'! I will definitely stick it through. 

In other Marvel news, apparently What If...? Season 2 and Secret Invasion have shifted back to 2023. I didn't realise they were due out this year anyway to be honest. The whispers that Secret Invasion feeds directly into The Marvels.

I'd be surprised if Black Panther 2 makes its November release with all the delays too.

Edited by vintagelaureate

• 3 weeks later...